Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=81

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/25/2016 11:32:01 AM

LOL GARVEYS!

Ya might say InI are "chefs" inna di "reasoning kitchen", keeping a nice pot ah Ital stew simmering, full ah goodness and spices!

Big up all di chefs in here sharing their culinary delights inna di place!

HOTTAH FIYAH

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 11:39:12 AM

At least interesting...

As far as the gravity moving everything, that would mean that the upper atmosphere is moving slower than the ground level. Wouldnt it also mean that all wind would move in one direction? How could a slight breeze blow in the opposite direction everything is moving?

I dont know how many times I have to say this.. BUT THIS IS NOT MY THEORY! I never started it or profess it as fact! I am just looking into it with an open mind.. Never reject new information until thorough research is done. .

What about NUT and GEB? I ask several times now...

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 11:50:30 AM

But wind doesnt flow in one direction....

Heres the physics explanation:

"The atmosphere rotates along with the Earth for the same reason you do.

Force isn't needed to make something go. That's a basic law of physics - that a thing that's moving will just keep moving if there's no force on it.

Force is needed either to make something change its speed, or to make its motion point in a new direction. A force can do both or just one of these. Most forces do both, but a force that pushes in the exactly the same direction you're already going only changes your speed, and does not change your direction. A force that pushes at a right angle to the direction you're already going only changes your direction, and does not add any speed. A force at "10 o'clock", for example, will change both your speed and your direction.

As you stand still on Earth, you continue going the same speed, but your direction changes; between day and night you move opposite directions. So the forces on you must be at a right angle to your direction of motion. Indeed, they are. Your motion is from west to east along the surface of the Earth, and the force of gravity pulls you down towards the center of the Earth - the force and your motion are at right angles. Similarly for the atmosphere. It is moving along with the Earth, and moving at a constant speed. It does not need anything to push it along with the Earth. Since only its direction of motion is changing, it only needs a force at a right angle to its motion, the same as you, and the force that does the job is again gravity.

That's not the whole picture, because the amount that your direction of motion changes depends on how strong the right-angle force is. It turns out gravity is much too strong for how much our direction of motion changes as the Earth spins. There must be some other force on us and on the atmosphere canceling out most of the gravity. There is. For me it's the force of the chair on my butt. For the atmosphere, it's the air pressure.

So gravity doesn't "make the air rotate". The air is already going, and gravity simply changes its direction to pull it in a circle.

You may be wondering why the air doesn't just sit there and have the Earth spin underneath it. One answer to that is that from our point of view that would mean incredibly strong wind all the time. That wind would run into stuff and eventually get slowed down to zero (that's from our point of view - the air would "speed up" to our speed of rotation from a point of view out in space watching everything happen). Even the air high up would eventually rotate with the Earth because although it can't slam into mountains or buildings and get stopped from blowing, it can essentially "slam into" the air beneath it due to friction in the air."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 11:54:43 AM

For 34 years, until April 2014, Aerolineas Argentinas had a transpolar flight from Ezeiza [Buenos Aires in Argentina] to Sydney. Unless tens of thousands of people have been lieing for years and years, the earth is a globe.

This flight would drop off the earth if it were flat given the route being taken

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 12:01:13 PM

Flight plans have consistantly been the hardest thing to debunk about this theory.. I am no expert in the subject but there is a lot out there.. Just look into it and see for your self..

Can someone explain the glyph of Nut and Geb? Been asking since post 1..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 12:01:57 PM

A person may go straight up in a hot air balloon for a half a day..... They will not be seeing the earth rotate beneath them.

Not sure of the relevance of the image below. First of all it is obviously not literal to begin with and was never intended to be. Secondly there is no globed earth OR flat earth in the geb nut image.... The earth and the cosmos are being diefied or personified....... So their form/shape is expectedly the way it is, not for anatomical accuracy. Or did the ancients also believe that human beings with jackal heads or wings were literally and anatomically walking around? Thats a weak argument king

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/25/2016 12:10:36 PM

Hemphill, I addressed your question about Nut and Geb yesterday. Look at pages 51-60

Also, as a side note, Geb typically symbolizes the surFACE of earth, not the entire or inner earth.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 12:14:18 PM

Listen, I appriciate the info. For real I do, i just wish that it was not seen that I am here try to convinve people of this... I brought this here to have reasoning and prove one way or the other..The first time I come across this is from a Rastaman named Wedim Yadon.. So naturally I ask if anyone else has heard of this.. Again, I am not reasoning on this subject as fact.. Just showing what the theory says and seeong if anyone has heard of it or can dis prove it..

With the nibiru and annunaki topic I have read that Egyptians lived with other human-like creatures.. Just trying to weave through the lies of this time

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/25/2016 12:16:27 PM

Yes, geb is shown lying on a flat plane.. so if he is the surface.. I get that it is personified and metaphorical but as has been explained to me here, metaphors depict a standard of truth

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/25/2016 12:16:42 PM

Context lol.

Rasta Goddess posted:

The idea of separation is seen several times throughout Genesis. Genesis 1:4 reads, “God saw light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness,”indicating the creation of night and day. The idea is also in Genesis 1:6, “God said, let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

A "creation" account from Kemet describes a god who created everything by the word of his mouth. It was the god Ptah who "spoke, and it was."

Creation of air and moisture - Ra created the air god Shu and his wife Tefnut the goddess of moisture

Creation of Earth and Sky - Shu and Tefnut gave birth to the sky- goddess Nut and the earth god Geb, and so the physical universe was created.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I