Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3539&start_row=81

raw food diet/alkaline/recipes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/28/2015 4:22:04 AM

Yu had white spots bcos yu were not preparing ital de right way. So de fact dat yu did not know how to preapare a certain type of ital doesn't mean de problem was with de ital but de problem was with yu. De problem is not de grains but de problem is dat de one who complains about grains doesn't know how to prepare dem. Yu can't just eat raw beans then accuse dem of bein poisonus when it is known dat yu have to cook beans to remove poisen & improve palatability & nutrition. Seen.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/28/2015 9:22:52 AM

im a little bit confused right now.

blackheart, i really dont know why all of this bothers you that much. man, i tell you. i dont promote nothing.

if i get you right you say that the effects of phytic acid, gluten and carbs are just part of white brainwashing and teachings of babylon doctors. i say it again. to me, everybody can believe that. but sorry. especially what ive said about sugar is really just an internationally accepted fact and i cant agree that people who live ital cant protect themself from the real problems which are caused by phytic acid and sugar.

i never said that i eat meat, i didnt suggest it and the only time ive talked about it was by mentioning the paleo diet which followers are presenting certain articles about grain.

eating meat isnt ital. especially pork. most people internationally eat too much grain to me. why cant an italist be careful when it comes to natural food as well. if everything natural is ital i can swallow stones and bite in a tree without thinking you know. dont know what the matter about me speaking about grain. please see i dont want to confuse people, i want to come up with something helpful. at least thats my intention.

all the time you say that we or especially i wouldnt be an italist or not a true italist who doesnt know what to eat but if its all about the opinion that an italist have to call studies on grain a pure lie then i cant agree with it and yes, then im not an italist regarding your definition of it. i try to agree with that. i try to learn but in this case we have different opinions.

and whats really strange about it...tonight im going to eat some rice for dinner. so like ive said...all i do is sometimes i skip things to replace them to eat something that will help my body more.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/28/2015 9:34:01 AM

now ive read your last post, blackheart. dont we even agree most of the time? its about preparing things. soaking or yes...if you ask me even skipping things to make place for other stuff...is a good form or preparing food or the right menu.

eating grain is ital but we must be careful. if you believe some knowledge regarding grain is brain washing then i can live with it. i always careful about things like that too but i believe in the danger of weath and other grain in huge quantities.

so i will digest all of this and try to be humble as well. i will look up some real ital recipes because ive already said everything i wanted to say.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/29/2015 4:20:39 PM

Brother Reasoningtime. I man not disputing de fact dat phaytic acid & gluten can be problematic, but what I man was tryin to reason out was dat de I must not generalise & seh grains are a problem. However I must seh dat life is deeper than I & I talk. Some people have alergies to some itals. I know deh is truth within what yu seh but de problem is how yu present it. I know some grains are problematic to some people but not all. Blessed Love still

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/29/2015 6:26:34 PM

yes, blackheart. seen. maybe it was too much posting all of this in a row. of course im influenced by your opinion as well. i was thinking about grain the last few days and i was surprised that other people who live ital as well are careful about grain too.

maybe this african woman can say it better than i can. she basically says all whati wanted to say: http://rastawifeline.blogspot.de/2012/08/crazy-for-cous-cous.html
she also mentions meat. not because she says its ital but to speak about unhealthy food in general. this was just the first site i went to to check for ital recipes.

youre right. everthing with carbs is ital. i dont tell everybody to have a special diet which is careful about carbs in general. how can i say it. its simple. i just say we should, like youve said it, prepare our food propperly ona a daily basis. but not even i myself is a perfect role model. everybody can read about nutrients. grain itself is ital. but its always good to check for new recipes to get the most out of the food.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/30/2015 2:22:02 AM

When a car has engine problem it may produce thick black smoke from its exhoust pipes due to incomplete combustion. Dat car usualy waste fuel due to ineficient utilisation of de fuel. Fo de problem of dat car yu can't blame de fuel but yu can blame de fault in de car. De same applies to human bodies when yu diabetic de problem is not realy de sugar from de carbs but de problem is de fault in de body dat result in inefficient utilisation of de sugar. Insufficient insulin is diabetis. Seen

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/30/2015 2:34:54 AM

So to prevent diabetis yu don't nescessarily have to avoid or minimise carbohydrates but yu have to minimise or avoid proccesed carbohydrates. Use whole wheat flour instead of white flour, use whole grain maize meal instead of white maize meal, use brown rice instead of white bleached rice, eat sugar cane instead of white sugar crystals. De point is when yu eat carbs ( grains, roots, stems, tubers, fruits, nuts, legumes vegetables) in their natural unprocessed state yu minimise chances of diabetis

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/30/2015 5:48:09 AM

oh yes. im not too deep into it but i know there also is a thing called GI (glycemic index). it shows how fast the sugar gets into your blood.

a water melon for example has a very high GI while babylon sweets with crystal sugar have a lower one. but the problem with those sweets is that they have way more sugar than the melon in general.

this was a nice comparison. of course the problem is part of the body, not of the food, but if someone would eat too much of the wrong food youve mentioned the body cant deal with all of the sugar any longer and this can lead to diabetes. so yes, its all about avoiding the babylon kind of food, preparing food but at the same time we dont need to avoid natural things like grain and nuts in general just because of phytic acid and carbs.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/31/2015 1:19:15 AM

Yes I Lord. Minimising & avoiding carbs by a vegan is not healthy. Why? bcos if yu do dat then yu risk havin low energy levels & losing too much weight. Rmember most of we vegans have light weight bodies so we can't afford to lose any further weight. Fats can be used as a substitude fo carbs in providing energy like those articles say but de problem with it is dat it needs to be taken in small amount to avoid malnutrition. Too much fats is more has more diabetis risks than too much carbs. Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/31/2015 1:37:16 AM

In as far as diabetis is concerned deh are two main types. One is mostly inherited which means yu born with it & yu suffer it iregardless of de diet yu follow. Yo body just don't produce enough insulin to utilise & control blood sugar. De other one yu tend to get it when yu bcome over-weight. In dis type, too much fats in de body inhibit de action & effects of insulin on de blood sugar ( just like salt in hard water inhibit de effects of soap on dirty clothing). A balanced meal is vital

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I