Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=51

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Seeker Sent: 5/24/2016 10:32:39 AM

Hemphill, let me simplify things for you.

a) - four corners/ends of the world = does not mean the earth is flat, just ''the four'' sides of the world ie, North South East and West.
b) - the world being ''immovable'' or ''fixed'', again, does not mean it is flat. is the earth not fixed and immovable within its own gravitational pull and in relation to sun,moon and other planets? It revolves around its axis, it is round, and fixed in gravity and immovable in terms of its position within the universe.

Common sense brother. Rastafari!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 10:46:47 AM

I dont know if the ancients knew more about the cosmos than today. From creation theories to the acknowledgement of distant galaxies, etc

The fact that there was less of a rift between divine nature and science is because there was no religion!! From Genesis, Christiandom says God made this and God made that and God did this. The ancients didnt do this, they simply named aspects of nature and decided these were the Gods. Is God nature or is God above/controlling of nature? This is the main point of contention, being a problem of perspective.

The ancients would observe nature and see the divinity

A literalist christian will observe the bible and try to adjust nature accordingly. Where there is no fit you cry foul play

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 10:57:00 AM

And brethren and sistren

NOT everything that is literally false has hidden esoterical metaphysical mystikal meaning. Sometime things are just wrong

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 11:29:57 AM

LOL! Straight shooter!

SEEN!!!!!

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/24/2016 11:46:53 AM

Yes Garvey I! As god dwells within me as me and dwells within you as you. From the smallest atom to the largest star is God (law).

But we should not think of our ancestors as primitive minded. Science to this day cannot figure out how the Great Pyramid was made. Every duplicate has fall flat....

And how about the Vedas of India which speak of Vimanas (flying machine). Did you know Europe/Asia (Germany/Russia) get most of their knowledge of how to build air craft from the Indian script? I would say our ancestors were much wiser than people think and they are many things that are unknown (hermetic).

As Booker T Coleman stated "Science is seen spirituality and spirituality is unseen science". All is on the one

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 12:31:26 PM

Indeed Idren Garveys & Har Tema!

Permit I to repost some crucial words that merit to be repeated:

"The ancients would observe nature and see the divinity...A literalist christian will observe the bible and try to adjust nature accordingly."

"As Booker T Coleman stated "Science is seen spirituality and spirituality is unseen science". All is on the one"

ASÉ!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/24/2016 3:52:03 PM

So nice she had to say it twice! Give thankhs I

Har Tema I agree with the I the ancients were NOT primitive. They were advanced and it would be erroneous and foolish to believe we know more than them in all aspects of study/science. But the fact that modern science is literally based off of the foundations that were set by the ancients, its not suprising or offensive to acknowledge after several thousand years some advances have been made. If you tell me the ancients knew of some planetary or stellar existance that we do not yet know of I would not be suprised. Yet and still, I doubt if they had knowledge of further galaxies, being able to measure said distances using red shift and other techniques, and so on (without listing every modern scientific advancement).

I wana big up and rise up the ancestors to the FULLEST. But no more than that! I only want to stand on reality to do so.

Im sure you are aware of the glyph of what looks to be a Helicopter? SO many modern kemet 'enthusiasts' conclude that this MUST be a helicopter thus proving the existance of flight, aviation, electricity, etc in kemet. The problem was the people who promoted this forgot to include or purposefully omitted the text adjacent to the glyphs. Glyphs are always accompanied by some form of explanation / label, the ancients knew to annotate. Once this was found and correctly transliterated it was easy to see that the apprent helicopter glyph was actually two seperate glyphs together, and unsuprisingly nothing to do with aviation. I use this to highlight how quickly people will RUN with information without doing the necessary groundwork. WE LIVE IN A ERA WHERE MEMES ARE GOOD ENOUGH REFERENCES. Sadly these shenanigans happen all too frequently with the study of kemet.

The credibility of Ancinent or African studies themselves risk being undermined if people who study this are happy to run with any conspiracy or half cooked theory about nonesense.

This is why anyone whe mention kemet now get labelled as Pseudo or 'a hotep' lol as a intended derogatory term. I think the conspiracy theorists are drawn to kemet too.... Makes life hard for the people who just want the truth of history with or without the thrills.

With that being said..... Thoroughly..... I personally am unfamiliar with the indian aircraft ideas you speak of. Everyone knows I have a big tunnel vision when it comes to history in terms of geography..... Once you leave mama Africa as does my attention! Altho Dr Clarke did tell us to study eveything!

Love and RespeK

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/24/2016 6:54:11 PM

H.I.M. : These young people face a world beset with the most effectively organized programme of deceptive propaganda and of thinly screened operations ever known

H.I.M. : To make our wills obedient to good influences and to avoid evil, is to show the greatest wisdom. In order to follow this aim one must be guided by religion. Progress without religion is just like a life surrounded by unknown perils and can be compared to a body without a soul.

To brush controversial information off as nothing other than conspiracy theory is to brush off the first quote here.. All must be examined, especially within this time.. To say the entire notion of religion is backwards and evil is to dismiss the second quote here.. Yes, religion has been used as a means to enslave many peoples, just as science has been used within a technocratic regime.. Yet there is truth found in both science and religion.. And to me, this is where the 'conspiracy theories' come in.. Someone questioning and pointing out contradictions within rhetoric will be seen by a 'believer' as nothing more than a conspiracy theorist.. Look to yourselves as Ras Tafari to prove this.. Babylon denies, ignores, and condems the truth of Ras Tafari.. To most people, saying something as simple as White Jesus is a lie, is a conspiracy.. No matter how much evidence you supply, many won't/can't see it.. Same with science.. I think the flaw is neither science or religion as themselves; but blind faith in either one..

So with that, the picture I started this post with is not in its full context. The glyph showing Nut and Geb is not situated with the adjacent glyphs.. Do any of the I have knowledge in the full context of this glyph?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 7:08:56 PM

I must be one of those “modern kemet 'enthusiasts'!” LOL!

Garveys, di I mention:

"The problem was the people who promoted this forgot to include or purposefully omitted the text adjacent to the glyphs. Glyphs are always accompanied by some form of explanation / label, the ancients knew to annotate. Once this was found and correctly transliterated it was easy to see that the apprent helicopter glyph was actually two seperate glyphs together, and unsuprisingly nothing to do with aviation”

Then what did it mean, if not some sort of flying machine? What do the glyphs say that nullify the idea that these COULD be aircraft?

FLYING VEHICLES IN ANCIENT KEMET THAT RESEMBLE MODERN DAY AIRCRAFT

ONE OF THE ARTIFACTS CALLED GOLD FLYERS FOUND IN COLUMBIA

ANCIENT AEROPLANES DID THE INCAS BUILD AIRCRAFT?

Evidence of unexplained ancient aircraft can be found across the planet especially in areas where major civilizations once thrived. Physical evidence of alien intervention in human history is undeniable. Ancient Astronaut Theory seeks to explain alien presence in the past linked with Ancient Aircraft and purported landing strips, especially in areas like India (Vimanas), Egypt, and Mesoamerica.

The Sanskrit word vi-mâna (व;ि;म;ा;न;) literally means "measuring out, traversing" or "having been measured out". In some modern Indian languages like Hindi, vimana means "aircraft"

In the Sanskrit Samarangana Sutradhara (Literally, "controller of the battlefield"), it is written:

"Strong and durable must the body of the Vimana be made, like a great flying bird of light material. Inside one must put the mercury engine with its iron heating apparatus underneath. By means of the power latent in the mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion, a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in the sky. The movements of the Vimana are such that it can vertically ascend, vertically descend, move slanting forwards and backwards. With the help of the machines human beings can fly in the air and heavenly beings can come down to earth."

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/24/2016 7:45:06 PM

Hemphill, you asked:

"Do any of the I have knowledge in the full context of this glyph?"

The idea of separation is seen several times throughout Genesis. Genesis 1:4 reads, “God saw light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness,”indicating the creation of night and day. The idea is also in Genesis 1:6, “God said, let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

A "creation" account from Kemet describes a god who created everything by the word of his mouth. It was the god Ptah who "spoke, and it was."

Creation of air and moisture - Ra created the air god Shu and his wife Tefnut the goddess of moisture

Creation of Earth and Sky - Shu and Tefnut gave birth to the sky- goddess Nut and the earth god Geb, and so the physical universe was created.

NUT [SKY] GEB [EARTH] THE NETERU

COMPARISON BETWEEN EGYPTIAN AND HEBREW CREATION MYTHS

KEMET VS HEBREW CREATION MYTH

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I