Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=91

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ten Sent: 8/12/2007 5:06:10 PM

sis prophecy - if you're in the us or canada you cld try afrocenterltd.com, africancraft.com, africanclothesonline.com, dupsies.com and 1stafricanclothing.com. the prices are much higher than what you'd pay in local currency, but I guess people have to make a living in the West somehow. Give Thanks

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/12/2007 5:44:37 PM

blessed Ten, give thanx again..apprecilove it..love love

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/12/2007 6:47:48 PM

dom,

is it bs that religions try to set the standards for women on what to wear?

if that is what you mean -- i agree 100%

for 1000's of years (still going on today) it is the men of religous organizations deciding what is humble dress. and much of this is based off the old idea that women should not be exposing themselves because they will "tempt" men.

imagine how the muslim women feel that are only allowed to reveal their eyes and they can't leave the house unless in the company of a male relative.

i can't imagine many men would like to have the shoe on the other foot.

now you may think this is a bs issue, but if you were the women being told what to wear --- do you think you might feel different?

equal rights and justice.

"First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew. Then they came for the communists and I did not speak out because I was not a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak out for me." (Pastor Niemoller, Nazi victim.)

peace and respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/12/2007 6:50:56 PM

much respect prophecy,

i hope no one has seen it as you that said it was alright to refer to a jean wearing women as vain ---- it was the k guy.

peace

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/12/2007 7:00:51 PM

respect ten,

thanks for the correction on the clothes for mandiba -- i wasn't sure so i went with a so called general term -- much thanks

yeah i have no interest in the "clothes makes the PERSON philosophy"

i see girls making similar mistakes in judging a man by the car they drive.

lololololo this got me thinking of me and i wife's first date lolololo

i showed up wearing shorts,flip flops, and a tattered tank top and we..... walked 1.5 miles to the restaurant because my junk box car was broken down. lol

17 years later i guess she didn't believe in those material indicators either.

peace

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 7:18:33 PM

And you ask i to light my chalice with this vampire, sis Ten?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 7:33:43 PM

so if i one day use the word "mankind" am i going to be accused of excluding women?
And this is an over 40 yr old teacher? lol this world is a funny place

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 7:37:21 PM

""he says to prophecy that....

"you (prophecy)still have the right to say that she still carries some sort of vanity within herself," (sounds like making a judgement doesn't it (all for wearing aaahhhhh jeans?)

ok. i've got it now -- if the judgement is made towards someone else it is ok but if it is directed at k it is not ok.""

I wonder why the next part of the sentence was left out? hmm lets see
"There is no shame in this, none of us perfect,"

seen, i wonder who "us", refers to? could it include me as well`? i wonder

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 7:43:35 PM

"The whole point of Ark I post was to ask you to stop twisting around words to suit your aruments. And what do you do? you did that very same thing right from the openeing of your post.
Why would you try to convince Ark I, that i did indeed call you low??
Did you hear Ark I ever say that i did not call you low?
Ark I said, RasKebreAb didnt call you low for the reason that you mentioned above. How does that translate to mean, RasKebreAb did not call you low? honestly ""

and what is this "mans" reply? he asks

instead of trying to have me rely on ark i explaining how i should not have taken that as you saying i am low ---could you"

for the third time he needs it explained?
and i am the retard?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/12/2007 7:46:28 PM

notice how days after i have left this thing he is still talking about me. big man dont you feel no shame?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I