Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=101

Caucasians becoming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/9/2015 9:29:42 PM

This post is of special interest to I. I am a 'white' man. I follow and love Jah Ras Tafari. When the truth called there was no other option than acceptance. Same as when I met the woman that I love. I have gone through a bit of tribulations (mostly from family) since throwing away the comb and picking up Ras Tafari. I have received some hate (mostly from her friends) for being in a loving relationship with a 'black' woman. I feel that these 'issues' are some of I life's struggle for justice and freedom. Do I not have the right to worship JAH just because HIM come 'black' and HIM made I 'white'? Does LOVE not transcend all boundaries? Selassie I come to great downpression : rule equality. Selassie I wipe away transgression : set the captives free. In IandI humble opinion, working with racial miscegenation is allowing PERPETUAL SEPERATION a foothold. If 'mixing' the 'races' was forbidden.. then please explain the existence of brother Nesta Robert Marley and his Idren.
ONE KING, ONE PEOPLE, ONE LOVE.
JAH RAS TAFARI!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/9/2015 11:32:09 PM

They say cultural/philosophical association/appropriation. I say truth acceptance. All people are ORIGINally AFRICAN! All true human struggle for freedom is done for the cause of uplifting Mother Africa.

Inside has provide I with knowledge and wisdom. I posses an eternal opposition to this babylon system. For it is one of mental and spiritual degradation. Working with CONfusion, ILLusion and separation. Humanity, loose vanity. New sanity, truth standing free. All has been revealed. The Conquering Lion Of The Tribe Of Judah hath prevailed.

It is very true that the evil-doers of european colonial society have created a technologically globalized, artificial reality. It can only operate as long as the people it preys upon don't know that it is happening. The elitists are parasites. They infect with mental and spiritual poison, sadly it spreads. Still this is no excuse for ignorance and those participating will reap the same. Looking inside the self is the fastest and most pure access to the truth. Truth shall set you free. An introspective approach to spirituality is how I came to know Jah. I had heard some of Bob Marley's music and I had tried ganja a time or two. What I am saying is that I did not look out to the world to show I what I 'vibed' with. I stripped all preconceived notions of reality (having been raised in Kansas) and dealt with I base self. The spark of life that ignites I body with life showed I Jah. First came the locks, all natural and growing strong! Later, through the natural mystic of the ganja consciousness/experience, I improve knowledge and action. Haile Selassie I is I light and life. Nothing and noone can break the eternal vow I have made to Jah. To possess eternal hostility to all forms of hate and downpression. To bring Peace, Love and Inity to all Africans for all Africa. No artificial appropriation. ALL humanity is derived from and Itinually representing AFRICA!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2015 12:06:25 PM

They say cultural/philosophical association/appropriation. I say truth acceptance. All people are ORIGINally AFRICAN! All true human struggle for freedom is done for the cause of uplifting Mother Africa.

^
This is the problem. We cannot all identify as African. Firstly I would say, all evidence points to the White Man as we know today, being first created or mutated in the Asian-European areas. Not what one would label as Africa. Those people in that area ever since that OOA separation have had a culture history and identity exclusive to ourselves. An exclusive experience. Genetically represented by the mitochondria haplogroups A B and E . Focusing on more recent times, the corruption of the White supremacist system is something I see you identify and all praises for it. But overstand, our black experience in this Iwa is somewhat and necessarily unique to ourselves. You cannot put yourself into that label, just as you cannot call yourself a woman and say we all came from women as your argument. Same goes for the experience of being white, see the reasoning we had on white privilege. Your mother and your father have a family history Whe go way back, it may not lead you into Africa. If you want to read the bible and live by Levitical Torah law and leave peacefully with man and nature, do so; in a way which can manifest itself in a culture which is indigenous or representative of YOU. But make no mistake; Rastafari is black love black upliftment and black liberation. I've seen it. Finally, if I am mistaken, I can't see any mistake in the words of His Majesty... Who clearly defined what an African is, and our mission

Black redemption is Rastafari
We Africans will fight

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 2/10/2015 2:24:57 PM

If you feel and know that you are RasTaFarI,then I-tinue to trod on the path wich your heart is telling you to follow.But also keep in mind the things like GA sais.Not all human beings are Africans.Ones must know and I-verstand themselves and accept their own roots.And HIM clearly speaks of the liberation of the African continent and people from mental and physical slavery.Of course HIM also speaks of the liberation of all mankind and the current state of the world and I-manity in general.But Africans have suffered the most in slavery and still continue to be robbed by the white supremacy system.This must be I-verstood before making a claim that all people are africans,the great sufferation of black people and the breaking of all chains by the black king RasTaFarI.

A white skin man can have a black heart and sight JAH RasTafarI.
As Bobos say: "A man with white skin and a black heart is better than a man with black skin and a white heart."

But the thing is,there are many white people who misunderstand RasTa and don't hail the king at all or hail HIM in a vain way and claim they are RasTa.There may also be such people among Africans but it is much more disrespectful when white people are Imposters because RasTafarI is about Black redemption and liberation from white supremacy,and these people often still carry the arrogant white supremacy mindset and vybes.

But as I've said,there are real and humble RasTafarI with white skin who do sight His Majesty in truth.Aslo if ones are looking for 'acceptance' or "permission' to trod RasTafarI from other people,it means ones are already doubting if this is the right path for them.

Just I-man I-pinion

Hail up JAH RasTafarI
Empress Menen I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/10/2015 6:50:42 PM

The ORIGINal people which all humanity is from. Adam and Eve. African.
But since I am white somehow I have no connection to the common ancestors to all humanity. yep. got I there. See because this flesh is white I have zero percent chance of salvation. Because of this flesh I am eternally damned and condemned. GARVEYS AFRICA has shown the way and the light! He says "..the corruption of the White supremacist system is something I see you identify and all praises for it." White means devil praises apparently. Even though in the comments I posted previously I completely destroy this, I am forever discredited for the skin/body/house I was put in. Thank you for this upmost wisdom GARVEYS AFRICA. I will be sure to spread this as all white people are completely the devil and need to be eradicated. nice. One Love and Equality sure run through GA's veins.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2015 6:58:57 PM

The original people were black. I still don't see your point. Culture is not a myth. Neither is common shared history and ancestry. If you define yourself as an African thats fine, but Rastafari deal with Garveys Africans. When Haile Selassie referred to Africans, himself included in his many speeches; please tell us whether he was talking about you and yours?

The topic of Caucasian Rastas has now evolved (once again) into white people are africans....

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/10/2015 7:01:50 PM

I define Iself as a being of light that has been placed inside of a body that i could not choose. All life is from Jah, all life has the right to know and love Jah.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2015 7:04:09 PM

I agree.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2015 7:06:10 PM

And that love of 'Jah' people manifest in many different ways.

Black people have created an African redemptive manifestation of this love you talk about, in response to their experience with white supremacy. RastafarI.

How you choose to manifest that love is up to you...

Shiva made a point about there being various other spiritually similar practices to Rastafari, outside of the African perspective

Bless up

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/10/2015 7:21:56 PM

Personally I am disgusted at the crimes white supremacy has committed. This white privilege is giving white people a leg up in a system that is meant to destroy. So with that, is it really beneficial to receive this white privilege? I have made the decision to drive the mentality of racial supremacy and separation far out of I life. Many people still adhere to this and you know this. That is why Selassie set the record straight when he say ..That until the color of a mans skin is no more significant than his eyes.. The dream of lasting peace and world citizenship shall remain a fleeting illusion to be pursued but never attained.. In I opinion, Selassie is most high above race. So as the scripture say H.I.M is Christ in his Kingly character, I must emulate. I do not pretend to be black or African in the more modern since but i am human. And as far as i have learned humanity begin in what is called Africa. And as far as racial supremacy goes, how do you feel about the black man named Nimrod who ran the original tower of Baybel?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I