Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2776&start_row=1

monk picture that is claimed to be Haile Selassie I - deception

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/3/2008 7:25:25 PM

Matthew 24
[23] Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
[24] For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
[25] Behold, I have told you before.
[26] Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Here are some reasonings that show the deception in the video where a person is claiming that the picture of a monk that he was holding was Haile Selassie I.

He had to reveal in one of his follow up videos that the picture was really an Ethiopian Tourism poster, but he still insisted that it was Haile Selassie I, and in another follow up video he put up on the same day before he showed the tourism poster he claimed that he met this monk who he is claiming to be Haile Selassie I.

The I can see from the pictures that the nose is quite different. If the I look at how Selassie I nostril is more rounded, but the monk in the picture has a flatter nostril at the bottom of the nose. There are also other differences in the nose if the I looks closely.

Most of the detailed Reasonings about this are in the two links below:

Behold!

Recent picture of HIM as a batawi monk?

Here are the three videos:
First Video
Second Video
Third Video

Here are some of the spellings of the name they call the monk.
Abba Qiddus
Abba Qidus
Abba Quddus
Abba Qeddus
Abba Qedus
Abba Keddus
Abba Kedus
Abba Q'dus
Abba Qdus

Here is something I said in one of the posts

---------------------------------------------
Some day in the future, A group of people might come and say they are in consultations with Haile Selassie I and only they are allowed to see him in his secret place, and then they will come and tell RasTafarI people new things and they will claim Selassie I tell them to tell I and I. I am not speaking about the bredren in the video because he hasn't done such a thing. It is just the fact that many people, not just on this forum but all over, seemed to believe that the picture was Haile Selassie I just based on a picture that is too dark to be able to see the details of the face. So how much more effort would it take to convince people of much more serious things.

So many people never wanted to heed the words of Selassie I from since the beginning. Even the first Man and Woman didn't want to heed. When Selassie I came in old times, He taught people so much greatness and how to Live in the example and direction of the Most High Jah RasTafarI. But soon after Christ was crucified, they disregarded His teachings and come and convince people that they are saved from their sin because Christ was crucified. Even though Selassie I already told I and I how to be saved from sin as it is recorded in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. And what Selassie I taught I and I was not what they claimed, He showed I and I that we are saved from sin by becoming One with the Most High Living Perfect as I and I Father is Perfect.

They just tried to find any excuse to not Live the way of Christ, either because of his resurrection, or the claimed mistranslations of parts they didn't want to accept. And the excuses got worse and worse over the centuries.

Then Selassie I came again in these times. And taught I and I that the way that he told us before is still the way today. And also taught I and I other things that we forgot, that would guide us in these times. And now some people try many ways to make excuses to not Live the way of Selassie I.

I have heard some try to say that his words were mistranslated, so that they could ignore some things that Selassie I say. Others say that since he said this or that to a certain group of people, then we don't have to live by it because it wasn't addressed for us. Or others come as say "where did Selassie I ever say that he is a teacher", they try to imply that Selassie I is not a teacher and the things Selassie I said were not teachings for I and I. And every time that people come and say these things, they want to replace the teachings of Selassie I with their own philosophy. They will pick this a that thing that Selassie I say to join with their philosophy, but disregard any thing that Selassie I say that goes against their philosophy.

So how long until they claim that Selassie I is giving them new teachings and orders and only they are allowed to be in His presence. How long until they try and claim that their own philosophy is what Selassie I is telling us to do.

With the computer video editing technology of today, people could, if they had enough money, make a video that looks like Selassie I is in a room with them and even talking to them.

They would just need to find some old video of Selassie I and pay somebody to use the computer to put Selassie I in a different scene with different people. Or if they had more money they could pay people to make a video of a person of the same size and proportions of Selassie I, that is in a room with them and goes through the movements they want him to do, and then the video editors could use the computer to make it look like the person is Selassie I. All they would need is to use pictures or videos of Selassie I and get as many viewing angles as they can to build the computer model to show Selassie I at all different angles and even different facial expressions to simulate talking.

All it takes to make a video like that look real, is enough time for the video editors to make it look real.

Some questions to think about when Reading the posts in the forum links above.

Why did that man who showed the poster hide part of the poster by folding it. It wasn't like he had the small picture and then came across the poster it came from later. He had the poster, folded it to hide the traces that showed it was a tourism poster and also folded it so that it was roughly the standard dimensions of a camera photo. And then only reveal it was a tourism poster a month later, probably when news came around that other RasTafarI people recognized the monk from a tourism poster they had seen, as someone on this forum mentioned that they recognized it?

Why did he on the same day he revealed that the picture was from a poster, first make a video talking about his personal contact with the monk he claims is Selassie I and the "informations which the almighy has entrusted" him with and talk about his kabbalah numbers? Was the pre-video made to add extra support to his claim, before he had to reveal that the picture he folded up was actually a tourism poster? Was it a distraction so that people would not put too much thought into the fact that he hid the true origin of the picture in the first video? And the big one, why is it that he "actually" met this monk, but the only picture he has is from a tourism poster he folded up to look like a camera photo.

I think most RasTafarI people I know would make sure they had a picture of themselves standing next to Selassie I, or at least just a picture of Selassie I without standing beside HIM. If this monk allowed himself to be seen on an Ethiopian tourism poster, why would he object to a picture with a person he "trusts" like the person in the video claims. The person in the video says that he is "constantly plagued and assaulted by satan personally, because of these informations which the almighy has entrusted I with.".

So the almighty has entrusted him with some kind of information, and tells him to show people the folded up tourism poster made to look like a camera photo and say it is Selassie I, instead of letting him have a personal photo to show people?

Here is another Reasoning where a person named Tyson is talking about a book he is writing. The purpose of the book is to use information about the Bahetawi to promote the monk picture.

Re: Bahetawi (s)

Here are some videos that are related to the book in the link above.

"Have you seen H.I.M"

============================================
May 5, 2011

I got an email today from a bredren called Bredda Irie saying this about the person speaking in those youtube videos:
------------------------------
DAT MAN INNA DI VIDEO HIS NAME HE GO BY IS HAILE ISREAL HE WUZ HEAR IN HAWAII AN CALLS HIMSELF DA PRIEST OF RASTAFARI HE HAZ A QUEEN HE LEFT BEHIND AN CHILD ALSO HAS extort money frum oldwhite woman in hawaii i tink rasta communitys shood watch out for dis man he will tri to get herb an anything out of you including a place to stay one of my beddas let him in an was sorry he did. one love an jahbless stay cool natty

BREDDA IRIE
------------------------------

============================================

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 7/16/2008 8:30:45 PM

Greetings in the name of the Most High Emperor Haile Selassie I of Ithiopia, who is the incarnation of JAH in the flesh.

I thank JAH for giving I the knowledge of this forum, to reason with my Rasta bredren and sistren.

Well I have veiwed the videos, and I must say, that a Rastaman would not lie, especialy the Ras in these videos. He is a divine man, and if he says that Selassie I lives, then he lives. We must remeber that Mary said the same, and the disciples doubted her. InI should not doubt the power of JAH. JAH might is Iverlasting and all powerful.

I do truly believe that when he stated that he saw and met Selassie I, I do believe him. We must also remeber, that Yashua also after his death, walked among us in a reserected body, and met with his disciples after he was cruixified.

However, like the good Ras said, the Ethiopians know something, that they are keeping the Rastas blind to.

Deep in I heart, I believe the bredren and what he says.

I love Selassie I, and I felt energy as soon as the bredren showed me the picture of H.I.M.

Much love to you Ark I

JAH RASTAFRI BLESS

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/17/2008 12:55:26 PM

I am not disputing the fact that Selassie I Lives. I am disputing the claim that the monk in that picture is Selassie I.

You said:
-----------------------
I must say, that a Rastaman would not lie, especialy the Ras in these videos.
-----------------------

Almost every single person lies, whether or not they are Rasta. I would agree that a RasTafarI person would not lie about something like this.

I am sure that the monk in that picture is not Selassie I. So whether the person in the video is lying or is mistaken, I don't know, all I know is that it is one or another.

Did you read through the reasonings on this forum that this post links to?

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 7/18/2008 11:52:48 AM

Greetings Ras

I must agree that some people lie, based on their preceived notion of information, that may be incorrect based on the lack of overstanding concerning this information. So we are agreed there.

However, I must also take into consideration that if one is truly a Ras or a woman that loves Selassie I, such as myself, then one would feel a burn in the heart, and belly if there were to see H.I.M. whether it be in a picture or in person.

Now I do remeber in the video, that the Ras claimed to have PERSONALY meet this monk who he claimed to be Selassie I. He said that upon his meeting H.I.M. that Selassie I was traveling with two other monks. He then went on to describe how throughout history that JAH manifested himself in groups of three, when he incarnated HIMself into flesh.

I am not saying that your post is wrong, becuase I have read many of your post, even before I became a member here, and was blown away with your knowledge and love for us.

But something deos not sit right with me, and my feeling about this. I feel that somebody knows something, and are not telling us. They already saw the uproar that the Rastaman started with the coronation of a black king, and if news get out that this same black king is alive and living as a monk in Ithiopia, then this entire world will be in an uproar. That is something that the *illuminati* can not affoard right now. It would kill every plan that they have been building and unmasking for centuries.

But tell I, what is your gut feeling about this?

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 7/18/2008 6:48:05 PM

Greetings...

Eboni the I said

"However, like the good Ras said, the Ethiopians know something, that they are keeping the Rastas blind to."

That poster has been and may still be used by the Ethiopian Tourism Commission it's not a secret. One can find that same poster on the walls of cafes in Addis or in piles of old tourism posters for sale in the shops of Addis. Again, that poster is not a secret, surely Rastafari have seen that poster for years. If the I has ever been to Ethiopia it would become very obvious that many Ethiopians share many of the distinct physical characteristics that make up His Majesty, and it is always a powerful experience to walk the streets and catch a glimpse of His Majesty. When the Ras talked of meeting the Ba'atawi he does not say that the Ba'atawi claimed to be His Majesty, in fact he even said the man went by a different name. I will tell the I this, His Majesty Haile Selassie I has come to the world with this name, it is a name given to H.I.M. at His baptism and it can not be changed. As Ark I said, read through all the reasonings posted earlier about this video and consider the evidence, the truth is readily apparent.

SELAM

Messenger: Anthony Humboldt Sent: 7/18/2008 8:03:13 PM

Rastafari is alive and well. He lives in all of our hearts, in our prayers, across the oceans, and on every mountain. Everywhere you go he is with you. He is the child of the Holy Spirit and is immortal and omnipotent.

I think this rumor is for those who want something physical to hold on to. I dont believe it. His Majesty went back into the light he came from, thats why there was never a body found of Him.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 7/20/2008 8:46:53 AM

"He is a divine man," ???

Who is a divine man?

Idren,please think carefuly before speaking

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 7/23/2008 8:17:23 PM

why do people still look for the physical selassie I.

i don't know if u read or heard the speech of H.I.M, when the people wanted to build a monument to him, he said:

the greatest monument to him is to live a life in which people can emulate.

we are the monuments of his majesty, we are to live as he tought, to be the stars(dan 12v3)

according to prophecy

he came
he sat on the throne
he established his kingdom with law and order
the kings of the earth came against him, and he overcame them
he rise a people to praise him

Messenger: liberated_Ras777 Sent: 7/24/2008 10:09:05 AM

Haile Selassie the first King Rastafari

People continue to look for a god outside of themselves that is why they have to imagine vanities and make up doctrines to support their ideas.. Haile Selassie I is the bridge between the Spiritual Realms and Physical realm .Meditation or focus on his image will eventually lead one to realize their full potential as Jah. I an I are drops in the ocean of I conciousness part of the same I that make all things Haile Selassie I the first..

Icerning the Reasoning on the you tube videos

I KNOW that the I on the video is deceiving ones ... I must say becareful of ones who use " exclusive knowledge" those same ones are out to get new recruits for their group, they move from city to city once ones discover their folly and change their names its funny how one character is known by so many different names and exalted titles years later after being exposed this liar appears on you tube spreading more lies its hard to believe a one who says he will bring his majesty to america nd push him around in a golden wheelchair LOL oops did i say that... anyway the whole idea of this is BEWARE OF THOSE WHO HAVE " EXCLUSIVE KNOWLEDGE"

RASTAFARI LIVES

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 8/1/2008 12:03:11 PM

Greetings and Jah love farIver

"JAH CAN DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING, ANYTHING, JAH CAN DO ANYTHING BUT FAIL". Do you remeber the words to that song Ras? InI sang it as little Idren. Who know if the ras in the video is telling the truth or not? But one thing is for sure, if he is indeed a Ras such as you are, then InI all know the penalty for lying on the Most High Jah Rastafari Selassie I. One's very soul is in danger of such an offence.

The scriptures(the Ible) say "LET YOUR NAYS BE NAYS AND YOUR YEHS BE YEHS". That mean as men and wombmen of Jah, we are to always tell the truth, and uphold the divinity of spoken word as power. When that word is corrupted, then InI are open to whatever judgement that Jah has for InI.

I say all of that to say this. If the bredren claims that he saw Selassie I, "WITH HIS OWN EYES", then as a rasta wombman, I must not challenge the bredren on his authenticity. If I was to do that, I would call the bredren a liar. As a wombman, I would be out of place doing that. Did not Mary claim that she saw the risen Christ? The disciples did not believe her. They thought she was crazy, or just seeing things due to her grief of the cruxified messiah.

But as the words of the song indicate, that Jah is all powerful, and can do anything. Who is to say how, and when Jah can enter "HIS CREATION", in any manefestation as he so choose. He is the creator of all things past present and that which is eternal.

I wish to spark no controversay, but realize that at times we as bredren and sistren may see things differently from time to time.

But tell me, when you saw the picture of what appeared to be H.I.M. how did it make you feel inside?

JAH BLESS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I