Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=11

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2016 4:50:44 AM

The north star is almost perfectly in line with the AXIS of the spinning globe known as Earth and that is why its position is percieved a stationary. Google told me this as there is at least as much if not more information in support of the round earth theory. Like now we know about the north star why does every other star in the sky appear to move? A rotating earth may partially explain.

Wiki puts the first dates of people talking about a spherical earth to the 6 century BC during the Hellenistic period of Greece. If this time period and the word Hellenistic doesn't send of alarm bells..... I wonder which ancient culture they 'learned' this from? Its inconcievable to think the Ancients thought the earth was flat, they taught the greeks math and astronomy, and then Pythagorus corrects them with his round earth? Or did Pythagorus learn this with the mysteries?

De I believe in the hollow earth theories too?

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/20/2016 8:45:29 AM

Again, I am not saying this is fact; only that the current world view we are given from babylon simply does not add up to observable reality.. Look into it. Never reject new light until thorough research has been done..

I find this topic interesting because with shows like into the universe, the inexplicable universe, and through the worm hole, babylon is feeding us nonsensical theory as recorded fact and people lap it up like sweet pudding not even questioning what they hear..

Now we know the system is backwards, we know NASA is a sham.. Look into the vatican and jesuit order with copernicus. NASA is taking in billions of dollars and giving us admittedly false images and b.s theory.. We need to question these things.. Look into it and observe their theory fall apart.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/20/2016 10:11:53 AM

Greetings Idren Hemphill, good to see the I again n hoping everything is well with the I&I.. Blessed Love as always
Garverys Afrika I think the Idren is trying to say that the earth is a flat platform that does not move but the stars and everything else revolves around it..? The only theories that I have ever seen about the flat earth theory are from people who take bible verses completely 100% word for english word literally. I would watch these videos the I posted if I could, but I am curious if they at least allude to those similar bible verses the I stated at first?
True that I have never been to space or seen the earth from afar to affirm that it is indeed round. But I think the Ancient Ones did know this already, which they displayed in the observance of other planets/stars rotating around each other. If they knew that other planets are in orbit, why would they assume that this one was not? Like Garvey I pointed out, the supposed "first" people to bring forward the idea of the spherical earth were ones who learned everything they knew from Afrika. So why assume that the Afikans had not also taught them that piece of astrological information?
On the other hand I totally Iverstand the I's caution to beLIEve what NASA or any other government department including the education department teaches the I. Personally I think that the earth probably is round-ish but is imperfect in its surface, maybe it is not a perfectly round bouncyball surface seen? Imagine a pebble with a jagged surface, in which some parts are at different flatness or curvature, seen? This would explain about the salt flat and also why certain areas of the ocean appear to dip down or to rise up higher than others. Maybe the jagged surface was how the earth was formed, or maybe it is from millenia of being smashed with various sized meteors. Objects that reflect light or are light (like a flame) start to appear spherical as the viewer moves further and further away from it. Haha especially for people with nearsighted eyes like Iwomban, all lights start to look like glowing balls, even for example with a conical lamp shade. So it is possible that the earth is not perfectly round, but is three-dimensional and can be traveled in circumference, and that when people move further away from the earth (to take a picture of a full hemisphere, for example) the jagged appearance starts to look more cleanly curved. Seems like if they could take a hemispheric photo in 1972, then the earth was indeed three-dimensional, not a flat platform, at least as few as 45 years ago, unless the I is suggesting that the earth became flat since then, which is why they are photoshopping?
More Love n Honor to All

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/20/2016 11:49:59 AM

Stars, planets, and moons are all spherical.

Why? It all comes down to gravity. All the atoms in an object pull towards a common center of gravity, and they’re resisted outwards by whatever force is holding them apart.

Imagine a planet made entirely of water. If there were no winds, it would be perfectly smooth. The water molecules on the north pole are pulling towards the molecules on the south pole. The ones on the left are pulling towards the right. With all points pulling towards the center of the mass you would get a perfect sphere.

Gravity and surface tension pull it in, and molecular forces are pushing it outward. If you could hold this massive water droplet in an environment where it would remain undisturbed, eventually the water would reach a perfect balance. This is known as “hydrostatic equilibrium”.

Stars, planets and moons can be made of gas, ice or rock. Get enough mass in one area, and it’s going to pull all that stuff into a roughly spherical shape. Less massive objects, such as asteroids, comets, and smaller moons have less gravity, so they may not pull into perfect spheres.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/20/2016 12:15:33 PM

"The famous Fibonacci sequence has captivated mathematicians, artists, designers, and scientists for centuries. Also known as the Golden Ratio, its ubiquity and astounding functionality in nature suggests its importance as a fundamental characteristic of the Universe."

The ancient science of the so-called Fibonacci sequence was first known and mastered in Kemet/Kush. All of the temples and pyramids are built from this sequence/pattern.

In fact, all of Nature and the Universe reflects this spiral pattern.

Flower petals: The number of petals in a flower consistently follows the Fibonacci sequence.

Seed heads: The head of a flower is also subject to Fibonaccian processes. Typically, seeds are produced at the center, and then migrate towards the outside to fill all the space. Sunflowers provide a great example of these spiraling patterns.

Pinecones: Similarly, the seed pods on a pinecone are arranged in a spiral pattern. Each cone consists of a pair of spirals, each one spiraling upwards in opposing directions

Fruits and Vegetables: Likewise, similar spiraling patterns can be found on pineapples and cauliflower.

Tree branches

Shells: The unique properties of the Golden Rectangle provides another example. This shape, a rectangle in which the ratio of the sides a/b is equal to the golden mean (phi), can result in a nesting process that can be repeated into infinity — and which takes on the form of a spiral. It's call the logarithmic spiral, and it abounds in nature.

Spiral Galaxies; Not surprisingly, spiral galaxies also follow the familiar Fibonacci pattern. The Milky Way has several spiral arms, each of them a logarithmic spiral of about 12 degrees. As an interesting aside, spiral galaxies appear to defy Newtonian physics.

Hurricanes

Faces: both human and nonhuman, abound with examples of the Golden Ratio. The mouth and nose are each positioned at golden sections of the distance between the eyes and the bottom of the chin. Similar proportions can been seen from the side, and even the eye and ear itself (which follows along a spiral).

Fingers

Looking at the length of our fingers, each section — from the tip of the base to the wrist — is larger than the preceding one by roughly the ratio of phi.

Animal bodies: Even our bodies exhibit proportions that are consistent with Fibonacci numbers. For example, the measurement from the navel to the floor and the top of the head to the navel is the golden ratio. Animal bodies exhibit similar tendencies, including dolphins (the eye, fins and tail all fall at Golden Sections), starfish, sand dollars, sea urchins, ants, and honey bees.

Animal fight patterns: When a hawk approaches its prey, its sharpest view is at an angle to their direction of flight — an angle that's the same as the spiral's pitch.

The uterus: According to Jasper Veguts, a gynaecologist at the University Hospital Leuven in Belgium, doctors can tell whether a uterus looks normal and healthy based on its relative dimensions — dimensions that approximate the golden ratio.

DNA molecules: Even the microscopic realm is not immune to Fibonacci. The DNA molecule measures 34 angstroms long by 21 angstroms wide for each full cycle of its double helix spiral. These numbers, 34 and 21, are numbers in the Fibonacci series, and their ratio 1.6190476 closely approximates Phi, 1.6180339.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5985588/15-uncanny-examples-of-the-golden-ratio-in-nature

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 5/20/2016 2:26:21 PM

Greetings.
I think the earth is hollow inside teaming up with life and splendour..
Reason about it.
Study and examine ancient written accounts.
Or travell to the nortnpole,
read the Book of Enoch, navigate through his final jouney on Earth.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/20/2016 2:55:52 PM

Do we KNOW that the stars are spherical? When we look at them through telescopes, all we see is a round disk of light. We would need 2 entirely different perspectives to get a picture that renders the supposed 3 dimensional spherical shape of stars. We look straight up and see a disc and imply that they are spherical..

NASA has always fabricated images of Earth, even before 1972.

Check out this entire presentation..

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2016 3:05:12 PM

When there is an eclipse the shadow you see on the moon is a curved shadow of the earth

Messenger: Har-Tema Sent: 5/20/2016 4:45:37 PM

One of the best people to investigate on the matter is probably the Dogon of Mali, Africa. They were already aware of Sirius B and Sirius C. Maybe they have depiction of the Earth in their drawings. I can't seem to find none.

The Sumerian have our entire solar system on Cylinder Seal depicting it as spherical and each planets has different size. Unless all this is hocus pocus

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/20/2016 5:27:58 PM

Imhotep discovered the circumference of the earth of about twenty-five thousand miles by studying the movement of the sun during the summer and winter solstices. He reached his deductions on the circumference of the earth, hundreds of years before Athens was even in existence. Yet, an Athenian named Eratosthenes is credited with giving the world the circumference of the earth. We must also remember that the western world did not even know the world was round until 1492 A.C.E. Imhotep knew the world was round approximately 4,000 years earlier".

WINGED GLOBE OF KEMET

Aristotle (who made quite a lot of observations about the spherical nature of the Earth) noticed that during lunar eclipses (when the Earth’s orbit places it directly between the Sun and the Moon, creating a shadow in the process), the shadow on the Moon’s surface is round. This shadow is the Earth’s, and it’s a great clue on the spherical shape of the Earth

Since the earth is rotating (see the “Foucault Pendulum” experiment for a definite proof, if you are doubtful), the consistent oval-shadow it produces in each and every lunar eclipse proves that the earth is not only round but spherical – absolutely, utterly, beyond a shadow of a doubt not flat

If you’ve been next to a port lately, or just strolled down a beach and stared off vacantly into the horizon, you might have, perhaps, noticed a very interesting phenomenon: approaching ships do not just “appear” out of the horizon (like they should have if the world was flat), but rather emerge from beneath the sea. But – you say – ships do not submerge and rise up again as they approach our view . The reason ships appear as if they “emerge from the waves” is because the world is not flat: it’s round.

2,500-year-old Chinese school of thought saw the cosmos as a sphere, infinite in size, with a round earth within it.

Ancient Afrikans knew the earth revolved around the sun, and they knew about all the planets in our solar system- even Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, which were not discovered by modern day science until 1781, 1846, and 1930!

THE DOGON

The Dogon of West Africa, who have a long and rich oral tradition. Amazingly, they knew that Sirius was a double star- despite the fact that Sirius is not visible to the naked eye. They also knew that that Sirius B had an elliptical orbit of fifty years, and that it was "the heaviest thing in the universe" [a pretty good description of a collapsed dwarf star, which modern astronomers have only recently discovered.] The Dogons also knew that Saturn has rings, Jupiter four moons, and that our moon was arid. Modern astronomers have only recently “discovered” these facts, with our advanced technology (telescopes and unmanned satellites)

THE MAYA

The Maya's grasp of astronomy and mathematics is legendary. For example, they knew of and named the Scorpion- a star cluster containing a comet, which could not be seen with the naked eye. They were also advanced enough that they were able to precisely calculate the exact number of days in the solar year- 365.2420 (as compared to our 365.2422).

THE HOPI

The Hopi tribe have a legend that explains the death of the second world. There were supposedly two twins, Poqanghoya and Plongawhoya, who were guardians of the north and south axes of the world. They were ordered by Sotuknang, a nephew of the Creator, to abandon their posts since people had become evil. This would allow the destruction of the second world, and allow a new world to form. According to the legend, when the twins left their posts, the world went crazy in space. The earth ended up changing shape, creating a new axis, and thus the third world was formed. This story is interesting, since it shows that the Hopi tribe knew not only that the earth was round, but that it had axis- a discovery we've made only in recent times.

SUMERIAN CYLINDER SEAL WITH 12 PLANETS OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM

TO THOSE WHO NEED A BIBLICAL VALIDATION

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the Earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon.

literal translation of Job 26:10 is “He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end.” A spherical Earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22—“the circle of the earth.”

Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” (çåâ—chuwg) can also mean “round” or “sphere.”

“The Earth a Sphere—Certain astronomical relations were recognized very early. The stars appear as if attached to a globe rotating round the Earth once in 24 hours, and this appearance was clearly familiar to the author of the Book of Job, and indeed long before the time of Abraham, since the formation of the constellations could not have been effected without such recognition. But the spherical form of the heavens almost involves a similar form for the Earth, and their apparent diurnal rotation certainly means that they are not rigidly connected with the Earth, but surround it on all sides at some distance from it. The Earth therefore must be freely suspended in space, and so the Book of Job describes it: ‘He stretcheth out the north over empty space, and hangeth the Earth upon nothing’

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I