Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=4392&start_row=51

The Power Of Jesus Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/4/2012 2:01:54 PM

chica,

Needless to hear it directly from King Selassie-I that He is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ!

All we have to do is look at the life and works of Selassie-I, and see if He really fulfilled the prophecy about the Messiah...........
...see if His works were godly or ungodly, and decide from what is written in the Scriptures, seen?

For instance, He loved the little children far much more than any other world leader does...this is typical of the Messiah, seen?
Moreover, He was the most peaceful ruler of the 20th century, if not of all time...which is characteristic of the Messiah, seen?
He also conquered Mussolini...fulfilling the prophecy that says that the Son of Man shall prevail against the wicked in battle, seen?

Only to mention but a few reasons why Selassie-I is regarded by Rastafarians as God or Christ!

Raspect..

Messenger: chica Sent: 8/4/2012 2:23:48 PM

Brother Ras, I am at a crossroad. That is where these questions are coming from.

So much of what rasta life promotes is the way I naturally live my life, so that its philosophy seems very familiar; like I've been living it all the while without putting a name to it.

My one concern is the question in my mind of HIM being Christ reincarnated. I do believe HIM was an excellent leader, a man of faith, a man who promoted love of fellow man, a man of good works.

But these same things can be said about my own father. Yet I know my father is not Christ reincarnated. Seen?

So then the question in my mind becomes: Can you Chica, ever be identified as a rastaw if you question HIM as being the Christ?
Is it enough to just know that You are a child of the Christ and do your best to adhere to His commandments?

This is the question I am challenged with.

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/5/2012 5:41:28 AM

Sistren,

To be a Rastafarian, one must start by believing that Marcus-I was a prophet, a black prophet, that what he prophesied was true, in particular his prophecies about the black race and the black King,
and then move on to Emmanuel-I and Selassie-I, seen?
One must accept this Trinity as the manifestation of the return of Christ, in order for them to become a Rastafarian, seen?

So when the prophet Marcus-I told the black people that they would soon be saved from captivity by a black King who would be crowned in Africa, all the people who heard him and who held some spirituality set their eyes vigilantly towards Africa awaiting the promised King.
This marked the beginning of the Rastafari Movement...just that small congregation of those people who awaited this King was enough to start the movement, seen?
So these believers who waited for the coronation of that black King had already proclaimed that this would be the return of Christ, to save His people from Babylon.
Thus Haile Selassie-I was regarded by those people as the return of Christ before His coronation, but soon after Marcus-I had promised the people a Saviour, seen?

So in 1930, when these people received the news that a black King had been crowned in Africa who is from the line of David, they burst into great joy because the words of the black Prophet had been fulfilled.........so they knew this was the promised Messiah!

That is how Rastafarians began worshipping King Selassie-I, seen?

And to answer your question fully, I will respond with the stardard definition of a Rastafarian;
A Rastafarian is a person who holds that blacks are the chosen people, that Haile Selassie-I is the second coming of Christ, and that blacks shall eventually return to their Africa, seen?

So you can't be regarded as a Rastafarian if you reject Selassie-I as the reincarnation of Christ.

Seen?

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/5/2012 6:01:29 AM

chica,

Your father could never be Christ no matter how good he was,
because there was no Elijah sent before him.......
...you see, God says He would send Elijah to prepare the way for Christ,
thus was Marcus-I to Selassie-I, seen?

Raspect..

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 8/5/2012 12:42:46 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 12:45:11 PM

1forTruth,

This forum is for Rasta who sight Selassie I as God. Even you don't accept that, go to another website.

RasTafarI is Lord of Lords and Savior

Messenger: Ras Kanjas Sent: 8/5/2012 1:08:58 PM

Undeniable..

Messenger: SOERASTA02 Sent: 8/5/2012 3:08:08 PM

1forTruth,

This forum is for Rasta who sight Selassie I as God. Even you don't accept that, go to another website.

RasTafarI is Lord of Lords and Savior

Idren that is like sayin Yesuah is only for people who is already Christians...

Respect and love,

Messenger: 1forTruth Sent: 8/5/2012 9:19:43 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 8/5/2012 9:36:07 PM

1fortruth,

I already know that Selassie I is a Christian and accepts Jesus Christ.

Selassie I is God and a True Christian.

He is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah spoken of in the Book of Revelation.

Don't come to this website with your brand of misunderstanding. This is not a Christafari site, this is a RasTafarI site.

-----------------------------------
Seasons change, and in this New Season I don't want to hear any kind of talk that says Selassie I is not Jah on this forum. Everybody is free to see Selassie I any way they want, I won't try to stop them, but I am not interested in hearing about it.

There are also a lot of other things that I am not interested in hearing about. They will be shown as time passes.

I tolerated much of all different kinds of talk in the past Season, wasting I time going around in fruitless circles with people, but that Season is now gone and a New One has come.

I am looking for fruitful reasonings, and removing distractions that attempt to be obstacles in I and I path.

Another thing that I am not interested in hearing about, is why people think I shouldn't change the way I am changing in this New Season, because I know why I should. Just as I know that the People who are of Like mind with I will also Iverstand why I should, and will enjoy the fruitfulness of this New Season.

When I and I gather together in person or reason on the phone or reason on this internet, however I and I are able to Imunicate, as long as I and I are speaking of the fruits given to I and I by the Most High; whenever I and I gather so, it is I and I Tabernacle and Sanctuary and Jah is there with I and I. Also when I and I are alone with Jah, it is I and I Tabernacle and Sanctuary and Jah is there with I and I.

I and I Tabernacle and Sanctuary must be purified until only fruitfulness comes out of it. And distractions are an obstacle to fruitfulness.
-----------------------------------

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I