Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=51

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 1:00:20 PM

much respect prophecy,

and i respect your decision to dress the way you do because that is your choose , not one that you are doing out of force.

and as you mention your break with your man --you did it for the reason i argue for --- he wished to try to dictate/control how you dressed and you stood up for yourself--- that is awesome.

as for an empress that may choose to dress in a way that you feel revealing then it is not her fault/issue if the brethren gets turned on, it is his issue on how he wishes to deal with those natural feelings.

to me as a male it is almost an insult as to how men are made out to be these beings that cannot control themselves. It is like "oh how can you blame him, look how she was dressed? how about because he is a human being who is suppose to be able to think and reason.

again i have all the respect in the world for you (and all women) who choose to dress how you wish -- i take issue with the males thinking that it is their call---- and all dress codes that are found within religions were made by the men that run those religions.

you did not like your man trying to tell you how to dress --- how do you think the men on this site would feel if their women dictated/controled the way they dressed? I know i wouldn't like it, my wife would have me in three piece suits ---ugh!

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 1:05:08 PM

Lioness, the I bring gladness to i heart
The Proud will never sight what true humility is. Instead they will claim that we are all in this thing together, claim that ini art one , and in the same breath, they will say, i dont give a crap what anyone says, i will do what i want

Give thanks for thy words of humility and strength
Rastafari Love

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 1:39:51 PM

RASK,

for a person that wishes not to communicate with me you sure have a lot to say ------and none of it on the issue of trying to dictate/control how women dress. Interesting

talk about vanity --how vain are you? I was writing post on the issues of tatoos, dreads, women's dress and because some of my words were in conflict with your views you assumed that my post were directed at you alone? I didn't address them just to you because there are others on this board that share your views on some of these issues -- so my words were towards the board for anyone to respond to ---- but you somehow in your large ego think, it was just for you. you remind me of the song from back in the day:

"your so vain you probably think this song is about you don't you"

If you wish to see my words as "attacking" "your" words feel free, but i am questioning certain views --- if some of those views are yours --- so be it -- if the shoe fits.
i will continue to question views ( yours or others) that i feel are trying to restrict another persons freedoms. I also accept as part of this form that my views will be questioned -- i can live with that --- it seems as if you can't, at least from me. why is that? maybe it is because of a difference of opinion a couple of months ago on another issue ---- but that was that issue and this is this issue -- i can separate the two.

please -- the sanctity of my daughter .. give me a break. i told the board how my daughter would respond if some guy would try to control her dress. And when i mentioned her beauty i reminded the board that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. boy if you feel a father can't profess the beauty of his children to others we are miles apart.

and if you did not like me making a comment on your praying to your father up above why did you do it on such a public forum? I know that anything i say here can be read by anybody and is open for criticism. you know what i found sad about your plea for help. there are 150,000 africans dieing every month that could use a gods help and you want it to help you because this one guy on message board questions some of the views that you hold. again how vain are you to think that your little trouble is important in the big scheme of life.

tell me why don't you address the situation that women have to deal with in zimbabwe? how do you feel about the Muslim women that can only reveal their eyes. you keep going to the unimportant issues between you and i and there are women everyday being oppressed by their men or their religious groups, which are run by men.

why can't you deal with those issues?

and if you honestly do not wish to communicate with me then do not repsond at all to this post. i have never said that i do not wish to speak with you, I have never threatened you to stay out of my way, as you have just done, so if you do respond to me in any form i will respond back.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 1:59:02 PM

seeen, how foolish of me, only now i see it. Big baby, you want to have the last word dont you...lol alright, go ahead, feel free
my last word to you, keep my people out of dirty currupted stinking mouth. you actually brought the deaths of my people to serve your petty argument?, and you call i vain? fire burn you
I talking to I Father as i do everyday, as i talk to all i idren, you think i am praying on the net? you have NO idea of who i am
spoken like a true heathen...congrats

now go ahead have your say and be done

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 3:06:41 PM

"keep my people" MY people.....MY people

how big is your ego? i will speak of any people i wish that may be suffering, because we are all one -- i don't play that "my people" or "your people" business.... there is only THE PEOPLE -

I don't wish to have the last word. If i wished to have the last word i would do what you are doing. i would make threats to you and try to pump up my chest and roar like a lion to try to intimidate you. You are doing what many animals do in the wild when they are feeling threatened.. they puff up their backs or flair out their hair to appear bigger and then they start to roar or grunt to sound scary - i do not see you as any type of threat so i can calmly continue to speak with you and maybe just maybe you will calm down and address the issue...

because, i wish to correct a wrong that many women have to face everyday and if you can't speak to that issue because you feel you should have the right to dictate or judge a women based on what she wears just say so.... but i think you are afraid to come out and put it on the board because you know how sexist that view is.

"now go ahead have your say and be done" what do you think you are a pharaoh or something? ...so let it be written so let it be done .. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 4:41:15 PM

Excuse I all idren, but i had to put up these two posts again for all to see and know , i do not like dirt being thrown on i name

one post is a mixture of two posts that i made and the other from Sis Prophecy

From I

"If I see an empress who wears jeans and I don't, that I don't have the right to say she is not a rasta"

True I, the I has no right to say she is not a Ras, but you still have the right to say that she still carries some sort of vanity within herself, no matter how righteous she may be, she still has not completely let go of this world of men. There is no shame in this, none of us perfect, but truth is truth
So your sistren wears tight jeans, ofcourse you are not going to stop being her sistren, ofcourse you still give her the same love from beginning. But, you can always tell her she can do better still, you can still show her that there is a higher path still, no matter how high one reaches, there is higher to go still.You dont have to be perfect, and neither does she have to be perfect in order to do the same for you, in whatever area you might be lacking. And this is not about judging, This is not about seeing the speck in anothers eyes while ignoring the plank in your own, This is about iron sharpening iron, this is about one helping one to take another forward step and letting one help you take another forward step.
Love goes without saying
INI Rastafari, INI are not here to fight against flesh and blood, Spiritual wickedness ini come to burn out

So as Ini was speaking of certain dress codes, tight t shirts and jeans, women with half their belly showing , which are clearly designed to raise sexual feelings, all i was trying to say was...
if a every righteous man is trying his hardest to keep from crumbling to his weakness and commit sin like adultry,trying his best to resist temptation, trying to keep to one woman as I Father taught......then shouldnt every righteous woman,in realising the power she holds over man, try her best to help keep manīs mind clear and clean, to help him resist temptation, to be a part of his strength instead of the source of his weakness ?
Mama omega principle run the earth

and this from Sistren Prophecy

Blessed, I have to go forward and read these posts, but I have to forward. I just wanted to say something. I am an empress, I don't tell other empresses how to dress. I would tell them why it is good for I n I to dress royal. If society wants to wear jeans, fine, but I n I rastafari empresses should not. This livity is to seek salvation, it is a spiritual livity. Sometimes I n I get distracted with lustful feelings and flesh. So, if an empress dressed non-revealing it is taking that lust feeling away. This is not downpressive to I. Plus, if I n I say I n I are rastafari, then I n I see with I n I spirits and not focus on the flesh. But, if an empress has tight jeans on and her cleavage is right in ur face, then I'm sure it will be hard for the bredren, cause it is natural to be turned on. Plus I n I represent mama omega, she always dressed royal.
In society men will seek a wombman based on her physical measurements, and ignore the sistren who may not have that. But, a real man with a spirituality will search with his spirit.
Now, some wombmen do dress royal but are wolves in sheep clothing, but so it go.
I think a wombmen can dress sexy for her king in private and do watever she wants with her king in private. But, when she walks out her gates she should be covered. Every step she takes she represents Empress Menen and must be upright with her words and works.

So the I dem tell i, how much of a difference do the I dem see between what i have been saying and what the Empress has been saying ?
But when she says it, its all "much respect", when i say it i am labeled sexist, judgemental and lol a dictator....after i already said jokingly but in truth, do not take me for a Fidel Castro or something

The i dem sight why i dont come to a Rasta forum to talk to ppl who have no idea of the irits of Rastafari, unless it is ofcourse the up and coming youths who might not be Ras still, but are genuinely interested in the path and are seeking ways to aid their journey. NO i am talking of those that come here with all their preconcieved ideas, wherever they got them from, and then when you say something,your words are taken all out of context and proportion. It is the same thing that was happening with all the battyman hype a few years ago. The youths dem say burn battyman, and the whole world went mad as if rasta was promoting violonce against anyone. but every rasta who heard those same words could immediately overs the context of what was being said because ini already done bow ourselves to the principles of Rastafari,principles of the sanctity of life in all its forms, no matter what. And it is the same thing when some hear Rasta say Black Supremacy, people get in an uproar because they do not overs the context, they take it to be a racial thing. The same thing happened just now.

Just look at this,
i pointed out to i sistren Ten, not to miss the point of what i was trying to say, and this is what came from someone i was not even speaking to

"who is missing the point?
because in reality of those that read,study, and believe in the bible i thought the point was and is:
"leave all judgement unto Him"
and unless you are Him why are you concerned with how one would respond to the "don't judge me" statement as i am sure you would not judge someone, unless of course it was a girl wearing jeans or a guy shaving his face or maybe a rasta who chooses not to grow locks. then maybe you may feel qualified to take the place of Him and cast judgement."

Can the i dem sight all the assumptions and judgements that has been cast upon i in this smaill post?

NO? can the i dem sight it in this one .... "if I daughter were to wear tight jeans you would cast judgement that no matter how good of a person she may be she is somehow lower in your moral status of what you feel is exceptable."

Still dont see it ,idren ?, how about this one ..." if you are one that was raised on that whole adam and eve thing and she was portrayred as the tempest then i can understand why you feel as you do"

Lol, he knows how i feel, seeeeen

He couldnt even realise it when i was talking to I self within i self, telling i self to be humble and let it go, hoping against hope, that if he saw it, he might humble himslef enough to let it go. instead he makes a mockery telling i to go pray to my god in the sky. Instead of seeing that i was trying to keep humble in order not to disrupt the reasoning, what does he do? He thinks i am making a "plea for help" from some god in the sky . lol plea for help? help against what? this little pest on my computer screen?
i am trying to be scary?? lol what am i going to do, come through his computer screen and choke him?
Did he say i threathened him? plz show me. A threat is saying im going to do this if you do or dont do that...right?
Did any of the i dem see anywhere where i said , if u do this or that im going to do this or that? Except ofcourse when i told him to expect to be disrespected if he disrespects i?
if asking a person to keep out of my way and i will do the same..if that is a threat, so be it

i humble iself to the right judgement of all i idren

Blessed be the MOst High JAH RAstafari the Ancient of days
Rastafari LOve

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 8/10/2007 5:10:54 PM

Seen! A so some de i dem a go on with lioness?Women! cover your nakedness when you go out and when u come in let no other man or men uncover your nakedness.If a woman choose to wear long dresses that is good,If a women want to wear a short dress at her home that fine too but not to much nakedness.If a man forcing his queen to stop wear her long african dress to wear those prostitute clothings,it's wrong.IF I queen tell i cut the hair out i face and my wooly hair upon my head that would be wrong also to tell i that,because she would be interfering with my Nazarene vow.Men are not suppose to be women and women are not suppose to be man but both should be equal in I and I sight.So i would not say that hard works is just for men because women too accomplish these same hard work as men did.So dont cause confusion among yourself (mr.Looking still)and Ras kebreab.Raspect Selahssie Children!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 5:45:45 PM

No confusion here my idren, read everything what i have been saying concerning this and tell i if i have been saying any different from what the i is saying
"So i would not say that hard works is just for men because women too accomplish these same hard work as men did."
Give thanks for that brethren

Rastafari

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 5:47:55 PM

"has not completely let go of this world of men." ...world of MEN?

are women wearing jeans for men? some yes and, some no i imagine as my mother had to do years ago when she rejected what the men expected her to wear (skirts below her knees and sweaters up to her chin) and choose what she wished to wear ---jeans

and still the world of religious men today would have them wearing ankle length dresses with their beautiful flowing hair covered.

so when this women finally rejects jeans she will have "let go of this world of men"? no --she will have given in to it.
if a every righteous man is trying his hardest to keep from crumbling to his weakness and commit sin like adultry,trying his best to resist temptation, trying to keep to one woman as I Father taught......then shouldnt every righteous woman,in realising the power she holds over man, try her best to help keep manīs mind clear and clean, to help him resist temptation, to be a part of his strength instead of the source of his weakness"

so actually it isn't my wife that should dress in a burlap sack, but all of the other women that i meet so i won't try to take them to bed and if i do take one to bed it is their fault for dressing the way they did and "tempting" me. somehow i don't see my wife buying that explanation if i ever given into that temptation. and for any women that would allow her man to pass the buck to the other women, shame on her for marrying a man with the discipline of a two year old around a plate of cookies.

"But when she says it, its all "much respect", when i say it i am labeled sexist, judgemental"

i said much respect to her because she had came to the decision to dress this way of her own accord not because her man suggested or tried to make her. I don't necessarily agree with her issues of the flesh but what concerns me is a person choosing to do something of their own free will --- she is. prophecy actually did what i would like more women to do -- when her man tried to control her style of dressing (by insulting her he hoped she would change) she told him (and i am sure it was hard and i am sorry that he placed her in that position) it is over. I see high school males trying to control their girl friends all the time as if the girls is their property. and yes there are girls that try to do the same ---neither is right.

you on the other hand are not discussing how you or males should dress, but how you feel women should dress and you feel qualified to then make a judgement about them if they do not dress as you feel they should ...and you say so yourself....

"you still have the right to say that she still carries some sort of vanity within herself,"

really we have the "right" to do that? when someone dresses not up to our standards we can call them vain.

i can't let my wife see that one because she will be calling me vain everyday, because i definitely do not dress up to her standards.

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 5:56:51 PM

much respect Selahssie i son,

but isn't it a double standard that we are not calling on men to cover themselves?

is it fair or just to place the restriction on the women and not the men?

how many men do you think would object if it was the other way around ---women telling the men how to dress?

what if the women wishes to wear, let us say, jeans and the man is forcing her not to... is that right on his part?

much thanks for your reasoning

seen --respect the children

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I