Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=171

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/10/2014 12:45:02 PM

Give thanks Garvey's Africa that is very wisely spoken and the words of HIM are very true. We must liberate our minds first just as HIM told InI.
To answer VDR, I am Houma and Biloxi Chitimachi which are different then the Chitimacha, hence no recognition and no sovereignty, land, rights, etc. (why do NA need "recognition of their murderers anyway)
InI also recognize that NA is African and that Africa is InI original land and birthright.
Most Importantly HIM Hayle Selassie himself has appeared to the InI MANY times telling me to return to Africa in visions and dreams. HIM asked the I to chose my family... the one I was physically born into or HIM family. InI chose HIM.
As far as the I know Mardi Gras is pagan culture introduced by colonizers and wasn't a part of NA culture. InI could be wrong but I do know currently Mardi Gras is a tool of the devil perpetuating sin with the "absolvement" of sin by fake catholic priests after "ash" wednesday

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/10/2014 1:14:51 PM

Give thanks fa d response Iyah, if d I sight so so it go more blessings to d I on d I trod.
A tool of d devil? The Mardi Gras Indian is actually a carry over of West African masquerading tradition but twisted in a way to "Honor NATIVE AMERICANS for their assistance in helping Africans escape enslavement" unless d I would call West African customs 'pagan' and 'devilish' or any not inline with Judeo/Christian beliefs, but even HIM allowed Nkruma sacrifice a goat and step in it upon exiting d plane in Ethiopia so I read!

Messenger: Ras NazIr Sent: 7/10/2014 2:12:37 PM

What gwan Idren? Ini see MANY I's use the "Until" speech to talk about "whites" and then it is refuted because HIM specifies "Africans". Although before HIM specifies Africa, HIM say "Any Nation". InI am sure we can all Igree that racism is ignorant and a form of mental slavery. Also we can Igree that the Birthplace of ALL humankind is Africa. I would just like to say that " White" equals those CONsumed and perpetuate babylonian ways. "Black/African" is those that what to get in touch with the Roots. Those that follow JAH. Those that sight HIM. Those that shun babylonian ways and work endlessly to ensure babylon falls.

Seeing as the "Until" speech has been done to death, and obviously isnt getting anyone anywhere. I would like to say, read THE ENTIRE SPEECH, not just the "Until" part. There is much more to it than just that small segment. Here is the closing statements from the same speech from Oct 6 1963.

Our Emperor speaks,
"Were are we to look for our survival, for the answers to the questions which have never before been posed? We must look, first, to Almighty God, Who has raised man above the animals and endowed him with intelligence and reason. We must put our faith in Him, that He will not desert us or permit us to destroy humanity which He created in His image. And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

How do the Iya's sight this? It does say "a new race". Which InI sight could be we as RastafarI are the new race. The ones that look past prejudice and skin color. We are the TRUE Idren of JAH. The TRUE Idren of RastafarI. Black Power/Pride or pride for any " race" used too and should include "equality guaranteed to all". I don't stand on the white man side, I don't stand on the black man side. InI stand on JAH side. Which by the way this world has been polluted and corrupted, standing on JAH side in turn puts Iman on the " Black/African" side. I would also think that it may very well be harder for a "white" person to accept the teachings of an African. Like someone previously said, "What if HIM looked more like a " traditional African"? That would not bother InI at all. HIM is still the King of Kings, the Conquering Lion of Judah, no matter what HIM look like. I would still see HIM truth and follow HIM teachings.

Guide and Protect InI JAH JAH
Selassie I JAH RastafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/10/2014 4:22:52 PM

Black/African" is those that what to get in touch with the Roots.

? King. When black people say black this is not what we mean. You stated this as though it were fact and you weren't metaphysically speaking / using your own anology; I assume the I was.

Because when the idrin say Black and African they mean Nationality bloodline race ethnicity..... a specific group of people. Lets not blur things. And we nah create a new race, bun a new race, iman nah left the identity of I mother and father. Seen rasta is the root.

When His Majesty was talking about the conditions of conolialism and stated the exact words 'we africans will fight' one can't say he was talking about anyone looking back to their roots.

What was the name of Marcus organisation again? How more specific could we be.... true we try and steer way from words like negro in this time. But it coming like we can't even claim african or black because it belong to everybody.

Haile Selassie I

Bless up

Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/11/2014 3:31:34 AM

The Bible says that we shall become one new man. HIM say,"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

How can you say burn a new race when HIM say we must BECOME a new race?
Rasta is the root and the new race the two are one.

Blessed Love

P.S. when you stated When His Majesty was talking about the conditions of conolialism and stated the exact words 'we africans will fight' one can't say he was talking about anyone looking back to their roots.
I disagree b/c as someone who is fighting the good fight right here in Africa I would have to say I fit the description of we Africans will fight. Babylon has many "black" people fighting FOR Babylon. How does the I sight "black" babylonians who fully embrace babylon and literally hate Africa. Are they more African than the I or are they fighting for Africa? If they aren't fighting for Africa how can they then be the Africans he's speaking of who will fight?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/11/2014 6:23:45 AM

We gone agree to disagree

Black / African = anyone in the world with a good heart to some of unno

Black/ African = myself, my mother, my father, VuudooRoots, Black Heart, Zion Mountain......... to I

And Haile Selassie was using an analogy of 'new race' for a group of people without prejudice and living equally. He did not mean literally, you go and breed with them who will birth a new race. Context!!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/11/2014 6:26:20 AM

How unno explain this?

IS reparations for BLACK PEOPLE or for anyone in the world with a good heart?

Was MArcus Organisation for BLACK PEople / Negroes or anyone in the world going back to their roots?

I never imagined I would have to debate black

Does this banner used by RASRTAFARI mean Black Supremacy? Or (Anyone in the world with a good heart) Supremacy? It's like a disrespect to Garvey which Rasta can't take and won't take.

Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/11/2014 3:22:05 PM

This is very hard for me to try to explain this, but hopefully you will overstand. Repartriations are for black people (the ones who love and want to come home)and I respect prophet Garvey and don't mean any disrespect to him or any Rasta for that matter. I suppose the whole difference lies in that InI see all mankind as African just lost touch with it's roots. All mankind comes from Africa (twice over).
I fully agree with this... And Haile Selassie was using an analogy of 'new race' for a group of people without prejudice and living equally. He did not mean literally, you go and breed with them who will birth a new race. Context!!!!
However he is also saying that we will be ONE ie One love, InI, no division, no babylon lies but equality (which has been denied to my black brethren for so long it's not funny). The way I see it is this, Aborigines, Native Hawaiians, Native Americans, Native Africans, ANYONE native is HATED by babylon and actively tried to be destroyed. To me that means these are the true Israelites of which there are 12 tribes.
InI sight rasta as the "new race" and InI (according to your definition) support black supremacy. InI also view Garvey as the awakening of the movement not the Rasta movement in it's fullness. Marcus saw the immediate problem and provided the needed immediate solution. I do not disagree with what he was doing or that he is a prophet who helped wake InI to Rastafari.
I hope I clarified InI difference of black and African. Could you please give your opinion about what I asked earlier? Is a black person who fully embraces babylon and completely reject Africa, considered African?

Messenger: Prophet John Sent: 7/11/2014 3:25:09 PM

InI just wanted to state that I LOVE these reasonings and truly believe that InI share more in common than we have differences. I love you brethren and please keep spreading the truth of HIM and let us destroy all isms and babylon.

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 7/11/2014 4:09:41 PM

All man come from Africa, cool but over time man was given dey own land Africa for African, Australia for Australians and so on. There is contridictionon how many tribes of Israel deh was, not even including Dinah! I see ones sight up d Hebrew Israelite Doctrine of d 12 tribes being all dese native peoples in N and S America and thing but at d time of d Hebrew story Egypt had many paintings of different people in d area and Israeites were said to b deh for hundreds of years yet I have yet to see any painting resembling NA peoples or Far East Asians or South Pacific Islanders or Native Australians, even d painting wha describe d different races of people none show any of those people!
Know thyself and Live Up!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I