Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=81

Caucasians becoming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 1:15:45 PM

Blessed love,

Lots of good reasoning here. RasTafarI is international, worldwide. There are African rastas, Asian rastas, European rastas, North and South American rastas; RasTafarI stretching out to all four corners of the Earth. I say it is a blessing; as all the peoples of Earth are giving thanks and praises to JAH RasTafarI. All the hues of the HUEmans, gathering around JAH throne, chanting down babylon; truly a rainbow circle surrounding JAH throne.

I have questions for the ones asking Caucasians why them choose to be, or to follow RasTafarI. I questions are, "what other choice is there?" Truly Haile Selassie is the King of kings and Lord of lords. And "is not Haile Selassie then the King and Lord of the Caucasians also, and all the peoples of the world?"

The King of the Caucasian kings and Lord of the Caucasian lords. I am Latino, and for I, there is no other choice than H.I.M. for HE is JAH. Haile Selassie I fought for Africa, H.I.M. also fight for all peoples; as HE did so in the League of Nations and the United Nations. Haile Selassie I said we need to become members of a new race and do away with the terms "white" and "black" that separate I and I, when truly we are all JAH's people.

There will never be peace on Earth as long as Africa suffers. Nor will there be peace on Earth if in any part of the world there is downpression, slavery, suffering, etc. For we are one world, one Earth, and one family. RasTafarI are needed worldwide, to raise up the world wide, to remove the downpressors, and to establish/re-establish One Love.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 1/16/2015 2:45:21 PM

What is Latino? Are U Afro-Latino, Euro-Latino, Native Indio-Latino or a Combination!

If we need to do way with Black n White why label yourself Latino?

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 3:19:55 PM

"If we need to do way with Black n White why label yourself Latino?"

True, why label Iself Latino? Making such distinctions is well rooted in peoples thoughts and language. This is where, in time, becoming members of a new race will help to eradicate such distinctions.

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 5:44:29 PM

I said "Making such distinctions is well rooted in peoples thoughts and language"

I'd rather say that such distinctions have been "ingrained" into peoples thoughts and language.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/16/2015 6:04:34 PM

Marcelo,

HIM doesn't mean that by becoming members of a new race ones should forget their roots,culture and origin but rather that people will overcome racial discrimination in a wicked form in relation to these things and become greater and overcome prejudice.People don't have to forget their roots and origin in order to stop hatred and wars and become a new race,to see it that way is a misunderstanding.

Looking at black,white and Latino,the first two are colors and the latter is descent/origin.So it's not quite the same thing.

BlESSED

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 1/16/2015 7:38:33 PM

Yo Marcelo do Latinos consider Black Spanish speaker Latino?
Ain't French a Latin language also, so would those Haitian Africans be Latino also?
Or does Latino not have anything to do with Latin?

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 10:49:48 PM

Ras Nate,

I never made such a claim nor did I suggest that HIM said one should forget their roots, culture, an origin to become members of a new race.

I claimed that HIM said that we need to become members of a new race and do away with the terms "white" and "black" that separate I and I, when truly we are all JAH's people.

I made this claim from what Haile Selassie I said "I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be."
Also from HIM saying "And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community"

You said "Looking at black,white and Latino,the first two are colors and the latter is descent/origin.So it's not quite the same thing."

From what HIM is saying, I think the term Latino fits as HIM speaks of color, race, creed and national origin; HIM not just talking black and white and in terms of color.

Bless

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/16/2015 10:57:51 PM

VoodooRuutz,

Blessed love. The peoples of Latin America are Latino/Latina. Those living in or who's family comes from Mexico, Central America, and South America.

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 1/17/2015 12:25:31 AM

Yes King.I said what I said because the I compared Latino to "black and white" wich HIM said should be eliminated,as if to put the three terms in the same category.And as I said Latino is something else,it's a descent/origin and HIM didn't say to eliminate that.HIM still spoke of Africans and ancient history of HIM people.Seen..

BLESSINGS

Messenger: Marcelo León Sent: 1/17/2015 1:04:43 AM

Ras Nate,

Blessed love. The I is taking what I said out of context. I had not compared Latino to Black and White, I only mentioned that I was Latino in I first post.

VoodooRuutz asked I "If we need to do way with Black n White why label yourself Latino?"

And I responded to his question with "True, why label Iself Latino? Making such distinctions is well rooted in peoples thoughts and language. This is where, in time, becoming members of a new race will help to eradicate such distinctions."

I sight your reasoning now Iyah, from I response to VoodooRuutz

Raspect

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I