Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3539&start_row=21

raw food diet/alkaline/recipes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/28/2009 9:20:48 PM

Blessed love Empress Yaa,
I searched but could not find any quotes from muta on Bobos and Emmanuel. What was it he said?

Give thanks.
Igziabhier Yimesgen.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/29/2009 6:25:26 AM

He is frequently dropping word on his radio show about little things like InI eating fish (not sushi, so it must get cooked), and dropping word about Founder, President, God and King (the usual scribes and pharisee line). That is not the parts of his talking they will publish, innit. Plus, he cannot make 'speech' on the matter... only in his radio ramblings.

I hear you anyway. Give thanks for the meds.

I think I will still be eating rice, and fried plantain, and potatoes (I especially like them mash), and curry, and sip [soup]. I won't be juicing beansprouts and mixing grated carrots with raisins; calling that dinner :p

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/29/2009 7:17:02 AM

I find Muta tries to talk a lot about what he thinks Rasta is, but it is exactly that....what HE thinks.

hahah, Well do enjoy your cooked food Empress! As I do enjoy mine too! The meal sounds good, lol.

Give thanks!

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/29/2009 9:08:05 AM

If I and I criticize each other about the food we eat, then that is distracting us from the necessary works I and I need to perform. It is not right to even critisice someone for eating flesh(death), because it is their choice. If someone eats meat it does not make them any less alive than someone who doesn't. Look at Ethiopia, many ones and ones eat meat, but it does not mean they are any less Iritual and alive than I and I. I know there are many ones who eat the flesh of dead animals, yet are very Iritual..so through isperience of life I know that what we eat is of little significance in the scheme of things. ( I am not saying what we eat is not of importance, I am just saying that in comparison to the works that we must perform...it is of little importance) I know many ones who eat flesh, yet still perform the necessary works, helping others.

Works come first, then food. If one is doign the works, and feels the vibe to leave out the flesh and animal products, then let them be so. If one chooses to itinue eating flesh, then let them be so....because they are still doign the works. If one chooses to stop cooking...then let them be so...it is their choice, once they itinue to do the works, and keep all their focus on that.

I have seen ones put more focus into the food they put in their mouths, instead of putting all the focus into Jah works that are to be done. And then because they eat a certain way, they then look down on others who don't...because they think because they eat a certain way they are better. I see this all the time, not only with food, but with religion and such....haughtiness.

Muta cannot criticise a one for eating fish or even flesh for that matter...because he does not know the works a one may be doing. Muta can talk about His Majesty, then criticise a one for eating fish?!?! Lol bobo bredrin and sistrin are performing works..lol is cutting out fish more important than continuing to do those works??

His Majesty said to organise and centralise....now how are I and I going to do this if we make a big deal about what ones eat? I mean we all will have differences, THIS IS REALITY. So I and I need to come toghether despite whatever differences. Pointing out the differences will not get us anywhere, we gotta point out what we share in common.....that is the teachings and principles of His Majesty Qedemawi Haile Selassie. We have to hold to these principles, we should not be holding onto such petit things such as what one puts in their mouth and whether one cooks or not.

Christ said it is not what goes in that defiles, but what comes out. His Majesty showed I and I this too, because His Majesty ate flesh. Now would Muta criticise His Majesty? Or would any of the fundamentalist vegetarians criticise His Majesty? I know He ate meat, but I also know that NOTHING unclean came out of his mouth, and I know that His Majesty is of the LIVING...yet he ate the flesh of dead animals.

So you see, This is why I think that what one eats is of little significance in the shceme of things. We got more important things to put our focus into. Works must be done!

lol the most italist eater in the world still aint got nothing if he don't got Jah. Do I and I think that Jah cares what we eat (once it is not unclean, because he was clear with his commands). Yeshua already told I and I what he want us to do....and that is LOVE. lol being a vegan or a raw foodist is not of significance in His eyes.

I and I eat ital for our own well being, not because it assures us a place in the kingdom.

Blessed love brothers and sisters!
Jah live!
Igziabhier Yimesgen!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/29/2009 10:39:27 AM

It is not only for our well being. It is because I and I are Hola and Isecrated unto Jah, so I and I vessel must be pure and without dead. Also, it is for I and I Iritual works, because the cleaner our vessel is, the better able I and I will be at trodding through the Irits, every impurity and death within our system will reduce this capability, and I and I don't need any reductions in this Iwa.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/29/2009 1:22:15 PM

they said Christ was a fisherman.

thee I them must be careful about throwing around the 'dead'/'death' talk... and talking cooked vegetables is dead and all that. Sounds like folly and confusion to me.

this is how you lot bring argument for Boboshanty, and when InI start to get offence we get the tag. Cos u know full well what are the insinuations when u start to talk this new age foodism stuff and put it in livity. Tell me, who declared this?

I never said ones have to cook their food. I asked what are the benefits, and here comes the talk about one feels more 'alive' as opposed to eating dead and all that. That does not make a sound argument. At least in regards meat eating we know about the duration that meat is held in the human body, not digesting but decomposing making bodies prone to bacteria's, illnesses, cholestoral (spelling?) and all that. Some of us are dairy intolerant, and none dairy. We generally should not eat eggs for as much the reason of cholestoral as any other.

So... what are the added benefits of a raw food diet as opposed to a vegetarian (or vegan, or veggie/fish, or veggie/dairy, non meat, or whatever) livity?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/29/2009 2:44:40 PM

Yaa, I am assuming the I was refering to Ras I-Tom. But just in case, when I spoke of dead, I was talking about dead flesh, not cooked food.

The I shouldn't get offended about what another person's opinion is about eating fish, raw food or whatever. Bobo also have there guidelines about what should or should not be eaten. I don't eat everything a Bobo eats, and I eat some things that Bobo don't eat.

As long as the I is comfortable with what the I eats, then there is not a problem. The problem comes when a person eats things that they themselves are not agreeable with, so they might feel guilty the times they eat it.

I have declared before that I don't eat any animals from the land, air or water, but I eat some dairy products like cheese. I am mostly comfortable with what I eat and don't eat, and have I reasons for it. I don't worry about what a next person thinks I should or shouldn't eat, unless I am convinced about what they are telling I, and then I work to make a change. When I have spoken about what I eat or don't eat, some people say I shouldn't eat dairy products, but I eat them still.

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 5/29/2009 5:48:07 PM

I am yet to make a deal of what Immanuel livity says relates to livity and food. I never said everyone should eat as Bobo. Thats why I'm saying what is all this thread going on about eating raw food as some kind of heights, like its to do with origination and all that... when its really only to do with opinion and choice.

Thats exactly what I'm saying Ark-I... when did flags start to go up about dead eating and all that stuff.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 5/29/2009 7:49:18 PM

I was not trying to promote raw foodism, as I have said already, I don't live that way (although I would like to for a time, so I can feel it, and know).

And what I had said about cooked food, I was just saying that when food is cooked it looses some of it's nutrients and that enzymes are destroyed. (This is what I have read, I obviously do not know this for fact). And based on what I read I gave my ipinion.

I didn't want to cause any offence whatsoever in waht I said, I jsut want the I them to know this.

I fully agree with what Ark I said, eat how one feels confortable eating. If one feels the ights in raw food, then so be, if one feels the ights as a lacto vegetarian or a pescetarian, then so be. If one still hold ights while eating flesh, then so be it.

I was not posting in the thread to make a big deal about the food I and I eat...I just found the topic of raw food livity interesting, and from what I have heard of other ones isperiences, it sounds like a ights. And I would honestly like to try it for a time.

I have met iritual brothers and sisters who eat meat, fish, cheese, egg...all different diets.....but they all did Jah works and were led by teh same Irit as I and I.

And Yaa, I think the I is right. I should be careful when referring to what one eats as death.

I do hope the I them have a blessed sabbath!

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 5/29/2009 10:38:16 PM

Blessed, I know ones and ones are in a deep reasonment on this, but I can I please have I question answered?

I give thanks for the info, but now I am asking for some recipes ones and ones prepare on a daily basis..It would be appreciloved..I don't mean raw, I'm not ready for that, but wanted some info. But, I do want some ital recipes..PLEASE!!!

Give thanks

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I