Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1636&start_row=21

Re: Bahetawi (s)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tyson Sent: 12/31/2009 5:56:09 PM

Here is another reasoning about the monk picture Haile Selassie is still alive video - deception

Im interested in open dialogue and good reasoning, if its all negative talk then there is no point. Its important that we can share our ideas, even if there is disagreement and your response tells me that wont happen.
guidance to you my friend

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 12/31/2009 6:15:59 PM

good dialogue and the exchange of ideas is the key
also, like most authors, the plan is try and sell the book and use any funds generated to work on other projects involving Rastafari, documentary etc
It might help to begin by finding out what people know of the bahetawi at this point, for they are not well-known and a basic understanding of them is important.
Today, most of them are hidden throughout the country but I saw them in Addis Ababa in a place called Entoto where Menelik built his palace and where the city was first settled. Its important to know that Addis Ababa was built specifically where it is today because the sorrounding mountains where heavily populated by bahetawi. Also, on a few trips to monastic communities like Debra Libanos, I saw more.
What do you think of the bahetawi monks?
Have you heard much about them?

blessings

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 12/31/2009 7:46:27 PM

My aunts husband who is amhara told me about the Bahetawi, he said they only come down to the towns and cities to teach to the people, they are given food by the people because a worker is worthy of his wages, thats all i know

one love

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/1/2010 1:14:54 AM

That is true, they did go into towns and cities and preach to the people. But there is much more. The bahetawi play a fundamental role in the Ethiopian church and they have done so throughout its long history. They are associated with the monastic life and their commitment to the ascetic path has seperated them from the rest of society. To really understand the bahetawi, a deep look into the mystical experience of asceticism is crucial. Here you will find some of the missing links.

Messenger: Young Lion Sent: 1/1/2010 12:40:55 PM

i found this video from a bahetawi, if someone could translate

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 1/1/2010 3:29:25 PM

I have tried to translate. some words i just could hear clearly.
Give thanks for the film Young Lion.

blessed Senbet
------------------------------------------------------------------
Let all cry priests, monks, kings, professors, doctors even the lowest of all classes etc let all Ethiopian cry. why?
David cried so let all the kings cry
Zechariah cried so let all the priests cry.
Monk cried so let all saint Stefano’s monks cry, not only Stefano’s but also the Nazarene bahtawi (he says some thing but I could make that out) let them cry let all cry.
Farmers, business man.
You get drunk while the country is going wrong?
While people die you drink?
People fall like leaf by disease …yet you dance?
It’s Not just talking on the radio and newspaper……..
….my people… Jah is found through tears.
Lets see a woman who found Jah through tears. If you see 1 Samuel chapter 1 verse 9…
Hannah.
Eli was a monk he used to smoke the tabernacle of Zion with incense .Hannah on the other hand got gold, silver. She had everything, but also she had another thing as well she’s got stress, distress, curse, etc because she had no child. Even if her husband comforted her and told her he wouldn’t leave her she said…never.
Let my Lord grant me a child that I can kiss.
(At this point the monk is telling the story from verse 11-16 of 1 Samuel chapter 1)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the real message is when he said Jah is found through tears.

short word sound power.

Messenger: Tyson Sent: 1/1/2010 6:28:32 PM

Sights like bahetawi preaching to crowds is common in Ethiopia. There are some well-known bahetawi who preach around Addis Ababa, they have trained and studied in order to earn this position. Yet, there are older bahetawi who have lived in monastic communities for 20 to 50 years, they have lived an ascetic life for decades, spending most of their lives in meditation, prayer, isolation and self-reflection. These bahetawi have reached incredible heights of spiritual development and have the ability to greatly influence the rest of society. They are the foundation of the Church, its saints and holy men who have 'become like angels'. This is why the image of H.I.M as a bahetawi is not surprising.
Notice in the translation of the video he mentions 'nazarene bahetawi'. Rasta's are nazarenes, the prophets were nazarenes and now Selassie I has re-emerged as one. There is more to come.

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/1/2010 7:32:48 PM

lol, keep your guidance for yourself, and i man is not your friend.

i man a just wait until you get to the mystery part

gwaan, o great revealer of mystery, tell ini something ini dont know already

Messenger: Fikre Jahnhoi Sent: 1/1/2010 8:44:03 PM

Jah Bird i man giving thanks for the words iyah, most interesting

mi look and see even the man like Jah Bird who know enough of de Ithiopian culture to translate de words to english, even he dont come and claim to have any mystery to reveal
yet this man come outta nowhere and claim this and that, missing links and mysteries and more to come

lol, if de i dem dont find that funny something wrong with the i dem sense of humour

see mi, i coulda never look pon a mans skin color and try judge what his actions are, but i can look pon a mans actions and guess what skin color he might be fairly accurately, and if mi had to guess, i would say this man is a white man. I coulda be wrong, but in i trod, it is usually white people who have the audacity to claim such things, now he want to tell i seh him have mysteries to unfold ? why, so him can exploit ini African culture and sell it out ?
no sah, nothin nah go so, i am not having that

this man actually said, it makes a lot of sense that he is alive and well? because of a picture ??????????????????????????????????
and the i dem still a listen to him ?

Messenger: WarriorsConquer Sent: 1/2/2010 2:40:24 PM

Raspek to the Idren under Fikre Jahnoi. Bahetawi is a source of controversy. Look into left hand path yoga. It like Alpha Blondy sing, is a Black Samurai. Look into the history of the Samurai's relationship to the Emperor, They rebel but at the same time sworn to death to defend HIM.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 168

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I