Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5914&start_row=1

Caucasians becoming rastafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 166
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Komonunankh Sent: 12/9/2014 11:15:12 PM

From what I've read on other sites, many people don't think white people should try and adopt this culture. I just got interested in Rastafari culture, but I'm white so I don't know how to approach it. I can understand if African-Americans don't want white people to use there culture, especially because most white people haven't faced much descrimination in the past, but the basic ideas of equality and peace seem like a very attractive way of living. I'm sorry if I got anything wrong about your culture, but I'd like to learn more about it. I also read one post that said white people should not generally become rasta because they only take the culture and don't give anything back, and I understand this, so I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas of how white people can help end oppression or inequality among different skin colors.
Thanks
PS - I read that saying Rastafarian is discouraged, so I'm not really sure to use rastafari or rasta

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/10/2014 8:14:20 AM

Greetings
All have a right to be Rastafari. Rastafari livity is fron iration an no man can claim full right to be Rasta more than the other. Wise up, I&I are the same within, just shades and colours.
Blessings

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/10/2014 8:15:06 AM

Welcome, and One Love,
Is the I Komonunankh a brethren or a sistren?
And where is the I geographically located?
(...Iwombman currently in San Diego, CA.)

In RASponse to these questions:
Give thanks for asking these questions.
I reserve any words about skin color. Also, I do not feel that I can make a judgment on another person's label or identity, especially not a person that I have yet to meet.
Furthermore, seems that the I has done some research, but still have more to learn about what RasTafarI is all about.
Equality and peace are a MUST and all people, whether calling selves RASTA or not, should trod these paths. But RasTa is about more than that, otherwise Buddhists would be RasTa also, correct?
So K-ankh, what is RasTa about, other than peace and equality?
What is it about RasTa that make the I think about "becoming"? Because people don't say "I'm thinking about becoming a peaceful, egalitarian person, but I'm not sure," so obviously RasTafarI is more.

In all of the personal Identity seeking, please remember that Ras Tafari is a person - the King of Kings, Moah Anbesa - Qedamawi Hayle Selasie. If a person wanna "become RasTafarI", one must start here, studying His Imperial Majesty.

Ma'at, guidance. Iyest love.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/10/2014 8:18:31 AM

Also, ones and ones (all ones) can feel free to email Iwombman with personal questions, if the forum is too public or if the I want guidance in that less public way.
amanda.elaine.burton@gmail.com
Bless JAH.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/10/2014 8:27:03 AM

Greetings Iyah JK Wango, give Ises.

Messenger: Komonunankh Sent: 12/10/2014 10:19:16 AM

Thanks for the help. I'm a male and I live in Wisconsin. I think I have I'll try and learn more about Rastafari. One reason I am interested in it is because it seems there is more of a sense of communtiy among Rastafari, but I'm not sure if that's a big part of it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/10/2014 5:08:06 PM

What the Queen is getting at is what is it specifically whe make you choose this website with this question pertaining to Rastafari?

'Peace and equality' like already mentioned isn't specific to Rastafari. What was the appeal ina RASTA?

What did you mean when you said you can overs if 'African-Americans' don't want white man to take their culture? What is their culture?

Messenger: JK Wango Sent: 12/11/2014 7:47:41 AM

Greeting Queen JAH Child.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 12/12/2014 12:56:39 PM

Rasta is a Black Movemant and not a religion where you have to believe H.I.M is God.

Rasta is about Blackness,Black King,Black Queen,Black Consciousness,Black Afrika,Black Supremacy.

Marcus I seh Race 1st,so will it be Race 1st if a white man claim black king as him god or black consciousness???

Low self esteem is another thing Rasta burn in a fyah,why not be proud of yourSELF and claim what is yours?

Afrika for Afrikans
Europe for Europeans
India for Indians

Selassie I for Afrikans
Jesus for Europeans
Muhamed for Arabs
Buddha for Chinese
Shiva for Indians

Each man under him own fig tree

Messenger: Abi Sent: 12/12/2014 8:19:37 PM

And where for the Jew?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100