Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=31

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: karonhiio Sent: 11/7/2013 12:55:49 PM

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 11/8/2013 2:11:28 AM

You can't shake my faith GARVEYS Africa.

When you say things like, "Bun Jesus, Bun Yeshua, Bun Bible, Bun Biblical authors, Bun the God concept, Bun Yahweh, Bun Religion, Bun Christianity" You only cause division. Even if every Rasta other than I chanted that; still it would not be right to my ears and still it would not be chanted on I tongue.

You also say, "I like to promote people to think about their stale ideologies and either tighten them up or revise them." Who are you to decide what is stale and needs tightening up or what needs revision? You're speaking about some of your Brethren's and Sistren's faith, show some Raspect.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/8/2013 3:02:50 AM

As a Levitical rasta when we see things which negatively effect our black community we BUN it

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/8/2013 7:45:05 AM

As a Levitical rasta when we see things which negatively effect our black community we BUN it. And I don't deal with faith i deal with reality. don't deal with supernatural but only naturality. Don't deal with Christian ideology only African tradition and values.

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 11/9/2013 2:54:42 PM

Idrens diversity of ideologies must not cause us to burn another's ideology,instead we must celebrate it seen,let one and ones speach be without hate or else it might bring hurt,let's promote love inity and respect in l n l chants.This platform has lnited many of l bredren and sistren in lfrica and all over the world,let's give thanks and praise for such a blessing. Selah

Naff said
King david jah

Messenger: ras93 Sent: 11/9/2013 5:49:21 PM

Well said bredren.

Selassie I

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 11/9/2013 10:04:05 PM

Yes I King David Jah,

I and I should accept the Right and Leave the Wrong. The Bible contains much Wisdom but that doesn't mean we should not question its origins or debate its meaning.

R over X as Bobo say.

Messenger: King David Jah Sent: 11/10/2013 1:55:05 PM

Blessed love.

Messenger: covenant_nazarite Sent: 4/3/2014 1:15:13 PM

Universal Light and Love

The goodness of Jah is for deh one and for deh all so Those who proclaim Rasta to only be for the Black African have forgotten the ideals and philosophies of H.I.M. seen is the need for repatriation as a crucial element in the movement for black africans, but I man can also detect immense hatred in these pro-black philosophies to bredrens with no melanin in deh skin but rasta in the heart. Dreads alone dont make a rasta true, and neither does smokin ishens, but what makes a rasta true is faith and dedication to Jah, so I question is this, does black skin alone make you a rasta? Iman cant seem to overstand how Jah would discriminate Bredrens over such a vain and material thing as skin color. Iman shouldnt care about the appearance of a bredren but should be concerned with the heart space of that Rasta. I have no melannin in I skin but InI try to live upful and righteous the way Jah would intend InI to live. InI look at all people the same, igardless to race, creed color, InI look at black breddas the same as when InI look upon white breddas. Jah teach no hate and by proclaiming rasta is for black, African's only, is proclaiming emmense hatred to all people of difference since we are all Children of Jah. InI come here with emmense Raspect for all Breddas' views reading, InI just thought I could ixplain some of I views.

Universal Love and Peace

"That until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes; Until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race; until that day, the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained" - His Imperial Majesty, King of Kings,root of david, Lion of the tribe of Judah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/3/2014 1:59:28 PM

^^ tired of ones, misusing that speech.

He said Until.... Then Africa will not see Peace. He said this addressing Africans in response to colonialism and apartheid. He was telling Africans to FIGHT until we see justice. Not this one love and let's all join hands together. This speech is a defensive War call from Jah until justice.

There will be no peace without justice.

^^^ to the idrin above, Being black does not make one a Rasta. But it is a natural prerequisite to many Rasta including Iself. To me, this is an African livity, African culture and tradition, African worldview.... And Black African power is a essential element. Haile Selassie did not hate any race, but he had a specific and special love for Africans. As an African. Yet ones don't often quote them speech de....

Why do ones trod Rastafari? Bible prophecy? Reggae music? Black empowerment?

I feel this would be obvious if it weren't for the religious / biblical aspect of Rastafari. In which, many people feel them a Ras based of living 'righteously' or based off some bible interpretation about a God who is for everybody. I and I look to Rasta not based off these precepts. Seen?

Black independancy

I don't overstand why it is SO hard to see that black people, after the wickedness of the past 500 years would need their OWN identity / culture and kingship..... Rastafari.

How did the First Rastas think about them topic de?

From. A historical perspective, the idea of white rasta if given to Howell or many of the early rasta, wouldn't really be greeted with open arms in all honesty would it? People I have seen say 'but rasta has evolved since then' but others would call evolve 'infiltration'. White supremacy has definitely infiltrated this trod ya.

For anyone who cares:

YouTube: cross examination of a Rasta for a well balanced detailed and none racist none hatred explanation of Rasta including what you are discussing here.

http://youtu.be/FSZRXshP5jg

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I