Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=51

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/4/2010 5:56:26 PM

short reply: tyson wrote

"What if a book on the bahetawi only strengthened our understanding of His Majesty?"
first the one who writes the book must have a great understanding not only good writing but spirituality..which i can say from your writing so far..foolishness Fyah!!
second NO BOOK can strengthen the overstanding of JAH Almighty God!!He HIMSELF will give i and i the overstanding..don't get i wrong i am not saying don't read book no, but to have an understanding of the most high Almighty Jah RastafarI can only come by irits. Once you see that you will understand what ini are talking about.

YOu said the photo that ArkI posten is not a bahtawian how can u de so sure?

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/4/2010 10:08:23 PM

maybe the talk should be framed around what exactly is a bahetawi and what seperates them from the rest of the church, other Ethiopians and even the rest of the world. They are engaged in practices that not very many people on the planet could do or would even dare try.
One could define a bahetawi as someone seeking the 'Pre-Fallen state of humanity' by performing incredible feats of asceticism (isolation, fasting, sleep deprivation, seclusion in darkness) The goal is the submission of the physical senses and a return to human's original, angelic nature
the bahetwi are spending up to 20 to 50 years in the deepest meditation. Could you imaging spending decades in a cave, eating a couple of beans every few weeks, not sleeping and not seeing any light the entire time. In this state, their minds ascend into the heavenly spheres. These acts are what seperate them from others and they have been proven to completely transform the meta-physical condition of anyone who can do it. usually by the time they emerge from this experience, they have the appearance of grey, dread-locked, bearded, older man. They take on the 'Father-God' the 'Wise Old Man' and the 'Ancient of Days' image. They have escaped the body and reached incredible mystical heights.
In terms of the picture, some say its looks like his Majesty, some say maybe, others say no way, for I, it resembles H.I.M and considering that it was customary for all Ethiopian kings to live in the hills and become bahetawi after their reign, the possibility remains open, at this stage, no one can be sure
Mengistu didnt kill him, he didnt get sick, he just disappeared
the picture from Ark I is not a bahetawi because they are usually are much older, have dreads and beards and are identified by the color of their monks garb

Most of us could not do what the bahetawi do and have done for thousands of years, including Rasta people,
these guys belonged to the oldest tradition in the world and they have a message for the people

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/5/2010 7:51:01 AM

lol
first it was
the prophets were nazarenes and now Selassie I has re-emerged as one.

now its
the possibility remains open, at this stage, no one can be sure

So a which one is it, yuh dog face hypocrite ?

an yuh dare to speak about brotherhood ? how yuh speak with your forked tongue so ? Jah forbid ini have a brother like yuh

brotherhood? let i see ,
yuh neva walk barefoot wid your brother, yuh neva sit in a cave and iditate wid your brother, yuh neva pray wid your face pon hard ground wid your brother, yuh neva give all that yuh possess an humble thyself before the Lord, yuh never had to rely on strangers and the faith that Jah will provide for your daily bread, yuh neva sit up night an day fe learn Jah wisdom an knowledge wid only a dim candle to light up yuh darkness, yuh neva live de livity that yuh brother live
No, but yuh go and see yuh brother walkin and yuh ask a few questions, and NOW, yuh is ready fe go out and package and sell your brother livity, which inna reality, yuh nah hav the slightest clue of what yuh talkin about
Is that wht yuh call brotherhood ?

and then yuh waan fe tell i that yuh wrote a book, and it jus so appen, by coincidence that yuh heard about this rumour about His Majesty
dirty liar
yuh mus think say ini are deaf dumb an blind
it neva appen so
what happen is, yuh heard this foolish rumour, and now yuh waan fe capitalize from this so called hidden knowlegde

yes, i must say, what yuh are doing is a clever marketing plan
but unfortunately for yuh, Jah Jah see and know everything.

In all truth, i coulda sit here and point out how many WRONG things yuh have already said about the Bahetawi
but why should i ? Make a fool of yurself, mek the people dem see

just stop thinkin yuh are fooling anyone, yuh are not

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/5/2010 9:47:25 AM

Fikre Jahnhoi,

Yes I, those are good points the I is making. It comes again to what the I was saying about the many people who are not RasTafarI, but have written about I and I, and how much of what they say is not what RasTafarI is about because they don't Iverstand RasTafarI. And even in those cases, most of them actually spoke to some RasTafarI people, they didn't just write about them after seeing them with their eyes and doing some research of what other people have said about them.

On another note, there wasn't really a need to call Tyson "dog face". I Iverstand the emotions the I is feeling because of the offence the I sees in what Tyson is doing, but the I rebuke is good without calling him "dog face", that didn't add anything of value.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/5/2010 10:55:57 AM

his intentention was CLEAR as a day form the get go, sell book in the name of RastafarI .I and I no fools maybe you should sell it to those people who you said never had a problem with your plan.
You never realy answered i and i questions. You have a good way of twisting words.So no more questions form me.
you wrote bahtawian are identified by thier grab colour..lol just funny.Below are 3 pic. those are pictures of bahtawian. No dreads,different colour cloths they look alike etc etc so i know will not say they are not bahtwian.Most of them wear yellow, but that's not a must...i wounder you know what they hide under thier robe?

EXCUSES I FOR THE BIG PICTURE

take your wickedness away satan stand behind i
Haile I Selassie I Jah RastafarI

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/5/2010 12:03:03 PM

I will stand firm in the faith
too much negativity from people on the forum, rather than make these comments, those who disagree should be making their own points,
a conversation about the ancient traditions of Ithiopia should not led to cussing and fighting
anyone who wants to have good reasoning, I am still interested
to the others, guidance and protection

give Jah the glory

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 1/5/2010 2:08:06 PM

Greetings,I have been reading this reasoning and it has been more on the picture than the book.As was said in past the I don't need a picture to know if JAH is alive it's what's in I's heart.I's question is did the I dwell w/ the Bahetawi in InI time in I-thopia?And if the I did for how long?I know most people who writes the books usually lives with the tribe or culture for a long time. "HAILE SELASSIE" JAH LOVE!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/5/2010 2:18:28 PM

Tyson already said,
-------------------------------------
My experience with the bahetawi in Ethiopia was not an 'interaction with them' , that would not have been possible. I simply had the chance to see them and asked the question, who are they? That was seven years ago, after doing some research I found lots of interesting stuff.
-------------------------------------

I am assuming when he said he asked the question "who are they?", it was a question he asked in his head after seeing them and didn't actually ask the Bahtawi who they are.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/5/2010 2:28:34 PM

Tyson, you said,
-----------------------
a conversation about the ancient traditions of Ithiopia should not led to cussing and fighting
-----------------------

I will say again, I and I issue with what you have said is not an issue with the ancient traditions of Ithiopia. No matter how many times you go back to that and try to make it look that way won't change the Truth.

This is not like a spoken conversation where it is easy to distort things and make things appear different then they are because people don't remember exactly what was said previously. All the words people wrote can be seen in the pages before, and where the issue resides can also be seen.

The issue is not with the Bahtawi, or with their tradition or with ancient traditions of Ithiopia or any such thing. I and I have been clear what the issues are.

In regards to the biggest issue, at least from I perspective. Anybody coming here trying to promote that monk's picture as Selassie I will be responded to accordingly. If not by somebody else, for sure by I. That deception will be confronted at every turn.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/5/2010 2:56:18 PM

is that you on the film Tyson?just wondering words are almost identical

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I