Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=111

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2010 9:35:54 PM

The thing about 120 years has nothing to do with Revelations. The I should Learn more about he Bible if the I is going to make such references.

It was just something that was mentioned here.

Gen.6
[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
[2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Selassie I caused man to live longer in earlier times, but by that point people had gone very far from Selassie I and they could not live so long with all their wickedness.

Here are a few people who lived several hundred years. There are also others mentioned in this same chapter.

Genesis 5

[5] And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

[8] And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died.

[11] And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died.

[14] And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years: and he died.

Selassie I is God, so there is not such foolishness of God's "spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years." That doesn't apply to Selassie I because Selassie I is God.

God's Spirit never leaves God. Selassie I is One.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/21/2010 11:32:40 AM

The concept of 120 years should not be dismissed so easily, if it is in the scriptures then there is a message behind it.

Its not just about living to 120 years but rather represents something much deeper and its related to the Christ mysteries.

If you do some research, you will find the information...

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 1/21/2010 2:36:41 PM

Tyson, the i wrote:

"If you do some research, you will find the information..."

please reveal it if it can bring InI forward.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2010 4:59:53 PM

Tyson,

Do I know the I?

If the I is the same Tyson I am thinking of, I and I have run into eachother from time to time, mostly in Kensington Market.

I am just curious if the I is the same one, or somebody else.

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/21/2010 9:09:10 PM

Sorry it was not Revelations but Genesis. However the point I was trying to make should still stand. The 120 years is in the bible. I just did not know it's exact location. We must keep in mind, that prophecies describing Selassie I is not only limited to Revelations.

The 120 years reference is describing the length of time that Selassie I will dwell on this earth. Once God/Selassie I leaves this earth (no longer dwelling with man) then the end of the wicked kingdom will fall in 2012.

For future reference, if I have a memorized text, I will Google it first to confirm chapter and verse.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2010 9:15:47 PM

If the I look at what the I said,

-----------------------------
I saw a video on youtube that stated that Selassie I was born in 1892. Now if you add the 120 yeasr of the life of the son of man as described in Revelations you come up with 2012. Lets do the math.

1892 + 120 = 2012

Prophecy fullfiled
-----------------------------

The I was relating the son of man described in Revelations with 2012 and 120 years and said prophesy fulfilled.

So since the mention of 120 years was not in Revelations, it doesn't fit with what the I was trying to imply with 120 years and 2012. And on top of that, the 120 years had nothing to do with a prophesy about Christ. It was the approximate maximum possible lifespan given to man after that time in history.

So the point the I was trying to make does not stand.

Messenger: Life Africa Sent: 1/21/2010 9:22:32 PM

Many reason on passages that describe man. Infact was not Jesus called "the son of man"? Is there not a bible passage that states that God will not tarry with men always? And if 120 years is the max, then how does one explain men living for centuries as described in the old testament? And is there not another passage that states that God gave man 3 score and 10 years? 3 score and 10 = 70. 70 years is the allowed max, and anytghing else is by the grace of God. Is this not true my brother? Or do you want me to Google the passages?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2010 10:32:09 PM

The I said,
-----------------------
Infact was not Jesus called "the son of man"?
-----------------------

Yes

The I said,
-----------------------
Is there not a bible passage that states that God will not tarry with men always?
-----------------------

Look up one of I previous posts on this page.

The I said,
-----------------------
And if 120 years is the max, then how does one explain men living for centuries as described in the old testament?
-----------------------

Look up one of I previous posts on this page.

And in addition to what was said a few posts above. I intentionally said approximate in I previous post, because the 120 years is a generalization. Even after that was declared, some lived longer, some lived shorter.

The I said,
-----------------------
And is there not another passage that states that God gave man 3 score and 10 years? 3 score and 10 = 70. 70 years is the allowed max, and anytghing else is by the grace of God. Is this not true my brother? Or do you want me to Google the passages?
-----------------------

-----------------------
Psalms 90

1. [10] The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
-----------------------

Again, another generalization, and this time a generalization made by man. Some live less than 70 years, some live more than 80 years.

I don't know what point the I thought the I was making in that last post, but it doesn't give any more support to what the I was talking about 120 years and 2012.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/22/2010 9:01:06 PM

In terms of the Christ mysteries, I am refering to concepts of ascension and prophethood. I am looking at Christ as both a historical event and eternal figure
The process of transformation from man to angel (christ) follows a pattern, its not quick but rather takes places gradually over the person life

In terms of the 120 years, there are references to this cycle in the Bible and other holy scriptures

For example, Moses lived to be 120 and when he 'passed', the Isrealites entered the Promised Land, his life can be divided into 3 phases, each around 40 years

Saul, David and Solomon combined, reigned for 120 years, 40 years each

Noah was given 120 year warning before the flood

there are more verses on this this cycle in the scriptures, therefore there must be something relevant to 120 years

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 1/22/2010 10:14:24 PM

I agree with Ark I that 120 years has nothing to do with Revelations. Just becuase 120 years occurs in other areas of the Bible doesn't mean it applies to Selassie I and the Book of Revelation.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I