Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=141

Caucasians becoming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/13/2015 8:23:07 PM

Hemphill

It is not my wish to tell you what you can or cannot do, that is for the I to decide. My intention here is only to inform you of how your decision might be perceived by others. I encourage you to pursue whatever path inspires you.

You asked if it is acceptable for white people to have their own group which draws from Rastafari but goes by a different name. I would say that as long as the I is careful about the issue of appropriation this would be great. I would say to look to your own ancestry, your own past instead of Africa. There is much cultural richness there that would be a shame to disregard. You have every right to explore your heritage and tread the path of self discovery. Do not be ashamed for I color of the skin. Do not run away from who you are, but use your Reason and your heart to lift the I's people up so that they might see their own actions clearly. Embrace Iself! Lift Iself up!

I am all for the idea of not adhering to strict religious institutions and instead drawing bits of wisdom that are relevant to the I. I identify myself as a Kashmir Shaivite, which is a sect of Hinduism. I draw from many other traditions to inform my practice, including Rastafari. I would encourage the I to follow what you feel is right, and if you are genuine than your own Livity will arise spontaneously and organically. I see nothing wrong with this approach.

This said, it is not up to I to tell you what is wrong and what is right. I am no expert, I can only make decisions and decide what is right for Iself.

I appreciate your openness and sincerity. I can see that you have a kind heart.

Praise and Thanks to the Almighty
JAH Rastafari

One Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/13/2015 10:00:27 PM

^ShivaJiva:

Knowledge.

This is a huge reason why I am so drawn to Ras Tafari (the man and movement). The people directly in Ras Tafari as well as those closely associated have THE most knowledge and wisdom I have found in IandI search of divinity. Dealing with the present moment and working for the future!

I have studied Hare Krishna and I appreciate most Buddhist aspects of divinity. Yet neither of these structures acknowledge specifically Haile Selassie I.

I really do appreciate the kind words.
Now I am able to further see how IandI decisions/actions are perceived by others. I never had the intention of 'claiming' Ras Tafari. Yet from the perspective of asserting oneself I can see how it is unwelcome; consequently perpetuating stereotypes and bringing about further separation. This being said, I REFUSE to lay down IandI faith in and of the TRUTH of His Imperial Majesty Qedamawi Haile Selassie. So maybe I dont specifically call Iself Ras Tafari anymore. When people ask[they do ask]I say I follow the Word of the Christened Haile Selassie I. Personally I try not to work with labeling oneself but when constantly asked 'what I am' it can be nice to be able to use a label.

I can see that Black African Ras Tafari must be THE Identity of black people.
For good reason it is tough/impossible to trust the 'white man'. Please know that a lot of white people LOVE the world and all good things. Africa is Ital to the survIval of humanity and I personally want to help restore the prestige[not a lot of white people want to do that]. I am very humbled at the fact that many Black African Ras Tafari have kindly reasoned with I when it may have been much easier to completely reject and bring 'FIYAH' to I.

ShivaJiva: I dont deny IandI heritage. I love I family.

Again, thank you.

Infinite growth and Praises to Jah!

Messenger: Darius Sent: 2/16/2015 2:20:57 PM

I am Caucasion (Irish) and Rastafari. God loves all of us, blessings and His mercy.

In H.I.M Haile Selassie I,

Mirza Yusuf "Darius" Husayn Ali

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2015 2:29:07 PM

Darius, did you read the 142 responses before hand? Or at least the last page or so to get the jist of whats been said? Try and come into this reasoning above entry level page 1

Nonetheless, give thankhs

Messenger: Darius Sent: 2/16/2015 2:35:57 PM

Yes, I was just going my own input being a Caucasion Rasta.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 7:54:31 PM

Mirza Yusuf "Darius" Husayn Ali:
I know where you are coming from, Truly. You are called by H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Sellassie and you want to follow this Man and his teachings. When looking out to the world, there is but ONE group that fully acknowledges Qedamawi Haile Sellassie. This group is known as "Ras Tafari" so it is natural that you want to be apart of and be called a Ras Tafari.
As I have said, this TITLE is a BIRTH-RIGHT name for the Africans whom have had their TITLE taken from them. If Black people want this name for themselves; then so be it. We know that the WORD is ETERNAL and ALL people who seek JAH shall receive H.I.M..
Let Black people have their NAME. If it is imperative that you be 'called' something, use what I came up with: A follower of the Christened Qedamawi Haile Sellassie.

Bless up
One Love!

Messenger: Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali Sent: 2/16/2015 8:44:52 PM

Rastafari is the name of Haile Selassie I, it is not a black name, it is His name. Going back to Africa is something all humans strive for, Africa is scientifically the birthplace of mankind, did you know that? So, Rastafari is going back to our motherland. Not blacks going back to Africa, Arabs going back to the East, Whites going back to the West. No, it is about HUMANS going back to our MOTHERLAND, AFRICA.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 9:53:25 PM

Every person living in one continent or every person returned in unity of spiritual ZION?

Messenger: Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali Sent: 2/16/2015 10:06:10 PM

They should yes, but not every human will.

Jah bless,

Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 10:25:07 PM

Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali:
You asked if I knew that the origin of all humanity is Africa.

Yes I.

Did you read the first post on the topic titled: Role of Caucasians acknowledging Qedamawi Haile Sellassie?

-------------------
-------------------

I have to tell you brother, all is revealed in scripture. All nations shall kneel before H.I.M.
The curse has not been fully lifted. African 'Black' people have not yet been fully redeemed. Until that day, the African Continent shall not know peace.
If even 1 of the African 'Black' people need to have the name of 'Ras Tafari' as THEIR OWN African Identity to feel redeemed then it needs to be so. By the way, there are a whole heap of black people who dont like 'white rasta'.

I have come to know this.

I do not step down in any spiritual acknowledgments that I hold in H.I.M. Qedamawi Haile Sellassie.
If it is better at the moment for the ENTIRE movement to not call Iself a Ras Tafari then hands down I do it..
You may not see it this way and you are entitled to your own. Just know that many people see it a lot differently..

Always Grow
Bless UP!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I