Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=91

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/12/2010 11:55:19 AM

Here is another reasoning about the monk picture Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

Tyson,

That question was more for others to hear your answer, I already know what your website is.

In regard to what people have to gain over this deception. It is control and influence over people. Like I said above, there are some that don't like everything Selassie I say, because it goes against their own philosophy. So one way of convincing people of their philosophy and to follow them is to create the illusion that the orders are coming from Selassie I.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/13/2010 11:16:48 AM

If there are some Rasta people who do not believe in the words of His Majesty, then they are missing the point of the faith

That guy on YouTube who claims to be in secret council with His Majesty, he is going to have bring much more evidence before anyone can really believe him. That is a serious claim to make and I agree that if he is lying, then he is leading a huge deception, at this stage, its hard to believe he is receiving orders from H.I.M

I am not having secret meetings with the Emperor, nor can I prove that picture of the monk is him, all I can do is share knowledge of the faith that His Majesty belonged to.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/13/2010 3:06:30 PM

Tyson,

Why do you say "if he is lying". The guy who put the monk photo on youtube is lying, no question about it.

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 1/13/2010 3:56:23 PM

I have been reading this reason hopefully a little more thorough and I have a question.Tyson in your last response you put nor can I prove that picture of the monk is not him. When you started reasoning you said it makes since he's alive and well.I beleive you ment that H.I.M didn't die but became a bahetawi monk seen? The picture came from the Ethiopian Ministry of Tourism so the I didn't think it was fabricated.ArkI explained how easy it is to fabricate something like this.Then the I said no one can be sure and it was open to debate until there is more evidence or close to that. So i's question is do you beleive that picture is H.I.M. as you were implying in the begining or do you think that it could be another bahetawi monk?

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/15/2010 2:45:15 PM

There is a guy named Ras Adoinas on You Tube and from the Lion of Judah Society website who is pushing the picture of the monk as H.I.M.
He is well-versed in the scriptures and the Amharic and Geez translations.
He is not claiming to be in secret council with His Majesty but connects the photo to all kinds of other sources of information.
Up until September 2009, I never knew about the photo or knew there was anyone talking about it. After seven years of working on the book about the bahetawi and learning that these ascetics prolong their lives for decades and are known to live over a hundred years old. When I saw the video, I naturally drew the conclusion that it could be H.I.M.

Question, what happened to His Majesty after 1974? Where did he go?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/15/2010 3:39:43 PM

Tyson, the I asked
----------------------------
Question, what happened to His Majesty after 1974? Where did he go?
----------------------------

Why would the I ask that question, how would anybody here know that? All you would get in return are guesses.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/15/2010 6:40:55 PM

Greetings...

My own feeling is that the L.J.S. is pushing their own agenda. Only in such a modern age are Ones able to reach out to so many, the internet is a powerful platform. I don't think Adoinas is fluent in Amharic or Ge'ez, I think he's self taught for the most part, and I give him credit for that, but he's using his knowledge of the language as some kind of authority which is disturbing to me. Some of the L.J.S. videos make some sense, but there have been some that I've found to be highly opinionated at best and offensive at worst. I realize he's become a Guru to some, yet it is usually not the Guru who seeks devotees, but the other way around. Anyways, its just my opinion...I have written the L.J.S. with my concerns about the picture of the Ba'atawi, and received no response.

Tyson, the I said there were good points for and against the possibility of the picture being His Majesty, in the Deception Reasoning. I would be interested to hear what you think are the good points for the possibility of the picture actually being His Majesty, because when I read the thread over I think it really shuts the debate down.

Aside from all the factual evidence against the possibility of that picture being His Majesty, there's also the complete lack of emotion from the I presenting the picture in the youtube videos. I ask anyOne, if you thought you had a recently taken photo of His Majesty trodding the hills as a Ba'atawi wouldn't the I's be proclaiming it ecstatically, and then wouldn't the I's make a plane ticket to Ithiopia to sit at Negus' feet your first and foremost priority, instead of debating this thing on the internet?

As for where His Majesty is now, Ark I is right, we'd all be making guesses. However, His Majesty did leave evidence regarding His opinion on the fate of His physical body.

Selam

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/15/2010 6:57:03 PM

Sunofman, the I said:

"Aside from all the factual evidence against the possibility of that picture being His Majesty, there's also the complete lack of emotion from the I presenting the picture in the youtube videos. I ask anyOne, if you thought you had a recently taken photo of His Majesty trodding the hills as a Ba'atawi wouldn't the I's be proclaiming it ecstatically, and then wouldn't the I's make a plane ticket to Ithiopia to sit at Negus' feet your first and foremost priority, instead of debating this thing on the internet?"

Yes I, I would get on the first plane available.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/15/2010 7:00:54 PM

In regards to His Majesty:

In the year 1975, it was said that the Emperor of Ethiopia, the only Reigning Monarch was dead, while they slandered His name with malicious propaganda.

[4] He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
[5] Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
[6] Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
(Psalms 2)

JAH RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Lives ForIvermore

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/15/2010 10:45:47 PM

Some of the insights on LOJ society website and Ras Adonais videos are deep. I may not agree with everything their saying, but their works are well done and they have knowledge to offer.

The question about what happened to His Majesty after 1974 is an important question. Since the entire life of H.I.M was a revelation, then how he spent his final days should be relevant.

Its not about 'guessing' but rather having a personal philosophy on what happened to the King after the coup.

At this stage, thats all we have and we should be able to discuss the different possibilities as to what may have happened. Some say the military killed him, others say he is with the Father, others say they are not sure.

The possibility of His Majesty becoming a bahetawi monk is one of these theories. I heard it many times while living in Ethiopia as people clearly had heard this story for decades.

Considering that His Majesty fulfilled ancient prophecies, there may be more to his life than we know.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I