Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=31

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 4:51:48 AM

Give thanks I Lion

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 7:42:29 AM

honestly rask if you disagree with me that is fine, just say so clearly, but these little post like "is someone talking to me" and "did he say flunk them?" do nothing in the line of reasonning

yes -- i said flunk them, but not if they have earned a passing grade. i mean it as a natural consequence to not paying attention in class. the fear of the administration, who make the policies (and are predominately male mind you), is that learning will be difficult if girls have too much skin showing. so instead of addressing the issue of males not being able to concentrate and have discipline we will cover up the girls. these are male dominated sexist mentalities and in the year 2007 we should be getting over this garbage.

women do not get mistreated as sex objects because of the way they dress --- they get it because some men do not have or do not listen to the inner voice that should be telling them to keep their mouths shut and their hands to themselves.

i have exercised my whole life and continue to do so ---- physically my body would be described as athletic. in hot weather i go for my runs with no shirt on. in thirty plus years it has happened less than five times that some girls drove by and yelled out of their car window.

now imagine a girl goes out for a run in shorts and a sports bra (though i feel that she should be able to do exactly as me). she may get yelled at five times in an hour.

so now i ask you where does the problem lie ---with the girl wearing the sports bra or the guys that have no discipline?

telling women what to wear does not address the problem.

this paternal system of society has to change. in zimbabwe as of a few years ago (ten may know if this has changed) it was consider a greater crime to steal another persons cattle then to rape a women.

as long as some try to control women because of how men may act, things for women will not improve and if things do not improve for women they really do not improve for any of us.

an injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 9:13:33 AM

lodidodidadidumda

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 11:02:51 AM

rask you chant up selassie I quite a bit and sound as if He is the example of how one must live -------BUT THEN

you write these post that are nothing like how HIM would respond.

can you imagine selassie I having a meeting and someone says something that strikes a negative cord with him ---- would he say "is someone talking to me?

then they say something that he really disagrees with and instead of addressing the person directly would he say sarcastically to the person next to him "did he say flunk them?"

and then someone addresses Him directly on an issue and would he respond by saying "lodidodidaumda".

next thing you are going to do is probably put your fingers in your ears and say over and over again "i can't hear you".

here is a truth rask --i'm on this site for a while and if you wish to communicate (i won't call what you are doing with I as reasonning)
with me the way you are, feel free; but i'm not going anywhere and you really do yourself an injustice.

anyone can communicate (or get along ) respectfully with people they like and agree with -- the difficulty and real key in life is can one do the same with those that maybe perceived as their enemies. there is no trick in being nice to your friends.

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 12:02:51 PM

I idren, plz do not stop the reasoning for this

As the police would say , Move along everyone, nothing to see here

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 6:18:15 PM

cool -- seen

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 7:50:17 PM

Ahhh, finally, cool

Give thanks still, I princess had much fun reading everything you have written about I here

thats all

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 8:12:02 PM

hey finally we have something in common --- my princess found your responses amusing as well. --lol-- who would have guessed?

respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/9/2007 9:05:29 PM

this man give i jokes, star. yeah, everyone hear you laughing

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/9/2007 9:22:44 PM

man i am glad to see the I enjoys i lighter side. i had not seen your sense of humor before but i too can hear you laugh as well. now we can move on in a positive direction.

much respect

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I