Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=191

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/13/2014 9:33:32 AM

harsh accusations? All I said was this:
-------------
People need to Learn to recognize Africans and respect their culture and race instead of denying Africans of their race by saying all people are African.
-------------

What I said wasn't really harsh, and it wasn't an accusation, it was an observation. The I said,

-------
This is very hard for me to try to explain this, but hopefully you will overstand. Repartriations are for black people (the ones who love and want to come home)and I respect prophet Garvey and don't mean any disrespect to him or any Rasta for that matter. I suppose the whole difference lies in that InI see all mankind as African just lost touch with it's roots. All mankind comes from Africa (twice over).
-------

The I should ask yourself this question as well.

Question for white skinned people who want to live in Africa.

The second post I made in that Reasoning (on the second page), explains why I asked this question.

Africa for the Africans.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/16/2014 4:00:01 PM

Has any of the I dem read this book? What are the arguments/reasonings put forth. A synopsis would be good. Who is the empress?

Haile

Messenger: RAS NATE Sent: 7/16/2014 5:28:57 PM

I read she deal with words like Rastafarianism and converting to RasTafarI.
She sais Listening to reggae while in her mothers womb and Bible reading in family made her become a Rasta.

Her site:

http://www.jamaicanrastafarianlove.com/

I personal opinion on the matter,is that no one can just become Rasta.Either one is or isn't.One can only find it out.But never convert or become.

JAH RASTAFARI
ISES

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/16/2014 7:23:41 PM

Give thanks Ras Nate

http://www.jamaicanrastafarianlove.com/how-to-tell-if-you-are-rasta-15-points/

"How to Tell if You are Rasta; 15 Points
1) Deep and special love for black people"

LoL.

But wait, 15 points to 'tell if your a rasta' and NOTHING about Haile Selassie I? ....Then she have book on how to become a Rasta....

'How to date Jamaican men"
"Why Jamaican men cheat"

Reddddd

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/17/2014 1:04:27 AM

Here is her Twitter account

https://twitter.com/jamaicanrasta98

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/17/2014 4:14:52 AM

“White Rastafari

Empress Yuajah
Copyright © 2012 Empress Yuajah

All rights reserved.

Title ID: 4086045

ISBN-13: 978-1481184236

Jah Love

Can a white person be a Rastafari?

Yes a white person can be a Rastafari! It’s not so much about the colour of the person’s skin color, it is about the heart of the person. Jah sees and knows all things. He knows if we are good, or if we allow ourselves to be instruments of Satan. White people are also chosen as Rastafari, in the same way that black Rasta is chosen. White Rasta does not have different practices than black Rasta. Everything is the same. White Rasta, praises King Selassie I, They eat Ital Rasta food, they listen to Rasta Reggae music, they burn Nag Champa incense…everything is the same! Jah does not look at the person’s skin colour when he chooses his messengers, he looks at the heart.

About me the Author

I, Empress Yuajah wrote ‘How to Become a Rasta’ back in 2011. As a born Rastafari, all of what I know has been written on my heart, and when I shared Rastafari in that book, it was written from the perspective of that inscription. I tried to include facts about Rastafari, for those who seek this type of guidance, in ‘White Rastafari.’ Rastafari is all-encompassing, spiritual, factual, historical etc. I hope this book answers some of the questions you have concerning Rastafari and provides a guide for you on how to follow the Rastafari livity.

Jah Bless, More Love.

Rastafari.

White Rastafari are special!

alborosie3Did you know that to black Rastafari people, white Rastafari people are special? Heres why. White people are not expected to have dreadlocks, so when they do, black Rasta find it very appealing. We are intrigued that even though to wear dreadlocks is not the way of your ancestors. Yet, still you choose to wear the hair in this fashion? Black Rasta may want to learn more about the way you live. As white Rastafari, you can expect that many black Rasta will approach you for conversation, and friendship, and treat as special and unique.

Jah is Boundless

I had one Jamaican guy, tell me I cannot be Rastafari because I am not a born Jamaican. What he does not know is that he (in his limited thinking) is putting boundaries on the powers of Jah. I understood that he truly does not understand the power or the magnitude of The Most High. Jah is boundless, limitless, All knowing, and all-powerful. After hearing some of my music that Jah helped me to create – he recanted saying, ‘only a Jamaican can do that!’

White Rastafari are born every day

Could you imagine if Jah made all nations in a way that one cannot be like the other, and this spiritual way of life is designated for only those people with such and such a skin colour? That sound like ‘paint by numbers.’ spirituality is not like that. With the variations of all nations, naturally are going to be remnants, here and there. Spiritual, cultural, and DNA. That is normal. With that being said, white Rastafari are born every day and, The Most High rejoices.

What is White Rastafari?

I designed this book to, strengthen your mind as white Rasta, with spiritual truth, and guide you to live a life that is clean and pure, so that you may enter Holy Mount Zion. There is no such thing as White Rastafari per say, only Rastafari taught with the White Rasta in mind.

I want to embrace this way of life, but I have questions

Many white persons who wish to embrace Rastafari have questions, and rightfully so. This book was designed to answer those questions, so that you may feel informed before embracing this way of life. Let’s look at some common questions concerning Rastafari.

Why do Rasta say that King Selassie I is God?
Why is it mostly black people who embrace this way of life?
What are the beliefs and principles of the Rastafari Peoples?
How do I know Rastafari is Right for me?

How do I know Rastafari is right for me?White_Rastafari_Cover_for_Kindle

If you have friends who are Rastafari, this helps. If you have a significant other who is a Rasta, this helps too. The truth is, most Rasta, are Rastafari all on their very own. Both my parents are Christian. And my siblings are both Christian as well. Here I am 34 years of age and a natty dreadlocks Empress. I don’t need anybody’s approval. The Almighty sees and knows my heart, and I live my life to please him alone.

Rastafari is a about entering Holy Mount Zion. We adhere to a strict code for living and eating to keep us clean in mind, body, and spirit. If you believe there is a higher power and that everybody…” Read the rest of “White Rastafari” the eBook. Buy it on jamaicanrastafarianlove.com
About these ads

She a 'new' Ras still.......

"At the time of my conce"ption, my parents were running and living over a “record shop.” From moring until night fall, while I was in my mothers womb, I heard singers like, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Bob Marley, Garnett Silk…and many more great reggae music legands. Being inside my mothers tummy meant two things, I couldnt yet understand the signifigance of the music I was hearing. and These sounds were going play a huge role in the person I was to become.
Until the age of 3 I continued to hear these beautiful rasta reggae music sounds night and day. At 3 my mother had had enough of the constant music and the partying lifestyle of my father and the “record shop” she decided to leave. She took me my brother and my sister with her.

The bible has always been a huge part of my parents lives and my grandparents lives. Both my mom and my dad read the bible every night before going to bed, and same with my grand parents. I can remember my mother, as she would tuck me in at night and be on her way out my room, saying, “dont forget to say your prayers” I always said my prayers. I even say my prayers now.
By the time I was 10 I had created quite the relationship with God. I didnt know that many people were not as close to him as I was. It was at 10, that I made the decision to grow my hair in dreadlocks. My grandmother wasnt having it. I didnt do it. But it was then that I knew what I was. But I didnt have the name until many years later.

In 2009, at the age of 31, I decided it was time to stop wearing weave. I was costing way too much money, and just felt unnatural. I figured “no time like the present” baby, and began october 22 of 2009, to lock my hair. I felt so liberated! finally i was showing me. My true self, and loving every moment of it. I was mostly inspired by the exfactor lauryn hill video. She looked so “African” so “strong” so “beautiful” and herself. I wanted that to be me. Now, June of 2010, I am so happy I made the change. I love my dread locks, I wrote a little blurb on how to get dread lock here, but I will write another one on how to start dread locks soon for all you newbies."

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 4/26/2015 10:19:52 AM

greetings!

i'm a "white" man from europe and rasta has influenced my life since i was a little lad. especially within the last couple of years. even though i'm still into reggae music i follow rasta livity in many ways (ital food, interpretations of the holy book, certain point of views on society...) so i'm not all about smoking ganja and shouting "fyah haffe bun" for no reason at all. as a matter of fact, right now i feel ready to get my locks done (i'm 27 years old). but i have to say that i have reached a point in my life where i have to wonder what all these arguments about "white rastas" are really about.

i think that in the end of the day there won't be any lodges or delegates who can tell somebody that from now on he or she is a good or even a real rastafarian. no matter if they are black, white or whatever. many black rastas claim that every black person is african and some rastas even claim that every african is a rasta. so its not about to doubt yourself and doing this or that to get identified as a rasta. its about to know what you are in your heart and start to do certain things because of this knowledge. this concept of being a rasta feels true to me.

the meaning of being a rasta may depend on the people you ask. but in the end, even though i can adopt many great things i learned from rasta (from eating the right food to getting more conscious about the different races, society and even the bible), the question is "can a caucasian be a true rasta?".
personally, i think that "white" people who want to join the movement aren't that worried about being truely "accepted" as like-minded women and men but somehow it might be hard to classifiy caucasian "rastas".

so if you are a white person and see how great rasta livity works for you and you think that the rasta way to live is the way to go but some black rastas feel that you may live a honorable life but you're just not a real rasta because rasta is just a black movement which includes fundamental things everybody has to deal with but rasta itself is just about empowering the black race, you may as yourself where you stand in life and about your options to show your bond with the spiritual aspects of rasta and a way to live it out.

i try to see rasta as a movement for black people and so i think that if you're white, you can be a good and righteous human being without "dreadlocks" and direct association with that movement (even there is so much you can learn from it) if you are holding on to your own culture. but in my view, nothing speaks against full commitment to rasta including locks (as a special way of life and a special bond with god) even though you might have to reason about racism indeed.
for example i think that WE ALL came out of africa (originally) and that this fact alone makes our connection to africa special to me but theres cleary a difference between the black and white race. instead of praising "OUR motherland africa" as non-black rastas we should set our mind on "white supremacy" and its fatal consequences to let black people do what they have to do and respect it.

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/26/2015 4:28:09 PM

Rastafari is a religion, it follows the bible and HIM as return of Yeshua. That being said, do some treat it philosophical? Yes. And I wouldn't say the Rasta culture is Ethiopian OR African, I'd argue it's Jamaican for the most part

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/26/2015 7:29:55 PM

What is Jamaican culture? if not African...
What is a Jamaican? If not African...

Messenger: Lemuel Sent: 4/26/2015 8:29:05 PM

Carribean.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I