Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=2052&start_row=61

?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 6:57:34 PM

Greetings honorable Empress, excuse i, you dont know i from nowhere, sorry to say this, but there is something wrong with your man, seriously. I have never seen someone so unwilling to see what is right in front him. I really hope you do not make the same mistake, because i can see that he thinks i will probably lose respect for you for wearing things like jeans, but nothing could be further from the truth. Just overstand that ini as Rastafari, have a world view in which all could be respected for who they are and not for what they wear or how they look and the quickest way to do this is to stop oneself from trying to earn respect for how they look and instead to earn their respect for who they are. We have a world vision in which every man and woman could follow the example of INI Father Selassie and Mother Menen, and ini will not apologise for holding to thier example. Notice, it is only your man who keeps talking about "forcing" and "dictating". But since he is so low as to come on the net and talk about his young daughter,let I ask you this, as a mother to a child,
when your daughter is of age, would you prefer her attracting the men who will think she has a nice shape, or a idk....whatever it is some men like,,,,a big butt, big breasts, idk....or would you like her to attract the kind of men, who will say, ok i cant really judge how she looks without clothes but i love her for who she is and thats all that matters

This is for you, Empress. I dont want to hear from anyone else
A lot of things i would like to add for you but i am tired of explaining what is so obvious...ppl talk about modesty and humility and your man talks about burlap sacks ....

Give thanks
Rastafari Love

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 8/10/2007 8:35:00 PM

Blessed, I apologize, what I meant to say before is that I briefly read a post but had to forward, but wanted to say how I felt. I want to Ispond to all the isponses.
Ras Kebre, give thanx for the words, although I don't need to hear it(cause I know iself), it is nice to hear sometimes, its soothing to I spirit. So many times, even today, I was told by him that I wear I garment because I'm a pretender and want to impress Rastas. First thing, I don't know any rastas in person here. I expect judgement from babylon but not within I gates. I still live with him for now, but moving out. It even came down to I should cut I locks for I yute and so forth. But, I am who I am and I rather walk the streets homeless then to bow down. N e wayz, give thanx for listening to I vent..
Still looking, give thanx for the words I want to Ispond to urs, but I have to re-read them. I don't like when I see angels fighting, I hope u can work through ur reasonments. I have to go so i want to itinue this I-sponse.
Oh, as for i princess, i want her to dress like I, but her father will prob. fight I. He buys her these skorts that are like pum pum(but he mostly buys shorts). U see how babylon make clothes for children these days? Padded training bras, thongs, but then when these girls have sex early they wanna turn aroudn and call them sluts. But look wat babylon teaching..judgement. I daughter is 8 and has a big butt already, so I can just imagine when she 18.
One more thing, I will not make this mistake again, I just didn't know any rastas to be with. But, if I ever get a king he will have to support I like Selassie and Menen, nothing else is accepted.
Give thanx!!!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/10/2007 9:11:44 PM

Bless the I sistren, the i dont know how good it does i soul to sight sistren like the I. Keep strong, love in Rastafari Empress Omega

Ises
Rastafari

Messenger: Selahssie i son Sent: 8/10/2007 10:09:36 PM

Lioness prophecy,Jah Rastafari will lead you by his right hand in the time to come beloved.I man a seek fe a queen who will love me the way Empress Menen Love Haile Selahssie I.And she have fe love the king of kings and queen of queens also with a clean and real heart.I man no want no whole heap a girls because that weaken many kings,I must find a queen who aint gon fight against me red,gold,green.Mee smoke Ganja so the queen who is to be,should not a problem with i smoking wisdom bush/Ganja.Women and men are equal in the eyes of Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/10/2007 10:20:33 PM

so rask, it is "low" for me to tell the board that my daughter (who is 26 if that is young to you) will not be pushed around by some man on how she should dress ( and i am proud to say that when she was a teen she still would have stood up for herself), -- just as prophecy has had to do with her man? (by the way i am not phrophecy's man though i like her as a person -- no offense prophecy).

my hope is that prophecy and my daughter are examples for how women should be strong.

notice -- i only addressed the portion of that post that was about i.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/10/2007 11:44:24 PM

Do you really think that Ras KebreAB was calling you low for what you claim in this sentence:
------------------------
it is "low" for me to tell the board that my daughter (who is 26 if that is young to you) will not be pushed around by some man on how she should dress ( and i am proud to say that when she was a teen she still would have stood up for herself)
------------------------

I can't stand when people manipulate with words to try to "win" a debate, through their "cunning" (or should I say conning) debating style. I and I desire truth, not winning debates. You should check my post on reasoning sometime.

I very much doubt that you actually think that Ras KebreAB was calling you low for what you claim in the quote above. But that is a conning debating tactic to shift the focus away from truth. In some ways similar to your conning debating tactic to make it look like Ras KebreAB thinks that woman should dress modestly because men can't handle themselves, when he never made that claim. And you made several attempts to use that con to divert the focus from the truth.

And just as Ras KebreAB knew that you started this post mainly as a reaction to him, I also know that you did. I and I are not blind so don't act like we are.

Like I said I can't stand when people manipulate with their words like you do, and say just enough to spark the person they are talking about, but not quite enough to show definite proof that you are talking about them. That and all the other conning tactics you and people like you use.

You notice that in this post there can be no denying of who I am talking about. This is the way of a Man, direct and honest.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/11/2007 4:42:20 AM

Ises I, Ark I

Seriously, if there is one thing i will take with i from these recent posts it is knowing that when a person is unwilling to listen, you can fire off a gun next to his head and he wont hear it.
No matter what the I say, he will not take your words for what they mean , but for what they mean to him
Did the I sight what he said about i in the last post?

"you on the other hand are not discussing how you or males should dress, but how you feel women should dress and you feel qualified to then make a judgement about them if they do not dress as you feel they should

after i already said, to I sistren Ten a while ago
"before i rise your temper again lol, i just want to say, i burn the same fire on men who wear clothes to accentuate their body parts, be it their chest ot whatever,"

but that just went over his head, why? its not because he did not see it, he just doesnt want to see it

I mean check it for real, concerning this whole issue about dress, i have been reasoning with the blessed sistren them all the while, from the start
How is it that not one of them found i words to be offensive or somehow "controlling" of Women, and yet this "man" finds i words so offensive?
How is it Sistren Ten could be so moved by I words as to say that my ideas are more progressive than some others she has reasoned with, and yet still, this "man" finds i words to be so sexist and dictating?

But what i wanted to say to the I Ark I, is let it be. I have let it go already. I was wrath for a while but i humility has overcome it. He can say whatever he wants from now on. All that matters to i is that those that InI love and respect do not lose their love and respect for INI. That is why i gave it up to the judgement of all righteous idren here, because ini never afraid of being corrected.
" I and I are not blind so don't act like we are." Thats all i wished to hear, that will do for I, that will do very nicely

Give thanks in HIS Name
Holy I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI
Bless

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/11/2007 7:28:59 AM

Ark I -- here are his words again ... (Note -- i will use capital letters only to stress the point not as shouting)

"But since he is so low as to come on the net and talk about his young daughter"

am i reading that wrong? doesn't he say that "SINCE HE IS SO LOW AS TO COME ON THE NET AND TALK ABOUT HIS DAUGHTER"?

if i were to now say directed to you for example.... "You are so low as to come on the net and defend this man that hurls childish insults" haven't i just called you low? (now i am only saying this as an example -- by no means do i mean it)

honestly, forgive me if i misinterpreted rask's words in your opinion, buut it sure looks as if he called me low. now maybe i could tend to agree with you if in the past he hasn't called i ignorant, stupid , and an idiot -- but he has and since he now has a track record for such things it tends to make the "low" statement look more like an insult than anything else.

you said

"to make it look like Ras KebreAB thinks that woman should dress modestly because men can't handle themselves, when he never made that claim."

really --- what is he saying here?

if a every righteous man is trying his hardest to keep from crumbling to his weakness and commit sin like adultry,trying his best to resist temptation, trying to keep to one woman as I Father taught......then shouldnt every righteous woman,in realising the power she holds over man, try her best to help keep manīs mind clear and clean, to help him resist temptation,

"TO KEEP FROM CRUMBLING TO HIS WEAKNESS....."

maybe it is just me but it sure sounds like he doesn't think men can handle themselves unless the women dress in dresses that hide their body.

you said:
"And just as Ras KebreAB knew that you started this post mainly as a reaction to him, I also know that you did. I and I are not blind so don't act like we are."

i made this post in reaction to a veiw that i noticed that some on the board had ---- he is not the only one who holds that view --- and instead of trying to list all of the names and risk making a mistake as i did once months ago -- i left it as a generic so it could be discussed by anybody.

now if the shoe fit some more than others and made them uncomfortable what does that say?

now let us get back to the issue:

on my last post to you i asked you questions about some muslim women and how they have to dress (only eyes showing) and what you think of that. I have yet to hear your answer.

also a couple other questions.

don't you see it as a double standard that it is only discussed how women should cover up and not men?

how many men do you think would like to have the roles reversed by having the women decide their dress code for them? would you like your women to pressure you to dress a certain way?

you said that i should not go after another persons culture... wasn't it the cultrure in america for years to have slaves? should the abolishionist not have questioned that part of the culture?

you know ONE of the catch phrases of rasta that caught me years ago was EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE but it appears that it is being used similar to the phrase in early america "EVERY MAN HAS THE RIGHT TO LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS." back in the day it only refered to WHITE MEN.

on this board at least it seems that EQUAL RIGHTS AND JUSTICE is only for the men.

because there is not a man on this board that would want his women to tell/force/manipulate/dictate/or strongly suggest how he should dress.

You can't stand when people manipulate words ( i'm only using the words i am given) ---you know what i can't stand --- when politricksters dance around issues and don't answer the questions.

I am not trying to WIN a debate -- we are talking about women being given the same rights as men.

if you want to see that as winning a debate then fine, but i know i am in good company as mandela was trying to "win" his debate and the abolishionist were trying to "win" theirs.

respect

Messenger: still looking Sent: 8/11/2007 7:51:52 AM

Respect Ark I

finally ark, these problems may come again if rask cannot let go of the past (or even the ones that occurred now) disagreement that we had.

the only way things will go smooth is if i do not respond to him, but this is a reasoning board.
if it is an issue that concerns i, i will share a view.

the issue months ago that was personal to him was also personal to me ---but i am not going to hold on to it however --- it is a new day and life is short.

honestly if a new thread started on some other issue today -- i could be on the same side as rask ---- i get the feeling that he could not do that (though i hope i am wrong)

i know he will read this post, but maybe he will reason with you on this issue of how to move on after having a disagreement.

anyhow

much respect

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 8/11/2007 8:12:19 AM

Ark I :-
"I very much doubt that you actually think that Ras KebreAB was calling you low for what you claim in the quote above."

"still looking" confused :-
" honestly, forgive me if i misinterpreted rask's words in your opinion, buut it sure looks as if he called me low "

The i see it iyah, the i see it?
Alright

Blessed be
Rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 156

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I