Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3539&start_row=71

raw food diet/alkaline/recipes

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/26/2015 11:58:37 PM

Everything a vegetarian eat contains carbohydrates . nuts, fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, roots & stems all contains carbohydrates. So de only way to avoid carbs as a true vegetarian is to avoid eating. Carbs are digested to simple sugar (glucose) which is fuel fo de body. Diabetese is not caused by eating sugar but is caused by body malfunctions dat result in inability of de body to use sugar & control its level in de blood. yu better ask to lern Ital livity instead of spreading confusion

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/27/2015 8:02:41 AM

its nothing i say or nothing i spread. i only speak about what ive read and what i think is true.

of course everything contains carbs and diabetis is a disease but personally, only what i believe, is at least its true that too much carbs and ESPECIALLY sugar can cause it. if you eat many packages of chocolate bars for a long time it can lead to diabetes. i mean this is so obvious that i think we can say its a fact.

ive never said avoid to let carbs into your body at all. this isnt possible. its all about the amount of carbs. when it comes to the comparison to animals i also have to say that vegan or vegetarian animals (i think sheeps for example were mentioned) have a stomach that works different than the human body. they can handle phytic acid better than we do.

but personally im not even a paleo diet follower. the only thing i agree with, and if you wont its ok, is that too much grain TOGETHER with fruit and veggies doesnt work. this is a fact even gouvernment instituitons admit. or you have to eat more fruit and veggies if you eat a lot of grain to get enough vitamins and nutrients.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/27/2015 8:33:44 AM

Now dats exactely yo problem. Yu talk about junk food when I & I talk about Ital. Yu keep on mentioning non Ital stuff to confuse an Ital reasoning. Those chocolate bars yu talk about aint Ital. Just humble yoself to lern Ital livity. De people who wrote those white wash aticles & magazine yu talk about ain't Italists & their brain wash studies aint based on ital but was about junk food. I man live Ital & I eat plenty of grains, fruits & vegies everyday yet I aint got those problems yu mention.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/27/2015 12:23:10 PM

seen, blackheart. i dont want to raise my finger like a teacher and tell african rastas in here whats ital and whats not. i dont see how i use propaganda or confused theories on this.

babylon chocolate was only an example. what ive talked about wasnt about junk food. no matter what you eat, if its full of sugar (like even eating around 0.22 pounds a day) it CAN cause diabetes. this are no theories of confused people nor propaganda against an ital lifestyle. this is just a common medical fact. this is what a doctor will tell us. thats what i can say about it and personally i think its logical.

but you can eat a lot of sweet things and still be an italist.

this thread is about raw food and recipes and i came here to talk about my love for cooking myself some maffe and what ive read about grains. i dont deal with strict arguments regarding what an italist should or should not eat and that anyone should immitate me.

just because you havent noticed the effects of gluten and phytics acid doesnt mean there arent any of those. i dont see wheres the problem about me speaking about such articles and statistics. i have mentioned a whole heap of diseases already but of course you wont get them that fast. i hope nobody of us will have to deal with them. maybe i myself will suffer from diabetes in a few weeks just like many people i know. i hope not. its not like i say that youre wrong and id be a perfect rolemodel. no way.

to me its not about ital food at all. its just about phytic acid and how every one of us wants to deal with it. i think its completely ok. you cane at rice every day and be an italist. there is no perfect diet and even italists have different opinions. some people think a vegan can eat almost nothing but every vegan is different as well.

i think it would be boring if all would be said and done when it comes to nutrition and everybody would have the same opinion of how to live healthy. if this would be the case any one of us could open up a new thread and all of the answers would be like "thats right" and "yes i".
everybody has his experience, his views and his knowledge and a reasoning, a discussion, helps to overstand things.

so talking to each other by using computers can lead to misunderstandings i think. im dont post something aggressively to convince of you something. i just wanted to share information and certain thoughts.

so i dont see how my thoughts pytics acid (i dont want to eat grains together with veggies), carbs (i want to eat varied) and gluten (i skip weath and rye) can be about junk food only and propafanda against italists. its also about ital food and all i do is asking about what you think how we can profit from our ital livity the most and what i do now.

please dont get me wrong, blackheart. its not meant to be ironic or cynical but i just want to show some humbleness (especially i know i talk to african italists...who follow a natural diet way longer than i do. respect!) and ask whats your definiton of an ital lifestyle?

i dont know why the whole disuccion bothers you that much but i think we even agree when it comes to eating varied (i still eat potatos, rice and bread) and maybe your statement on ital food can help some (junk food and magazine polluted lol) europeans like me to see things even more straight.

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/27/2015 12:50:42 PM

Definitely 100% agree with black heart that grains are Ital. They comprise about 1/3 of my diet, too. My favourites are barley, quinoa, then I also like wheat & rice.

However, reasoningtime raise a good point about phytic acid. I see the way JAH created everything as perfect, so I agree with blackheart on that one that grains don't have "too much this or too little that". However, I would like to share my experience with nuts in particular.

I mentioned a while ago that I began having white spots on my nails. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I read about soaking nuts in order to remove phytic acid (this is the enzyme inhibitor that effectively lets them pass through the gut of an animal unscaved so that it can germinate out the other end). Once removed, the nuts begin to sprout, and immediately become more digestable.

Now all of the white spots on my nails are completely gone, and I started soaking my oats, too for porridge, and all of my previous digestive troubles have vanished.

So I definitely do think that there is something to soaking. "removing the phytic acid" is just a scientific way of putting what happens instinctively with animals. The seeds pass through them undigested so that they can germinate. Soak them, and they sprout, and no longer they pass through un digested.

Well, I can only speak from experience and I can tell you that since soaking the nuts and oats the difference is HUGE. No white spots on nails, no digestive troubles anymore.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/27/2015 1:43:02 PM

yes. seen. this is all what im dealing with, humbleone. i remember your posts about it but back then i didnt know anything about phytic acid. nuts, together with weath and rye, are on top of the list when it comes to things that are full of phytic acid.

blackheart is right. i have my theories. i sit here and eat weath products while telling you something about gluten and phytic acid. but thats the point. i dont say im the perfect italist and id never say grains arent ital. id never say carbs has something to do with an ital lifestyle.

but i dont know whats the matter about me speaking about the pros and contras of grain. i think an italist can do things like that. if you think you get enoug vitamins if you check it thats fine. its really not my business. i dont care at all. see what im talking about, humbleone? thats messures im talking about. i just skip rice if i have eaten too much of it like you would soak your stuff.

and i can only repeat myself...i eat rice, potatos and bread too. im not a paleo diet guy. i believe in carbs as something that keeps us going and its ok to eat it such things here and there. but i think IF you want to get all the nutrients and vitamins you have to eat varied. a simple advice in general. if you already do that, thats cool.

believe in what main stream says about gluten or be really careful like me when it comes to weath. its just a way of dealing with statistics and developments. every italist can eat what he likes. being an italist just means to go for natural products and taking care of healthy, organic food which delivers power, right?

i think my arguments arent worth to be mad. bottom line...there are different statistics about carbs and i say eat varied...

even main stream doctors will at least say phytic acid in large quantities can have a negative effect and i say at least soaking peanuts or skip grain here and there can be helpful...

they say weath and rye are the most dangerous sources plus some people say gluten arent good for your bowel so PERSONALLY im extra careful by avoiding those things. BABYLON weath products are dangerous in many ways but I GET that i speak to people who live ital longer than i do.

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 8/27/2015 2:08:59 PM

@ humbleone.

the spiritual aspect. well, i actually like this statement. "every one of gods creations is perfect".

i always think about that when it comes to respect for other people. for animals. or whenever someone wants to curse the whole world.

but i dont think that this is an excuse when it comes to how we use nature. i dont want to sound smat-aleck or bad-minded but once there was a man who said "many more people will have to suffer, many more will have to die/ dont aks me why" and we have a brain to think like animals have instincts.

especially when it comes to nuclear energy. i say use natural resources...but WISELY.

you know there is a plant called angel trumpet. its a beautiful natural plant. i think we can say god has made it for a purpose. but those guys who burgle into an allotment garden to reach a state of intoxication by abusing this plant cant blame god for their wicked act.

some natural things are poisoned and i believe that everything has a defensive meachnism. even if you eat way to much poppy. i mean not like 5 (babylon) poppyseed buns but poppy can cause a state of intoxication as well. i dont blame god for it.

anything might have not too much or not enough of certain things but we must be conscious and just like an african herbalist knows about his herbs, like a ganjaman knows about good ganja, we must know about using our food in a healthy way. what does this mean? all i say is peanuts are great. thank god for it. but we can blame god for phytic acid. just soak it.

rice is natural. rice is ital. it tastes delicious. nobody has died because of eating rice here and there i think. but if your doctor says you have a lack of nutrients and you remember that youve eaten nothing but rice and weath buns for weeks just change it.

AND THIS IS ALL IM SAYING. soy products have phytics acid too. but next time i make maffe i eat with with tofu or without anything non veggie and afterwards ill eat rice again. its that easy to me.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/27/2015 10:39:06 PM

Reasoningtime. Stop yo confusion. I tell yu I & I eat plenty of grains & vegies everyday yet we aint got those problems yu mention. What is wrong with yu? Yu can't lern with yo brain wash. De other problem with both of yu Joe & Reasoningtime is dat yu rush to spread yo misinformation bfore asking. If both of yu expirienced phytic acid its bcos yu didn't know how to prepare an Ital meal. Yu blame grains & veggies fo your own ignorance. Millions of Africans have grains as de main part of de diet

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/27/2015 10:53:38 PM

Offcurse de thread is about raw food diet but yu reasoningtime diverted it with yo white wash confusion as yu like to do with many threads. Yu not an Italist yet yu think yu can tell Italists what not to eat. Why? Just bcos yu reading meat promotions. Maybe yu don't know dat Italists don't eat meat or any animal product. Yu tell Italists to avoid or minimise carbohydrates. Yo brainwash magazines & doctors tell people to eat meat & fruits instead of high carbs. Are yu promoting de eating of flesh?

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 8/28/2015 2:06:30 AM

"De other problem with both of yu Joe & Reasoningtime is dat yu rush to spread yo misinformation bfore asking."

What do you do with your nuts and grains then, Blackheart?

It is a FACT that since soaking all my nuts and grains, the white spots on my nails have vanished. This is simply an observation that I have made. I don't consider this just a coincidence, but on the other hand I don't want to spread misinformation based on limited experience. I just feel obligued to tell you about my experience; that the spots have gone after doing this. You can interpret why this is happening as you wish for yourself.

But, I don't want to tell other people what to do at all. So, what do you do with the nuts? Do you just eat them dried, or straight off the tree?

All the best,

Joe

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I