Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3539&start_row=41

raw food diet/alkaline/recipes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 5/31/2010 7:52:26 PM

I tried the Congo Moambe recipe, its was Good. I used cajun pepper instead of cayenne pepper, I didn't use olive oil.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/2/2010 10:43:08 PM

Nice to hear the I tried it. A lot of people who I made the dish for thought they wouldn't like it, but after trying it, they liked it quite alot.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 5/16/2013 9:50:12 PM

I been raw food intake for about 4 years

Tomato Marinara : Goes good With raw essene bread or Raw zucchini noodles

2-4 tomatoes
about 1/4 cup dried tomatoes soaked
1/4 basil
sum rosemary
litle bit oregano
olive oil
garlic
a date or two
half of lemons juice

Blend it all up to desired consistency and use with bread or noodles

almond or cashew cheese
blend soaked nuts with lemon juice little bit water(less for thicker) and some sea salt(optional) or sea weed, can add hot pepper or herbs and spices of choice

Essene Bread

soak 1 and a half cup of flak seed an half cup sesame and half cup sunflower in water for at least 8 hours then drain water and blend or process into a mash and spread out on a tray to dry out and cook in sun or in a dehydrator or in oven at lowest temperature possible
can blend it add also garlic onions herbs of choices be creative

kale Salad
some kale
some parsley
lemon juice
olive oil
honey
black pepper
crushed red pepper
Hemp seeds

can add anything else to this.. this is basic salad and Ital livin nutritious

Banana Ice cream

put ripe bananas in a blender chopped up in freezer...freeze and blend or put in food processor or something

can add blended dates with strawberry blueberry or carob for a topping

Raw apple Pie

Crust: blend almonds and dates
or any nuts and raisens or dates ,dries apricots...

fill with chopped apples

sprinkles on nutmeg and cinnamon

pour over it all blended dates with oranges juice

fill

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/13/2015 11:46:40 AM

sounds delicious. man, i loved to eat maffe all my lie. rice or bulgur, sweet potatos, carrots, tofu or soy products, maybe turnip, onions, pepper, garlic, tomato water and peanut butter.

yes. but thats where i get a little bit confused. since i live ital i havent eat peanut butter. youre sure its ital? i think its a problem for almost everyone of us to produce it ourself and if you buy it its full of non ital oil and even a little bit of salt is used as well.

i think living ital is like being vegan. i know most of us are vegans as well. there are just no real rules. some say honey is vegan, some say it isnt. or it depends on the source. some vegans wont eat certain mushrooms because where i live they use pigs or dogs to collect them or certain by buying certain oils you support the damage the producers are doing to the forrests.

so...

PEANUT BUTTER ITAL? i dont think its always the case

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/13/2015 12:01:54 PM

^Depends on the peanutbutter. Peanuts are definitely Ital, in their natural state.

A product which has 1 ingredient; organic peanuts, I would consider Ital. But again, depends on how strict people are about it. Some wouldn't use anything that had been stored in a jar for a long time, or wouldn't buy anything from shops, in which case it isn't Ital.

For example, this product;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meridian-Organic-Crunchy-Peanut-Butter/dp/B003VJN01I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439481605&sr=8-1&keywords=organic+peanut+butter

1 ingredient; Organic Peanuts Whole Skin On (100%).

What would others think of this particular product?

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/13/2015 12:19:35 PM

yes. i think it depends on your definiton of ital, your lifestyle and your situation. there are even people who say they cant live VEGETARIAN while being on the road. so trying to stay a vegan italist might be harder if youre not a fruitarian.

give thanks! i know there is this thing about an ital lifestyle that you shouldnt eat much convinience products. but if you want peanut butter you have to buy it in a jar anyways i think. so your link looks good. but im careful when it comes to purchasing food online.

but one more thing...you have to be careful about the peanut butter anyways. i mean to live ital means to eat food that keeps you vital, right? and one jar of peanut butter alone has nearly 2500 calories. more than a "normal" adult should eat in one day. but i didnt know that its also full of vitamin b, e, magensium and calcium. so its not as bad as nutella lol

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/13/2015 1:39:13 PM

^Yes, it is high in calories. But calories don't really mean anything to me; it is more about the life force of the food... ie the consciousness of the food.

Peanuts, grown organically, live in a sacred consciousness, this is the way I see it. I eat peanutbutter daily, but I do not have any fat on me.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/16/2015 4:34:07 PM

i just had myself a good pan of maffe.

but i dont know what to think about rice to be frank. even cooking in general. i think the best way to eat it would be without rice (maybe tofu stripes instead) and to eat it raw.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/17/2015 2:21:13 AM

I would say that rice is Ital in it's wholegrain form, unaltered.
Still, not my personal favourite of grains. I prefer barley instead.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/17/2015 8:48:42 AM

yes. its vegan. its ital. but what makes me think about cereals the most is that it is full of carbs.

part of MY ital lifestyle is besides being a vegan to avoid anything from the grapevine (nazarite vow), salt (at least everything over 1% like potato chips) as well as weath and too much sugar.

so i think weath is the worse you can eat. even if youre a vegetarian. bun and cheese for example...not the most healthiest choice. because gluten in the weath will survive the process of digestion in your body because heat cant do anything to it and it will mash up your bowel. especially the small bowel i think. and once youve eaten anything with gluten in it your body will attack it because gluten are an enemy to your body and nutrients and vitamins wont survive this attack as well. so if you eat a whole heap of bread in the morning and even an apple afterwards you wont profit from it.
thats why so many people suffer from bowel problems, headache, diabetis etc.

rice is gluten-free but i dont know if mankind was made to eat those things. mankind is older than rice as we find it today. than weath as we find it today. those things are 7 to 10 thousand yeard old i think. rice may even have a little bit of nutrients but its full of carb and especially if we eat it unconsciously and too much of it everyday we might suffer from diabetis one day and its just a waste of calories.

i dont know. but i will avoid to eat bread. thats for sure.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I