Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=151

Caucasians becoming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ShivaJiva Sent: 2/16/2015 10:25:42 PM

Your people were not stolen out of Africa. You are not entitled to Africa. The people who developed cultures and built civilizations in Africa were black, make no mistake about that. Africa has always been a black continent.

Your people are from Europe. It makes about as much sense for a white person to claim the right to repatriate to Africa as it makes for I to try to repatriate to the ocean, where we all scientifically originated as single celled organisms...I am not going to claim that I am a fish simply because at one point my distant distant distant distant ancestors migrated out of the ocean. I am very clearly not a fish. There are measurable and identifiable differences between me and fish or a single celled organism. You are white; you are not black. You are not African.

This is what I speak of when I mention entitlement. Africa and her people are black. Worldwide, all black people have direct ties to Africa. Their direct ancestors were STOLEN from their homes. This is recent history...only a few short generations ago. Black people still carry this trauma with them.

What do you think it was that justified the colonization of Africa in the minds of the white colonizers? A divine sense of entitlement, perhaps...?

If the I wants to live a life immersed in nature, rejecting Babylon, pursuing union with Jah, and developing their own Livity while connecting their own cultural roots that is one thing. Please do not claim Africa for Iself. She cannot support the whole world.

Africa for the Africans, are these not the words of Garvey himself? Is this not the most fundamental teaching of Rastafari?

Messenger: Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali Sent: 2/16/2015 11:30:47 PM

Greetings,

I did not claim I was black, I was simply saying that all humans should return to Africa since it is the holy land. Emphasis on holy land where H.I.M Haile Selassie I set foot.

Blessings,

Mirza Yusuf Husayn Ali

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2015 11:48:25 PM

One Continent cannot hold all of Humanity. Especially after what colonial society has done to Africa..

Again, look to scripture to affirm with knowledge what you feel..

Psalm 72:11 "Yes, all kings shall fall down before him: all nations shall serve him."

All Nation(S) shall serve H.I.M.

In and of the WORD we are ALL ONE[JAH's Children] and need to SPIRITUALLY[Self Livity] return to ZION. Yes I, very wise to do so.

The people who left Africa over the Caucasus mountains searching for a new home CHOSE to leave Africa....
The African repatriation is for AFRICANS who have been STOLEN from AFRICA..

Bless Up
One Love

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/17/2015 3:04:59 AM

Dear everyone,

My understanding of it all (to sum it all up):

At first when people expressed the view that, in their opinion, white people cannot be rasta, white people including myself thought "It is wrong to deny someone the right to learn from HIM, take HIM as the fulfilled prophecy of prophecy of when MG said "Look to africa", reject babylon, the culture which unfortunately many people reading this may have been brought up in (as surely they don't want us to go and "join" babylon), live immersed in nature, pursuing union with JAH, and knowing ones self spiritually through devleoping ones self livity".

However, to my understanding of it, no one on this forums wishes to deny any white person the right to do these things as stated before, to know Iself spiritually for example. There was much confusion over this, as people assumed that saying a white man cannot be rasta means that they want to refuse him the right to do these things, to know himself, etc.

The only thing that, in the opinion of the people here, they do not want white people to have is the label "Rasta", due to the fact that this is SPECIFIC to those who, in recent history, have been stolen from Africa, denied of the birthright to have a surname etc.

And I think that is fair enough, even for truly "serious" white people who follow Rasta, (but not call themselves it) who wish to help black people reparate to Africa.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that, I do still burn the idea that all white man are evil. For example, if this were true, why would Hemphill, a white person, actively step down in labelling himself "rasta" for the greater good of Rasta people??

Are we all agreed that not every white man that ever has lived, is ever living, and ever will live is evil? And therefore it would be wrong to pass judgement purely based on the skin colour?

------------------------------------

As said before, if a white person comes in and changes the definition of Rasta as a black political movement, this is a different thing.

But, is it agreed that every white man living in the world is not evil? If anyone wishes to disagree with this and say that all are, then why would Hemphill step down for the greater good of the Rasta movement?

------------------------------------

Please tell me if you think this is a fair summary of the whole discussion,

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2015 6:45:15 AM

Fair enough Joe but also the issue of white repatriation to Africa. But good summary. Continue fight gainst wickedness and take a stand in this shitstem

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 2/17/2015 1:00:52 PM

Been awhile since I've been here but I too came here as a white man with interest in the ideas and ideals of the Rasta people. What I came to understand is this, it is a culture and philosophy to empower those so long oppressed. We as white people can endorse the beliefs, follow the lifestyle, show love to the Rasta. However, and this goes for all colors, if you aren't building the strength and independence of people of African origin then you aren't Rasta, and I believe it impossible for those of non-African descent to strengthen African independence. Make of this what you will, I am but one man, but I will say RasTafarI started me on a search through which I have gained knowledge of self. 1ove

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 2/17/2015 1:20:07 PM

Thank you Path Walker.

I just saw this on youtube, and just thought I would share this. But just to emphasize that this is only one example of someone who claims to be rasta, and I can see, how, in this particular example, they take the defintion of rasta, and twist it into as the child says "being nice to each other". Not to say that rasta people aren't nice to each other, but that is not what makes one rastafari...

In my opinion, this is a good example of cultural appropriation;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml7T5eqVRYQ

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 2/17/2015 8:54:15 PM

Humble one:
Very true.
This is not a good example of Ras Tafari..
Maybe thats why babylon T.V show use it.. I find it interesting why they couldnt find a black Ras Tafari famiy for the show, surely there are many more.. Maybe black families denied the cameras access...

Ras Tafari people especislly, as well as all those acknowledging Qedamawi Haile Sellassie are the biggest fear of the system.
The light of truth cuts through the darkness of lies..
What Bob say? "All you see a gwan, is to fight against the Rastaman, So they build their world in great confusion.. to force in us the devils illusion"

Everyone on this forum has cut through many of the systems illusions. Reasoning as to work towards forward solutions based in knowledge and TRUTH!

Wisdom and Growth
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/18/2015 6:47:07 AM

Look at the comments for that video

Lol, very telling

Messenger: Empress Blogger Sent: 3/24/2015 2:27:17 PM

Let me settle this. Being Rasta and thinking that you are Rasta are two differnt things. Rasta knows what it means to be Rasta, right down the things that are secretly written on our hearts. Then there are those who want to say they are Rastafari. Do they really know what it means? Do they think it looks cool...it not only about praising his imperial Majesty. There is a component to Rastafari that is about Sufferation. Understanding it and doing what you can as a Rastafari to help. Rastafari is not dreadlocks and red yellow and green. Rastafari is about Jah, and his plan to guide "his people" into Zion.
There is a lot of people who say they want to be Rasta, then when a real Rasta break down the truth for them, they don't want to hear it. Rastafari is not for everybody, regardless is they are black or if they are white. So, check and learn the truth then decide if its right for you. Read this Rastafari Beliefs and Principles ebook to learn more.

Blessed Love.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I