Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=1

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/26/2013 11:43:37 AM

you are wrong and the ONLY ones that ''can't'' be Rasta. Yes i am white and telling you 'black' Rastas that you are NOT rasta. I say this only based on the state-of-mind and notions you have expressed. Any real rasta knows the teachings of H.I.M and that racisim or 'labelism' is something he fought against. These are babylon labels made by a fascist system. Yes, i know and accept that pan-africanism played a major role in the birth of our movement and that the idea of a return to africa was prominent. But Selassie I is Christ in the flesh and Jah in the flesh, so how can He be only for one race,seen? And also, humankind branched out over the world through the centuries but we all stem from one place, one home which is Ethiopia. Regardless of what you think of me as 'white', i will always trod Rastafari.

One love,
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/26/2013 12:27:24 PM

Rastafari is NOT a religion it is a way of life and culture, and one that is unmistakably African.

You seem to recognise through scripture the lineage of haile selassie in relation to the Jesus of the bible text. This is fine. Even if you too see him as your God. But you have chosen to use the moniker of Rastafari and adopt its 'African post-colonialism domicile on a former slave plantation island' culture.

That's like YOU telling an Indian he is not Indian because your a Hindu and he is a 'bad' Hindu. Don't mix the theocracy with the identity.

Let me explain, you have many ancient or original rasta such as Mutabaruka who don't believe whether Jesus ever existed at all. And does not use the bible. Many rasta bun bible completely. Some rasta bun God concept and some gone ina some ancient and or African spirituality. Yet they are still Rastafarians so what will you tell them?

It's hard for people to overstand. This is not a religion and not a theocratical order. Rasta culture has been here before any scripture or text you use to identify yourself as rasta and use to discredit others

- and there was much debate around the topic lately but nobody was going around discrediting others all I see for the most part is two groups of socially isolated dreadlocks asking questions and reasoning.... You want to discredit certain 'black Rastas' your walking on thin ice in this community. Wise up

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/26/2013 12:55:16 PM

I know its not a religion and i know there are different overstandings of Selassie I as to what he is. And don't discredit explicitly 'black' or 'white' Rastas coz I man don't look at people through their complexion. I discredit and bun those who advocate ANY from of segregation, seperation or polarisation within the Rastafari community,seen? Think what you want, but don't insult me by telling me i am not Rasta coz of the (lack of) melanin in my skin. If you think this is so, maybe you need to read the auto-biography (again) of H.I.M.

Rastafari is impartial,
Blessed love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/26/2013 1:25:04 PM

Me never tell anyone that in I life. It's you who have decided you have the authority to tell who and who is rasta. That affi get a fight. I can chant black black black all day long as rasta and ask certain racial question of course but never did I tell someone that they 'can't be rasta'. And if your hear black this and black that when certain rasta talk as a dread you cannot feel a way because a just so it go! For the record I wouldn't call a cultural definition of people "segregation" that's not too clever, if your European and I'm African that's not segregation it's identification. The spirit of freedom in the many slaves taken from Africa is that of Rasta as portrayed in the independent film Sankofa and this is before the coronation in 1930. Rastafari culture is a Liberated African spirit in a direct response to shattle slavery. From longtime.
Done anyway, this topic hot to the heart of many, going over the same reasoning

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/26/2013 1:57:41 PM

Rastafari is ONE. That is all i have to say, regardless of identification. Hope you will realise this one day bredren..

Blessed love

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/26/2013 2:07:58 PM

For a start, who's come and claimed that? I've seen one or two man come forward with some questions and a statement, that happens to be true, that RastafarI is a Black thing hailing a Black king, so what is the problem if Ethiopia (which means 'land of black faces') is the root of creation? The I really cannot 'not see complexion' because only the colour blind are actually colour blind, and even then not enough to not notice the difference between Black and White skin and features. The blind are the only ones who don't see complexion.

Ironically it is these kinds of things said out of ignorance and a completely illusionary perception of antagonism in this case that actually split and polarise people along racial lines. I don't know which part of Haile Selassie I's autobiography the I is talking about, but go humble and read it again carefully instead of trying to define who is and isn't Rasta on the internet. It's HIM who sets the standard at the end of the day, whatever your colour, and who has eyes to see will see.

Blessed love

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/26/2013 2:13:43 PM

Of course i can SEE complexion, but don't pay any significance to it because a man is a man, and that is all. Those who can't see THAT are the ones that are blind. And if you look again i clearly stated that i accept and acknowledge Ethiopa as the BIRTHPLACE of mankind. Please overstand what i am saying.

Fiyah haffi bun..

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/27/2013 1:19:15 AM

@Ras 93
Iman not taking anything from the I.
I jus want to talk specifically of the Nyahbinghi Order,I guess some elders will correct I if I am wrong.
Nyahbinghi is the first blackman on earth hailing the black King.It is said a baldhead is allowed to be at the groundation but not to take part in certain duties as playing drums(a baldhead refering to a whiteman as he is born bald)
Another issue is its not racism when one wants what is rightfully his.The movement is a Black movemant,for the exodus of Jah people,everyone under him own fig tree,Africa for the Africans

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 10/27/2013 4:17:48 PM

Bredren I overstand it started as a 'black thing' and overstand and support to the fullest the demands for repatriation. All im saying is that, despite how it started, it has evolved into a global movement connecting all people regardless of colour, race or creed. Also Selassie I to I is fulfilment of prophecy so it is proof Jah is ONE for all people. But lets stop debating about these things coz' we obviously can't come to terms. Like Damian Marley said in one of his songs ''Rastafari is for all man to share, but some would rather to be so unfair''.. And since i've mentioned reggae, i would like to know your thoughts on ''white'' reggae artists such as Alborosie, Jah Sun and so on who are Rasta through and through?

Blessed love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/27/2013 5:31:53 PM

Who evolve it? Damien Marley?
Who give the order and the blessings for it to evolve past a black empowerment movement?
Who set it that way? Di reggae artist dem?

Because the many rasta faithful still following the orthodox teachings never got that memo..... All I'm saying. It was perfection from conception.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I