Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5336&start_row=101

To all those claiming a white man can't be Rasta

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/2/2014 7:31:46 AM

Jessep86, who has given yu de devil philosophy? Wagwaan with de I. yu misquote n misinterprete I then yu post irrelevent quotes. Eliminate yo grudges to overs I. Yu can't stop I from uplifting Black no mata whom or who yu quote. I seh One Black Love n Heart without any apology.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/2/2014 3:46:14 PM

No one can stop the I from burning the i fire. Rastafari Black upliftment. Reddddddddhot

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/3/2014 12:05:31 AM

Inity and Iverstanding I's.
I&I want to ask, in relation to this Iversation:
How do the I's reason up on "whites" who have an internal urge to glorify the "black" people, even more than their own race?
Iwombman have felt at times that this comes from a form of self-hatred, which I&I do not wish to perpetuate - but still, Iwombman wanna see the black people of this human population truly thrive, and Iwombman have made it a lifelong mission to teach and uplift the Ifrican people by aiming to open an orphanage/school on the Irican continent. At age 14 this purpose was ingrained in I&I soul, even more so after visiting Kenya in 2006.
So where does this desire come from, for a white person to work for the bettermant of the black Immunity?
And, not that any One's Ipinion will ever change I own knowledge of Iself, but do the I's see this type of white person as RasTafarI?
As alllllways, more love and prosperity Iyahs.
JAH guide and protect.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 7:35:38 AM

BlessED

Are you saying you have a form of self-hatred? I don't think anywhere in this thread someone (other than Ras93) has said who is and isn't Rasta. Only you can answer that for yourself. I just gave my opinion of what Rasta is as a form of cultural, spiritual and mental reparations for the former enslaved and colonised African peoples.

Ones can agree or disagree with that. And what ones choose to identify themself as is up to the I. If a white person want to genuinely assist in the upliftment of Africans then I couldn't fight that.....as long as the emphasis is on doing for self and not becoming dependant on the white 'help' (a trap)

Black people must rise and know themselves in this time. No longer will we be satisfied with the religion, diet, business, and social interaction of the downpressor. It's foreign and was never constructed to uplift we as a people. It's the 'self-hatred' that has been embedded into our psyche for so long which needs to be repaired (reparate). RASTAFARI, black redemption!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 7:56:29 AM

You do overs the potential paradox,

Of telling Africans to uplift and remove themself from white cultural influence............ as a white Rasta in Africa. :-S

Im just saying. Maybe the I will go the scriptural route instead, which may or may not be a good idea, indoctrinating Africans further into the Bible in this time.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/3/2014 2:06:37 PM

Most High love and RASpect Iyah Garveys Africa.
I agree that every One must know Oneself! The question was simply to ask Iyah to share ideas on the subject. And for the reasoning, misgana allways.
I do realEyes that the self-hatred globally infecting the Ifrican people is a much more pervasive problem, and I see the need for liberation from all downpressors, spiritual and human.
Iwombman am a mother and teacher by nature, so personally the focus has been on caring for children in need and teaching love, self-reliance, cohesion, living in harmony with nature, and self-education. I have seen that a love for truth is the driving force behind most positive influences in this world. So I have a desire to teach children to grow mentally and spiritually by individually studying all topics the child finds interesting, to instill a love for truth instead of an obligation to do well in school. I think this is a pseudo-Montessori approach to teaching.
If it seems paradoxical for Iwombman to want to nurture children, simply because of the continent I feel purposed to do it on, that is a paradox that the Almighty has given I strength to overcome. I did not choose this calling, the calling chose I. Iwombman rule I destiny in that I have chosen to answer the Irit's call.
I&I have said, at times it feels like a form of self-hatred - I meant by that, the feeling to not identify with the white skin that Iwombman was born into.
I wonder sometimes if that is what it feels like to be "transgender", to literally feel like this body is not Iself. Which, it isn't, because I&I are truly eternal beings, while I&I bodies are not.
It is Iwombman humble Ipinion that JAH RASTAFARI IS EVERYTHING, and from there it is only a process of each individual realEyesing and living up to the potential of this reality of Inity with JAH.
And while I Ipprecilove the Incient scriptures for the value they hold, I&I am not into the bible past educational purposes. I see truth and lies in many Incient writings, so the bible is not unique to I in that way, and I would not find it fulfilling to brainfilth more Ifricans into Christianity or reliegion in general.
No ism schism... ONE LOVE.
Bless-sings and Itection RasTafarI!

Messenger: Sister Sent: 7/3/2014 4:15:22 PM

JahChild, it sounds like you are expressing the I's humanity, which isnt necessarily racially or physically oriented. Though if the physical identity is the crystalisation of the karma of those lives that brought the I here and the life the I has, there's no denying it, no operation or action to change it. There has to be a higher reasoning than self-hatred, both versions mentioned above. If the I is positive mInded and lives conscious and works to know self then will be a true reflection of what Jah intends for the I's purpose, no assertion necessary.

Jah bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/3/2014 4:26:41 PM

Gwan ites up Jah Child. Nobody a question you. Just a reasoning, give thanks for the insight.

#Lionness

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/4/2014 1:09:09 PM

Blessed love Istren and Idren!
I&I meant the question more generally, and used Iself as an example because Iwombman felt it was most prudent. I&I know RastafarI&I&I who happen to have white or tan skin, just as I&I know RastafarI&I&I with deep brown skin.
Iwombman Ipprecilove the reasoning Iyahs.
The true question tho, is not about whether or not Iwombman am Rastafari, because I already know the answer. The reasoning is for the purpose of promoting Inity by uplifting the sentiments of Ras93 in a less antagonistic and more upful tone. I agree with the I Jesse that His Imperial Majesty JAH sUPports white skinned RasTafarI, whether or not that specific quote is pertaining to the subject.
The question Iwombman really want to ask was, do the I's (particularly the Iyahs who see Rastafari as a strictly Black movemant) see white skinned people who Intentionally uplift the black race as Rastafari, or is it still only a black skinned person who can be Rastafari?
(Iwombman have already given I Ipinion on this, with Iself as the example for the reasoning). The question is really directed toward the Iyahs who would argue against white skinned Ratafari.
I&I LOVE the I's reasoning allways. Misgana Itinually Iyah!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/4/2014 7:57:32 PM

But I am dat Rasta. Lol. Garveys Africa di Garveyite Rasta. I was brought up on the overstanding that a white Rasta would be like to say a Black British or Black French, I know not such a thing.

This clip I always use to explain best is the cross examination of a rastafari from the late 90s....about half way thru them ask all the same question you ask and he answer them critically and originally

http://youtu.be/FSZRXshP5jg

(On the phone so cant embedd)

In reference to your question....It kind of answers itself if you asking the rastas "who would argue against white skin". Wha u wa dem say? A fire? A white person helping Africa is a white person helping Africa dat dont alone make anyone a ras, black or white

Everyone jus need to do wha natural to them and who they are inherently and not by personal preference. Every individual should have a birthright to ites up the conscious ness ina fi dem own culture.

Black heart.....the I say?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 212

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I