Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6520&start_row=1

Ancient Egyptian and Hebrew concepts of the universe: Flat Earth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/19/2016 7:33:20 PM

From what I have found, this image is showing Geb -- the God of the Earth -- and Nut -- the Goddess of the sky -- representing creation and the orientation of the Earth. If you will notice, Geb -- the Earth -- is lying on a flat plane with his knee raised. Nut is shown with the stars inside of her body as she stretches in a dome that is encompassing Geb.

Genesis 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters

There are many Biblical verses professing a flat Earth.

Many ancient civilizations believed that the earth was flat, it was not until the last 500 years that the concept has been of a globe Earth. I find it interesting that the ancient civilizations perceiving the Earth as flat had the stars mapped out so well that they could build structures and monuments to line up with the movements of the stars to a very, very precise degree. If these people were 100% fundamentally wrong in their foundation of the Earth's orientation, how could they know the stars better than we can today? How could they build monuments to honor these movements and cycles if their foundation is backwards? You cannot build elaborate 'pent-house' views without a sound foundation..

We all know of the obvious lies and atrocities of the White supremacist system of the last 500 years.. Are we discrediting the ancients, calling them primitive fools for not knowing the Earth is a globe? Have any of you been in space to see for yourself? Are we taking babylon science for fact without thinking? We are told that we are on a spinning PLANEt that revolves around the sun as we are spiraling within a bigger galaxy within an infinitely expansive universe with billions of other similar galaxies that all started with the Big Bang.. This view is meant to make us Humans and Earth seem utterly minescule and impotent within their outer space science -- that only they have access to.

Earth is creation in its entirety, we must ask questions to battle this pseudo-science that babylon gives to disorient and control people.

I am not stating this as fact, just wanting to know what the Kings and Queens of Ras Tafari have to say about this..

Love

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/19/2016 8:46:52 PM

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/19/2016 8:47:03 PM

Imhotep, Master Genius/Physician/Healer/Astronomer had calculated the circumference of the earth THOUSANDS of years ago. And we was simply a "good student" of his Ancestral Master Teachers.

The pyramids were built perpendicular to "Orion's Belt", Ancient Nubians had already navigated to all "corners" of the Earth. We overstood the spherical and spiraling nature of the Universe. From my overstanding, these things would not have been known had our Ancients subscribed to the "flat earth" theory.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/19/2016 8:59:07 PM

Greetings and thanks for the reasoning.

I want to ask if circumference directly means globe?

Isaiah 40:20 It is he who sits above the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/19/2016 9:55:32 PM

Let us look at the definition of circumference:

1-the enclosing boundary of a curved geometric figure, especially a CIRCLE

2-the distance aROUND something

In order to properly build the pyramids in their exact location perpendicular to cosmological maps, and to navigate the globe, I would assume they were fully aware of the globe in its spherical shape.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/19/2016 10:27:41 PM

Navigation, especially oceanic, is largely based off of the north star. This star never moves from its position in the sky, all other stars rotate around this fixed point, thus making it the most reliable point by which to navigate.

I ask, if the Earth is spinning like a top, on an axis, orbiting the sun as it moves through space, how can the north star never leave its exact orientation? Is it spinning widely through the cosmos in perfect synchronicity millions of miles away to accomplish this OR is the Earth immovable and therefore maintaining this alignment?

1 Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable."

Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..."

Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/19/2016 11:21:22 PM

The Earth is flat? LOL. The Ancients were smarter than Hemphill.

Are those bible verses somehow supposed to prove that the Earth is flat? If so that just shows how the Bible is not necessarily to be regarded literally and should be questioned.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/19/2016 11:28:13 PM

How big is the Earth? -- According to today's science...

The mean radius of Earth is 3,959 miles (6,371 kilometers). However, Earth is not quite a sphere. The planet's rotation causes it to bulge at the equator. Earth's equatorial diameter is 7,926 miles (12,756 kilometers), but from pole to pole, the diameter is 7,900 miles (12,720 km) — a difference of only 40 miles (64 km). - See more at: http://www.space.com/17638-how-big-is-earth.html#sthash.60LBEMQP.dpuf

According to this:

Equatorial diameter: 7,926 miles (12,756 km)

Pole to Pole diameter: 7,900 miles (12,720 km)

Equatorial circumference: 24,902 miles (40,075 km)

Pole to Pole circumference: 24,860 miles (40,008 km)

Using the Pythagorean theorem, that calculates to an average curvature of 7.98 inches per mile or approximately 8 inches per mile.

8 inches per mile... Over 100 miles thats 800 inches or 66.667 feet of curvature drop..

So with all of that, explain this..

Salar de Uyuni (or Salar de Tunupa) is the world's largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers (4,086 sq mi). It is located in the Daniel Campos Province in Potosí in southwest Bolivia

4,086 sq miles and perfectly flat.. Those mountains are seen over 100 miles away yet the constant curvature says that they are supposed to be 66 feet below the horizon level...

The Bedford Level Experiment

The foolishness of Jah is wiser than the wisdom of men..

Question everything, especially if babylon is feeding it to you..

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/20/2016 12:12:54 AM

NASA admits that they photoshop images of Earth..

Robert Simmon -- "The last time anyone took a photograph from above low Earth orbit that showed an entire hemisphere (one side of a globe) was in 1972 during Apollo 17. NASA’s Earth Observing System (EOS) satellites were designed to give a check-up of Earth’s health. By 2002, we finally had enough data to make a snap shot of the entire Earth. So we did. The hard part was creating a flat map of the Earth’s surface with four months’ of satellite data. Reto Stockli, now at the Swiss Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology, did much of this work. Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble.

I was happy with it but had no idea how widespread it would become. We never thought it would become an icon. I certainly never thought that I would become “Mr. Blue Marble.”

The last time anyone took a photograph from above low Earth orbit that showed an entire hemisphere (one side of a globe) was in 1972 during Apollo 17... Why cant we take a real one today?

My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s expectations of how Earth looks from space.... Match expectations? With thousands of satellites you cant just take a real raw photo? Why not? If they are feeding us admittedly false images why are we still taking their word as fact?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/20/2016 4:12:10 AM

You gone too far now biggs

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I