Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=141

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Osiris Sent: 8/13/2007 2:18:07 PM

Look at all of this name calling and insults!
Brothers and sisters I n I have to realize the amount of time we are engaging ourselves in negativity here. Ones need to realize there is no way to see JAH light when locked in this kind of contention.

Please, I implore the idren: Let this go, and move on. There are much more positive things that can be done with our time.

forward on JAH children........

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 2:47:19 PM

respect prophecy,

i am curious -- do you know the "why?" as to women not being able to cook in the universal kitchen?

peace

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/13/2007 6:12:44 PM

To be honest I do not remember why women cannot cook or minister, but I will have to find out again. I was just so mesmerized during I visit, all the questions I wanted to ask, I didn't think to ask. Or some things told to I, I can not remember because I was just mesmerized by the beauty. Of course where ever u go folly occurs, but all the negativity I heard before going Jah show I the opposite triple fold. If u deal with folly u cannot hide from it, for u will be purged from any wrong to come into the right. U will taught obedience and how to wash one another's feet. What a joy! U do not have to be bobo to go. I met a bredren from ethiopia there, he is not bobo. Just like in Shashamani, when u enter the grounds everyone enters as one. Whether Binghi, bobo, 12 tribe, all together as one. I never been there so I cannot speak. But on Zion hill it is beyond words. I remember standing for I first psalm reading followed by roll call and a rainbow appeared in the sky. What a joy, Oh what a joy!!!!

I spirit is still dancing and clapping there..

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/13/2007 6:45:45 PM

You know what vanity is? Vanity is the assumption that the Most High God cares what goes on your body (ie: clothing, headwraps, etc.). Go find one living thing that was not born naked, just one. If you adorn yourself based on anything outside of your Self and your Guidance, that is vanity. If you concern yourself with the appearance of persons not under your gaurdianship (children, grandchildren, etc.), then that is vanity. If you compare yourself to anything that is not One Perfect God, that is vanity. If persons were ment to be same, there would be but one person or at least one type of person. If we were all ment to eat the same there would only be one thing to eat.
Any person, rightious or otherwise, who throws negativity (of any kind) at anything, human or otherwise, is overcome with vanity. Thinking that the opinion of any one person is as valuable as the will of God is not only vanity but also folly. Anyone who would dictate how a woman should dress is mistaken. Anyone who assumes a woman is not rightious if she is not wraped from head to toe in fabric, is mistaken. Anyone who thinks that God's work can only be done in a certain costume, is mistaken.
What does God say of the women and men who wear a string of beads or a loin cloth as their only garment?
Flesh is a temporary state of being that has so little to do with rightiousness that it's sad how many people are caught up in it. If you live to be a hundred, your life will still be only a blink in time. Who you are outside of physicality is what matters, everything else is vanity. Preservation of the gifts one has been blessed to recieve is all that matters, concerning vanity and rightiousness.
Eventually, ones will discover that the path to rightiousness starts and ends naked; born without adornment, die stripped bare to one's soul. There, in nakedness, is GOD.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/13/2007 7:07:43 PM

Greetings I Empress

I sight why the I waited so long to post on this subject, unless i didnt notice something from you before. It is a very well thought and articulate reasoning full of truth.
I give thanks for that

but permit i if i may to ask a question?

I am glad the I said "If you concern yourself with the appearance of persons not under your gaurdianship (children, grandchildren, etc.)"

I question is,
who is your daughter if not I daughter too?
who is my son if not the I´s son too?

Rastafari Ises

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 8:58:14 PM

empress nz,

Words will not express my respect for those words so i will simply say ....

thanks

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 8:59:51 PM

thanks for responding prophecy. i hope you can find the answer at some point.

respect

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/13/2007 10:47:53 PM

"I question is,
who is your daughter if not I daughter too?
who is my son if not the I´s son too?"

Bredren, if a child is not under your gaurdianship (meaning you are not their designated gaurdian) you cannot claim them. Although a village raises a child, a parent decides how that child is raised, seen. You can make a friendly suggestion but if your opinion is not requested then it is vanity to offer it. Imagine if a Rasta came and spoke to your child as though they had ownership, how would you feel? Especially if they did not consult you, their message was contrary to your teachings, or they chastised your child for actions you support.
Humility allows one to understand that too many voices kills silence, and only in silence does God speak.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/13/2007 11:20:34 PM

Alright sistren

Give thanks.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/14/2007 5:50:18 AM

Greetings Empress
Give thanks for your itations, good reasonings indeed.
Jah Bless.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I