Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6949&start_row=1

faith in joints

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: iruqee Sent: 5/13/2018 1:54:39 PM

Hello ... could you help me to win the Polish lotto ... my numbers for today and the next three days are 22.24,33,35,38. The game is called a minilotto and the draw takes place in less than 2 hours ... I believe that if some people lit a joint for this intention, I could win some $ 80,000 (PLN 250000).
the results can be seen on http://www.lotto.pl
Regards

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/14/2018 12:27:09 PM

Money and power -- deceptive control -- are the only rhings this system can offer you.. Temporary leasure and bodily enjoyment with no lasting life or fulfilment.. Striving for and signing onto this pyramid scheme is a death pact.. A suicide cult.. The love of money is the root of all evil.. You want to (ab)use a divine herb for collective meditation on winning the lottery? Really? Do you know that over 80% of people who win the lottery end up worse off, broke and destitute within 2 years? Bob Marley was asked by a reporter if he was a rich man.. Bob asked the man "What do you mean rich? Possesion make you rich? I dont have that rype of richness. My richness is life, forever."

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/14/2018 6:46:52 PM

HempIyah I love the way the I took a seemingly nonsense confusion post and made it into a teaching opportunity. Each 1 teach 1, so the saying goes.
Hoping the original poster was able to glean some wiseminds from Iman share.
Love and Innerstanding

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/15/2018 12:04:57 PM

I am sorry, I should really have been kinder and more Raspectful in that previous post. Upon reflecting I can't shake the feeling that it was wrong to say the words the way I did... We should all be striving for the utmost respectfulness and overstanding, knowing that each person is in their own place mentally, and teaching one another with kindness and not insults. I have probably posted tons of things on this site that others find nonsensical, so I should reserve judgment! Hemphill what the I said was profound, but at the same time, monetary possession does equate to survival in most cases of humanity at this moment. I can see why one would wish to win the lottery, despite it being less than a panacea for life's troubles. Yet I was very confused when I read the initial post, how lighting joints can have anything to do with lottery? Combined mental focus can definitely make huge manifestations happen... yet is this really where we should place our focus, on one single person winning the lottery? More beneficial to combine our meditations on how to uplift our brothers and sisters who live in poverty from birth to death, maybe in changing the overall system into a non-monetary system, negating the need for anyone to acquire monetary possession at all?
Again my apologies to the initial poster iruqee, please forgive my quick fingers in typing something somewhat rude when I should have taken more time to give a proper response. Love and Inity always.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/15/2018 7:24:31 PM

Well JAH Child, I dont think money itself is evil.. It is an idea or a physical representation of an idea.. But, what is evil about money is when people lust for it above all else.. Willing to do anything for it.. Even if it means the death of brothers and sisters or entire nations.. Hoping to win the lottery isnt nesicarily a terrible thing; I think most everyone has thought of what they would do if they won.. The difference is spritual. Gaining money for survival and growth vs playing the system in a 'covet thy neighbor' or want the neighbor to covet you type of intention.. Placing hope or faith in such a monetary system is a form of spiritual confusion.. Without even looking at it from that level, the lottery is a bad investment.. The chances of winning a jackpot are so incredibly slim, that it is essentialy throwing your money away.. And to use the natural sacrament of the Cannabis mystic for these purposes is nonsense and confusion..

I overstand the sentiment you express.. It is upful to be polite and respectful, yet we should not let social niceties hinder our expression of truth.. When we see something that is wrong, and speak to correct it; we should not apologize for doing so.. Not that I am saying your are apologizing for simply expressing truth; but that you are correct in your recognition of nonsense and confusion..

"The truth is an offense, but not a sin."

JAH truth and love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/15/2018 9:26:41 PM

Yes King. The I is right about everything the I said. Yet I know that it is possible to express truth while still exemplifying love and respect... actually if truth and love can't go hand in hand, I don't think the truth has really been touched yet. And I definitely want to be an example of how to put truth into phrases that still show love to the person who is being addressed, and love to all creation in fact. I never want to be so careless as to let words spill out without considering how the next person is going to feel. Compassion is a must. So I maintain what I said in the second post, I am sorry for allowing myself to be so careless in the first.
I was never chastizing the I for what the I said. I didnt think the I was disrespectful in the way Iman phrased it. Only was saying that Iwomban should have taken the time to say what I meant to say in a kinder way, and I corrected myself by doing so in the second post...
So yeah haha I dont apologize for apologizing!
Love and oneness IS the truth, and this is the most important focus we can maintain, in Iwomban Ipinion.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 6/6/2018 1:56:32 AM

There are no shortcuts to success. A million dollars earned by hard work and righteous effort is going be treated and possessed different than a million dollars that was not earned, hence, this is why most lottery winners turn out the way they do. Whether material or spiritual we all eat by the sweat of our brow. We must be fed by effort, everyone will get their pay according to the work they have done.
Many look for shortcuts to heaven and a bigger sum of money in their bank account trying to bypass hard work and higher education. Education in the sense of attaining true wisdom knowledge and over standing, so ones and ones can get the most out of their time, energy, effort and investments of all kinds.

Messenger: Johnny Roots Sent: 6/15/2018 10:06:23 PM

money is good, but greed is evil above anything else. some man bite more than they can chew, and others go hungry. Some man take everything for themselves and leave the poor people with none..
-
Greed is the root of all evil. greed for money, women and properties. material love. vanity. 6 foot six a where them end up.

Messenger: Johnny Roots Sent: 6/15/2018 10:08:58 PM

Instead of gambling, where you could lose all your property, why not make life instead by righteous work and livity. set up a shop or business or some legal work and earn righteous wealth. Money used positively could bring lots of change to the nation

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I