Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=111

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 6/6/2016 4:54:40 PM

Indeed brothah. Beautifully simple.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/8/2017 9:52:42 AM

this was a good reason in the end

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 12:29:28 PM

I know the earth is like a basketball, and round.
One thing, however, that I am very sure about, is that the earth neither moves nor rotates.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 12:43:21 PM

The ancient Israelites were advanced in religion but not highly advanced in science, which is why they stuck to the idea of a flat earth.
God initially did not want to reveal the secrets of creation to man, which is why the earth is described vaguely in the scriptures. But man in his curiosity dug deeper and discovered most of what is known today.
A simple question I have : If the earth really does move or rotate, why don't we feel it moving ? I mean, if the earth moved, we would feel it, right ?
Try this simple step :
The scientists say the earth rotates and orbits around the sun at very high speeds.
Take a perfectly smooth and round and light ball and place it on a perfectly smooth and flat surface.
Now, the ball should start rolling in the direction opposite to that which the earth is rotating or moving, but it does not. Just like placing a round marble on a piece of paper upon a flat surface, then pulling the paper from under it, the marble rolls away.
°
Which proves my point. The earth does not move or rotate at all,and all other rocks and fires in the heavens go round the earth, including the sun and the moon.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/9/2017 1:34:13 PM

^All you have proven is your original point. That not many people who claim to be biblical israelites are knowledgable on science.

The answer to your question would be: because of gravity. Meaning the Earth isnt moving by itself it moves with the atmosphere above the surface too.

Take your ball and put it on a flat surface while your in a moving car that isnt accelerating but going at a constant speed. Can you feel it moving? Does the ball move? (NO) Try the same on a plane, or a Train.......

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 1:57:44 PM

The earth and the atmosphere are two different entities, not one, and are not attached together in any way,so they cannot move together.
Unlike a car or plane or train, which have a roof and an enclosed atmosphere within them, the earth does not have a roof, or an enclosed atmosphere, but a dense sea of air and moisture sorround her ; which fortifies my argument.
If the earth moved at all, we should expect intense and endless winds in the direction opposite to the earth's movement or rotation, like riding in a convertible car with the roof down, or in a horse-drawn chariot whose horses are madly excited with speed.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 2:00:26 PM

Yea, and if the earth moved at all, we should see the clouds drifting away in the opposite direction, since they float in the air, but they do not. They always drift peacefully in all directions, today this way, tomorrow the other way...

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 2:11:30 PM

... meaning : the earth is completely at rest.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 6/9/2017 2:15:20 PM

I have not been able to get this reasoning out of my mind since bringing it here.. Still say I am very sceptical of babylon pseudo science but cannot say that I know for sure.. The Bible most definitely teaches an immovable Earth with rotating heavens which I say is clearly seen.. Also teaching of a firmament or dome sky separating the waters from the waters.. This reasoning has covered most all of this but I last posted that it is all a psy-op or counter intelligence program and I now have a different stance.. Of course this is rolled out in a way that is cooperated but when we know the system is 100% backwards from Jah truth, makes me really think... I think each side is mostly theory because we simply dont know and cant know everything about creation.. What Christ say? John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/9/2017 2:18:43 PM

Yea, but we can still make conclusions, based on our experiences and investigations and observations.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I