Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=111

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/4/2014 8:35:37 PM

Black man or wombman reparating their mind and livity from white supremacy, in the name of Haile Selassie; dem ah di Rasta

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/5/2014 12:17:02 PM

First Iwombman would like to say,
Most High RASpect and love to the I Garveys Africa. Very well said and Ixplained Iyah.
Now, I&I am watching this video. Give thANKHs for the views shared here - the whole half hour video is very interesting.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/5/2014 12:48:46 PM

I&I wonder tho why these people have not chosen to sit down and chat instead of standing in a circle... And it seems very much like a pack of wolves picking at Iman with all these people taking turns interrupting the I.
More love to the I Ras Mweya and the upful word sound power! I&I overstand the I's stance.
I&I see the vitality in Incient Livity and all the views the I has Ixplained in this video - beautiful.
I&I simply disagree with the popular idea that phenotype (physical expression of genes) has anything to do with who is or isn't Ifrican. I realEyes and agree with the I Ras Mweya that "that land is so sacred, that is the land that gave birth to mankind." So to Iwombman give full RASpect to not only black skin, but also to every life-giving aspect of the motherland. Including the aspect of Imanity to display different phenotypes depending on different geographical/climate challenges. Bless up the black skin that makes UV heavy locations livable for Iman, bless up the white skin that makes lesser UV locations livable for Iman.
But truly, what do these phenotypes have to do with the Iritual power of JAH and who is or isn't associated with that power? Unless the I is of the Ipinion that RasTafarI is a physical and not Iritual thing??
MISGANA for the reasoning. Shabbat shalom Iyah.
Haile Selassie I!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/5/2014 3:01:05 PM

Blessed. Itwasnt a cross examination it was an attack! But the Ras full of skill and left them confounded.

Re: 10 minutes in when the person of Asian origin asked if she could be a Rasta....

Its not just phenotype. Burn phenotype. Its who and who identify themself as Black/African via bloodline or 'jus sanguinis.' Its the ancestral trod. I am I ancestors and I ancestors are I. thats why I said who the i is inherently and not by preference. We say 'Black' and 'African' out of a lack of any other term since we have mostly had our culture stripped and taken......but we mean a group of people with a shared exclusive genetic code and cultural history.

Rasta is not just Iritual. What are the Irits? Rasta is an African Ancestral trod.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/5/2014 3:13:13 PM

For example, I would overstand an Asian (going back to the wombman asking the question) leaving Babylon and becoming a dreadlock Sidhu than becoming a dreadlock RastafarI.

Sight the Jewtube comments......

'Rasta has evolved"

False quoting the 'Until" speech again

vs

"If one is white, adopt a philosophy in which Jah (or you may know him as God) reveals himself to you. If your way of life is the European way of life, live it."

"Jah represents himself to certains peoples differently."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/5/2014 3:17:24 PM

Need a 2014 cross examination with a few more of the I. Anyone take that idea remember to contact bro Garveys Africa.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/5/2014 11:00:51 PM

A person may not sight God beyond their own family, or they may only sight God within their village or tribe, or their nation, their continent, their skin color, their race, or their religion, etc.

Most Africans are not Ethiopians (Ethiopians meaning the nation of Ethiopia that Haile Selassie I rules) it can be said that they originated from there, but that can also be said about all people in earth, because that is where man's life originated. People left out of Ethiopia a long time ago and spread throughout Africa and throughout the world. Most other African countries have their own religion, culture and concept of God that has differences when compared to Ethiopia, whether I and I look at Ethiopia before or during Christianity. Even so, Africans from all over sight Selassie I as God.

I don't sight a white man as any more I brother than a black man. All humans are I brothers and sisters, that is why it makes no difference to I if God comes as white, black or any color of man, or any nationality or race. When I Learned about Haile Selassie, I didn't have internet because it was just starting in those days(even if I had it in those times, I doubt there would have been information about Haile Selassie I) and I didn't know any RasTafarI people, so I had very little information about Haile Selassie I. Even so, I recognized Haile Selassie I as God and knew I was RasTafarI, it wasn't a thought process, where I thought about I ancestry or color of skin, or Christianity, or anything else, I just recognized Haile Selassie I and knew I was RasTafarI.

Haile Selassie I Taught I and I to Iverstand Inity and Brotherhood amongst all people, and I don't say that because of the war speech, Haile Selassie I makes reference to race in many speeches.

A person who is RasTafarI but not African must Iverstand that there are differences between an African and non-African RasTafarI. One significant difference that many don't Iverstand is that non-African RasTafarI speak of repatriation of Africans to Africa, not for themselves. Even if a non-African had some justification to go to Africa, they should not call it repatriation. Another mistake many non-African and also some African people make, is disregarding their ancestry and history when they come into RasTafarI. I have Reasoned before that being RasTafarI caused I to research the history of I people to know where I came from both before and during Christianity. When I Learned more about RasTafarI, especially when I started reasoning with other RasTafarI people, this was the Iverstanding that I saw. The Iverstanding of I and I roots, not discarding it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2014 4:41:33 AM

Isis for the response Ark I. I and i have reasoned before on this topic which has been brought up again in response to the daughter question

Re: your opening statement. I agree completely. I think it then comes down to how one interpret the words of Garvey in seeing God through ones own eyes! Which again I know we done reason on n have our different views. I would say all humans may be brother and sister but if so that doesn't remove the need for specific cultural identity which his majesty acknowledged. People have developed independently for thousands / hundreds of thousands of years. Even to dieify a living Man.... anthropologically is an African (nile valley) thing to do.

Ites up

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/6/2014 5:19:22 AM

Re: this 'we are all African' mentality.

White people...... overstand that a crime to humanity was committed by your people against AFRICANs. We as Africans are still in a state of repair from the continuing harm from this crime. Rastafari was created as a healing process for Africans as a response to this crime. It is disingenuous (wrong) to try and discredit the idea of 'race' and or come with the 'we are all african' doctrine at present, before that healing process has taken place.

The aggressor committed the crime based on race, the damage was done based on race, it only makes sense to allow the repair processes to take place on race, for African peoples. Black people from Garvey to I wouldnt need to chant 'black ipreme or black only' if the damage hadn't already been done based off 'white only' privilege. Seen? Ones should respect the methods of black liberation that we have formulated for self

So are we all african?

Not all science or religion suggest se all come from a shared ancestor, or the out of africa theory. Even for that theory, the people who would become european, didnt leave Africa as human beings. They left as precursors which would develop separately from the homosapien sapeins that were already developing in africa. In other words white people (according to science) became modern humans and became white, outside of Africa. And there are clear genetic differences in response to things which happened and affected their development, outside and independent from africa.

So to say white people come from africa isnt true.

And what about the thousands of years of history on the continent since? This is all raised up in the consciousness of Rasta hence why it is an African trod. Why would a European who does not share this history culture or ancestory, or share this need for post slavery and colonisation repair (although I do acknowledge you too have been affected by white supremacy), want to involve or interfere with this?

When rasta say to uphold your own culture this is what garvey meant by seeint God through your own eyes. Is this the case with white Rasta?

There will be international celebrations for the UNIA 100 year anniversary coming up soon. How many of the white Rasta here plan to attend? As rasta are we not garveyite?

Food for thought
Raise up and bless up

Messenger: Path Walker Sent: 7/6/2014 7:55:49 AM

We need to really work on these generalizations of white and black. There was a huge part of the white world population that had nothing to do with the slave trade. So referring to these systems as "white" just because the majority of offenders were white only strengthens racial division and is no more correct than if the US were to start referring to murder as "black" crime.

As for a cultural identity I agree that it has incredible importance. However the overwhelming majority of the world has no interest in partaking in this culture, so wouldn't it be better to build with those who do? To work to create the state from 'until' speech? We cannot wait on a government to repair all wounds and unify people, our bodies will be dust before a government does that. It is something we as a people must undertake ourselves.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I