Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=121

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/13/2007 8:26:21 AM

embelishing your post????

is this "man" really right in the head.
what are you on, big man, are you sniffing something?

Atleast now i know one of the reasons why ppl complain about the education system in your country

Big up,

you remind me of a dog chasing its tail. is that why you call yourself still looking?

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 8:35:29 AM

ark i

i am only going to speak to the dress issue as that is really the only important part ---

if you have read the other post pertaining to women's dress you will see that i agree about a women who does so of her own free will.

i know there are women (of all religions) who enter into the religions knowing that the dress code is part of the deal. i have no problem with that other than it is the men who decide and have decided for thousands of years how a women should dress and my concern is that if some women do so own their own it is easier to keep the next group of women down ------ these women....

the hundreds of thousands of women that are controled by their men on what to wear. and this even spills outside of the relgious arena. i see and hear the stories in school of the girls who are being told what to wear from their boyfriends. they coming inot the relationship dressing one way (usually what help attract the guy), but the he no longer wishes her to dress that way. i bet their are rasta men that start dating non-rasta women who at some point try to convince them to dress differently.

why does this happen? --- because for thousands of years it has been acceptable for men to dictate the women's style of dress --- in my opinion as a father to 3 girls -- that needs to stop.

in k's opinion he feels that unless a women (maybe only rasta women, i'm not sure) gives up her jeans she has not left the world of men. I disagree strongly -- if she does give up her jeans she has entered the world of men.

my mother grew up in america when the religious influence still had a strong hold on how women should dress ---skirts below their knees and sweaters up to their necks -----my mother decided to start wearing jeanns -- when she made that choice did she enter into the world of men? No, she left it --- she decided who she wish to be.

yes -- i know there are degrees within rastafari on this issue. i take strong issue with the fundamentalist side because it is oppressive in nature.

now i do not wish to hear about "well it is their culture". so what. what does that mean? it is ok because it is their culture? No. as i said to you on another post that you may have missed --- slavery was part of america's "culture" should the abolishionist minded their own business? not in my opinion.

in or out of religion each individual person should have the freedom to choose their style of dress, and as long as women around the world are raped,tortured, or killed for what they are wearing i think it is important to speak up against even the slightest attempt by men to try to dictate their dress.

please, if i missed a part on this issue of your post that you feel you want addressed correct I.

the stuff between k and i i'll keep between us

respect

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 8:53:29 AM

"i bet their are rasta men that start dating non-rasta women who at some point try to convince them to dress differently."

just wondering....what grade level of students does One teach...?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/13/2007 8:56:27 AM

All I have to say is that in my previous post I showed you that both RasTafarI Man and Woman have a particular way they dress.

Actually I have one more thing to say,

you said,
-------------------------
now i do not wish to hear about "well it is their culture". so what. what does that mean? it is ok because it is their culture? No. as i said to you on another post that you may have missed --- slavery was part of america's "culture" should the abolishionist minded their own business? not in my opinion.
-------------------------

Slavery has nothing to do with RasTafarI Man and Woman wanting to dress a particular way.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Bredren Nicholas Sent: 8/13/2007 9:01:51 AM

this guy needs to go to bobo hill and humble up......NO attitude like that never gwan come into i Babas gates.....never!

Fiyah BUNN!!! RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/13/2007 9:08:05 AM

Can i tell the i them one thing, but keep it on the "hush hush" as they say
this "man" here actually thinks he is in someway making me mad or disrespecting me by calling i "K" and "special k" and all that foolishness
he doesnt even realize how glad it makes I not to see my real name coming out of his stinking mouth anymore
lol
what a thing iyah

Rastafari Bless

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 9:12:18 AM

high school (about 14 to 19 year olds). not all in the same class however.

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 9:15:44 AM

ark i.

it seems you missed the point --- by saying something is culture should not make it off limits to be questioned.

women couldn't vote at one point -- that was part of the "culture" then --- shouldn't it have been questioned as it was?

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/13/2007 9:16:55 AM

why?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/13/2007 9:17:10 AM

Hey big man, didnt you know the stinking stench you have left was enough on one post, you dont have to keep spreading iton a new post . we all smell it already

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I