Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=121

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2014 11:04:28 AM

I dont see how any generalizations are being made. Black culture doesn't exist? Your analogy of black and murder is an interestingly racist one. Is that hidden into your psyche? Do black people commit more murders than white? Where is your evidence? What would make a man pose such an anology. I clearly stated even white people are affected by white supremcy......

Reparations has nothing to do with asking a government or white people for anything. It is a process, mainly of self repair. Its of no relevance if all white people were involved in slavery or not. There are a large group of African kidnap and colonize victims still in captive today. It is their right to a self identify and culture Rasta a defend.

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/6/2014 11:27:35 AM

No need to be so defensive brother. I see the term "white supremacy" as a generalization. It is really a supremacy of the wicked and wealthy. Also from all statistics I've seen, in the US murder and violent crime in general is most prevalent in the black community, that's not some racism hidden in my psyche it's numbers I saw on a page. You'll notice I also said it was wrong to label it a "black" thing, just as I feel it wrong to label the system of downpression a "white" thing. I guess I successfully illustrated one thing to you anyway, how it feels to have your entire race implicated for the crimes of a wicked few.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2014 11:35:31 AM

You maybe have a misinterpretation of white supremacy. This isn't a generalisation but a specific. And your thinking too local. Are you telling me globally more murders are comitted by africans? The entire world outside of America and the west may disagree with that one. And thats to even discount the recent history, of 20-100million africans currently lining the floor of the middle passage...... this analogy you made was wrong and not needed in this reasoning.

“If you do not understand White Supremacy (Racism) What it is, and how it works everything else that you understand, will only confuse you” — Mr. Neely Fuller Jr.

Honor and respect

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/6/2014 11:51:55 AM

That's why I only used the US any time I used that generalization and I only did it then to prove how monstrously inaccurate generalizations are. I am not an ignorant man I do not apply this generalization in my thinking, again just trying to illustrate a point.

I overstand what the system you call 'white supremacy' is, I overstand what white people have done to the terms 'white pride' and 'white power'. I want to change those terms and take them back from the devils who corrupted them. I would think that you as a proud militant black man who is so supportive of black supremacy, black power, and black pride might identify with this.
Justice, Equality, brethren

Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/6/2014 5:04:27 PM

I just want to state that anyone thinking a "white" person is not an African is just plain ignorant intentionally or not. Noah had 3 sons Ham Shem and Japheth. BROTHERS IN AFRICA each of different shades of BROWN. There is no white or black we are all hues of brown each of us man, hence we are human. To deny someone based on the color of a man's skin is to deny HIM. InI need to realize this truth that we are ALL African. First man African, Noah and sons African, Europeans Africans, We are ALL Africans. One of the biggest lies told is there is white or black and only one is African. Please do not fall into the trap of being prejudice yourself due to previous prejudices. Slave masters were both "white" and "black". Those who sold the slaves were also "black". This is the sin of humanity, not of "whitey". Whites were slaves too (Irish). Let us remember WHY we all became slaves anyway so we may not succumb to the yoke of slavery again. It was the violation of Yah's commandments that caused the slavery to begin with. Let us return to HIM and his perfect ways. Love conquers a multitude of sin and Selassie is more than known for living WITH his previous enemies and those who tried to murder his people and make them slaves. He said this in reference to both Colonial slave masters and even the Italians when they invaded his country. HIM is the Yah of forgiveness and equality. Do not belittle HIM over petty prejudices.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 5:21:01 AM

Id prefer if ones just disagreed with what I said den to conpletely misoverstand. But each to his own.

Based off the above assumptions

There is no black and if there is, white people are black

Haile Selassie was talking to everyone in the world when he said "we africans' either that or His Majesty was wrong

One can be a rasta without having a knowledge of the philosophy of Marcus garvey

New to I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 5:24:48 AM

And chattel slavery was apparently no different to any other form of slavery. And it happened because africans had disobeyed jah.

We are all african but we are not all European? Only the African has to share his home and identity. Acccording to science the whiti race started outside of Africa. And even to claim it you would have to go back 100000 years as a precursor to modern human. But we are all african

Lava, garveys africa done

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/7/2014 5:28:02 AM

One thing I will refute seeing as you still follow ham shem and japeth. Yes they started as brothers but you miss the part where it says they will be separated onto different nations. God of the bible separated them so they were no longer brothers............

Garvey a turn in him grave. Africa for everyone at home and abroad

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/7/2014 7:17:37 AM

A Blazin GA, no Garvey heh!? I notice dem thing deh too yeh, guess Pan Africa a jes go 'evolve' outa RasTafari?

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/7/2014 8:54:17 AM

Anyone dat fight against Black Ipremacy is de antichrist. If yu fight against Black Ipremacy then yu are against Black Idemtion which means yu against Rasta. If yu white n yu love Rasta then yu haffe accept dat Garvey philosophy is de foundation of Rasta livity. If yu try to eliminate Black Ipremacy yu catch a fire. If yu black n yu love Rasta then yu embrace n love ya Black Identity. Dem can tell all dem bible tales but still dem can't sop I n I Black Pride. Black Solidarity I stand firm.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I