Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3067&start_row=81

IS JESUS CHRIST REALY LUCIFER?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 153
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/1/2008 10:47:26 PM

4. CHRISTIAN VIRTUES AND PREACHING
Christian virtues in fact are attaining Christ, the Lover of
mankind. Virtue, in the Orthodox concept, is a joyful call for
preaching and witnessing to the Holy Trinity. For Example:
 In his speech about almsgiving, St. John Chrysostom
clarified that if a man bestows all he owns, it would not be
equal of gaining one soul to Christ who died for this soul’s
sake.
 Repentance is a call not to remember our sins, but in its
essence, it is a return to the bosom of the Father, and to
attain the divine love.
 Obedience is not subjection to the parents, priests,
counselors, or leaders, but it is a kind of fellowship with
Christ in His obedience to His Father.
 Humbleness is not a kind of despising oneself, but a unity
with Christ to share with Him the last place in order to
stretch our hands and embrace all mankind if possible.
 Continence is not preventing from practicing certain sins,
6but it is a reaction of our love towards the Holy One, and a
desire to be an icon of HIM, through the work of His Holy
Spirit. For there are many who do not commit certain sins
not for their love toward the Holy One, but because of their
deficit, or their human pride, such as children.

Praise be HIM Haile Selassie I Iyasus Christos in HIM Kingly Charachter

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/1/2008 10:58:30 PM

In his discourse concerning the message of the Christians
who attend the Church meetings, St. John Chrysostom says,
[How great loss the brethren suffer, for few are those
who take care of their salvation! The majority of the body of
Christ looks like a dead man.
You say, “What concerns us in this matter?
You have great abilities for the benefit of your brethren.
It is you responsibility if you do not advice them, prevent them
from committing evil deeds, attract them strongly to come here,
and protect them from their carelessness. It is fit to man not to
be useful for himself alone but also to many.
Christ clarifies that when He called us “salt” (Matt.
5:13), “yeast” (Matt. 13:23) and “light” (Matt. 5: 14), for all
these things are useful to others and to themselves.
The lamp does not shine for itself but for those who are
sitting in darkness. You are a lamp, not to enjoy light to yourself
alone, but to render to it those who have astrayed away. For
what is the profit of a Christian who does not help others? And
who does not render others to virtues?
Again the salt does not protect itself, but it protects the
food so that it will not be corrupted… God makes you a spiritual
salt to bide the corrupted members, or the careless and lazy
brethren, and to attract and deliver them from laziness as if from
corruption, and to unite them with the other members of the
body of the Church.
This is the reason the Lord calls us “yeast,” for the yeast
does not leaven itself, but a little bit of it leavens the whole
dough regardless of its size. Thus you also have to do. Although
you are small in number, you are many and strong in faith and
your zeal towards God. As the yeast is not weak in its effect in
comparison with its size, for it is powerful by its nature… thus
you can attract many persons more than your number, and they
will have the same zeal as you have.]
It is said that when St. Gregory of Nyssa was ordained as
a bishop there were only 13 families in his diocese, and on his
departure from this world there were only 13 pagan families.

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/1/2008 11:02:01 PM

Man can attain perfection not through self-glorification,
and self-satisfaction, but through unity with others that is based
on love. The perfect person is he who does not feed his ego for
attaining vainglory or looks to his own profit, but who loves
others and accepts their love towards him.

Praise JAH JAH and LIVE
Curse him and you DIE

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/1/2008 11:02:25 PM

I have said this many times before, I give thanks to Jah for putting I as a Serbian who only speaks English in a Greek Orthodox church where I couldn't understand the words that the preacher was saying.

When I read the bible, I read it from beginning to end. And when I read the New Testament I didn't see any change from the Old. All I saw was Christ reminding people how strict I and I must be with the ways of God. The Word and Example of Christ was the example I saw in the Old Testament, of how to Live according to I and I likeness, to Live as One with Jah RasTafarI.

I don't know what it is in the example Christ showed I and I that people don't like. The churches have misrepresented Eashua and have caused people to ignore the teachings of Christ and has also made them think that the teaching they give is the teaching of Christ. It is Iverstandable that many who don't read the bible could easily get fooled by their doctrine. But it is really strange that they were able to cause people who actually read the bible to not see certain things Eashua said, and live with a philosophy that Christ didn't teach.

In regards to the Sacrifice of Christ. Here is a reasoning I made before that shows what I think the real sacrifice of Eashua was.

Sacrifice

Ark I

Itinual Praises unto Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I Menen I

Messenger: wahdahdah Sent: 10/1/2008 11:15:39 PM

JAH RASTAFARI!
IMAN WISH TO MAKE CLEAR IF THE SISTER GOES BY THE LETTER OF THE LAW THAN YOU CAN TWIST THINGS TO FIT HOW YOU WISH THEM TO BE. AS CHRIST TAUGHT I TO GO BY THE SPIRIT OF THE LAW AND I CAN COME TO KNOW THE FATHER. TO GET THROUGH THE FATHER YOU MUST GO THROUGH THE SON. THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS WITHIN. THIS IS NOT DEVIL TALK THIS IS WHAT CHRIST TAUGHT TO HELP FREE US FROM THE BONDAGE OF OUR OWN SELVES. IF CHRIST WERE THE DEVIL HE WOULD NOT BE. DO NOT TWIST I WORDS AS WHEN I SAY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST. I ELABORATE AND MAKE CLEAR I DO NOT FOLLOW THE MAN OR THE LETTER OF THE LAW BUT THE SPIRIT AND THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST AS SELASSIE I EMBRACED THE OLD AND THE NEW TESTAMENT I MAN TROD SAME FEELINGS. LOOK UPON THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT AS ONE IN THE SAME MUCH LIKE THE HOLY TRINITY. AND ALL THROUGH THE OLD TESTEMANT PROPHETS OF OLD HAD SPOKEN OF CHRIST COMING TO BE SLAUGHTERED. TO MAKE WAY FOR THE CONQUERING LION. SO AS YOU HAVE STATED.
AS I SHALL BE MINDFUL SO SHALL THE SISTER "BE CAREFUL HOW YOU ENTERTAIN STRANGERS, FOR YOU MAY BE ENTERTAINING ANGELS UNAWARE." KEEP IN MIND SATIN WAS ONE OF JAHS FAVORITE ANGELS IF IMAN AM NOT MISTAKEN. LET THE I KNOW IF THAT IS INCORRECT. RESPECT TO ALL CHILDREN OF JAH ONE LOVE, WAHDAHDAH

Messenger: Eleazar1234 Sent: 10/1/2008 11:21:08 PM

Wahdahdah, the I is correct, Lucifer is the Chief Rebel Angel and he inspired many others such as Belial, Asmodeus, Astaroth, and Azazel

RASTAFARI IS THE SAVIOR

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 10/2/2008 1:00:10 AM

WOW!!! This post got crrraaazzzyyy...lol

Eboni, is the I a Rastafari, or are you here to preach the Jewish faith?

More importantly, how does anyone begin to separate Jah from anythinng, including Lucifer, demons, whatever. Our Omnipotent Creator, the Supreme Being is everywhere, in everything, how are Ones seeing that there are independent forces fighting that which is the ALL MIGHTY?

We as humans may never understand why there are negatives, it is a mystery, but perhaps there is a universal balance that works whether we see it or not.

As the special part of creation that we are, humans have been granted free will. That means that the maintenance of good and evil balance resides within our choices and subsequent actions. Christ is the Higher Self, Lucifer is the Lower Self. Christ in the time of Iyasus showed us what we are capable of, Christ now as His Majesty is once again the reminder, in the flesh, of what we are capable of. In emulation of the perfect example of His Majesty we may be granted immortality, however, through the power of choice One may sink to their own self depths and venture into self destruction. Heaven and Hell are how we live now, and what we may attain after.

Personally I don't find these aspects of scripture to really be that literal, they were written as analogies so that those with Ize to see will see. There are no external demons to fight, these are just aspects of ourselves. The different names we find in scripture are for the Supreme Being, and aspects of the Supreme Beings infinite functions.

Eboni, if the I is Jewish, then do it, your faith does not require you to convert anybody, it requires you to have faith in yours.

SELAM

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 10/2/2008 8:23:00 AM

RAS Power,

You say that Satan wanted to take the praise of JAH/YAH for himself. And you are 100% absolutely correct. Which is why a probelm has arose.

Why is it, that JC never mentioned JAH/YAH at any time in his ministry? Or better yet, why did not any of JC's diciples?

Also Christ was quoted in Revelations as saying, "I SHALL SEND MINE ANGEL". What angel? Does this angel have a name?

And Yes Lucifer was an angel of the light, and he is here to decieve true Yisrael. Look RAS, if you say that you love Selassie I, then I would expect you to mention his name. Every Rasta that says they love Selassie I has mentioned his name. Becuase in a name there is power. Such as you have demonstrated when you mentioned Selassie I's name. You can tell a tree by the fruits that it bear. If a man chant Selassie I as king of kings, then I will believe him to be Rasta.

So considering this, why did not JC mention his fathers name once? If he was sent by YAH, then why did he not chant his name? The NT can not support any evidence of YAH/JAH's name what so ever.

Yisrael has always wanted a king of flesh and blood that we can see. We always wanted to be like the other nations. That is why we had Saul, and ever since then, the kings of Yisrael could never compare to our YAH. We as a people were not happy with YAH/JAH being our king, we needed something that we could see. We needed flesh and blood.

Well here stands your kings of flesh and blood. And we as black people are no better for it. YAH will not return for us until we return to him.

Do not be decieved.

Messenger: Ten Sent: 10/2/2008 8:31:41 AM

Greetings
I'm quite surprised by Eboni Yehuda's outburst on several things. Now I'm not defending or interfering with Ras KebereAB's post, but Sister that was directed at Ras Power, the I them have had an ongoing reasoning which you might have seen, had you read all of the previous posts. And then Sister you say all these things likening Christ to Lucifer, erm have you not read what His Majesty says of Christ. Does HE not tell us to live by Christ's example. You say,

"The scriptures also say that Lucifer shall masqurade as an angel of the light. Now if Lucifer is to masqurade as an angel of the light, and decieve many.......then what light bringer to the world has decieved Yisrael?

That is why our ancestors crucified Christ, becuase the lawkeepers where saving Yisrael from a false prophet. But Satan has fooled true Yisrael into thinking that the Sanhedren was the enemy."

Apart from the fact that I think this is just wrong on so many many levels, just what are you saying then of Sellasie I's teachings of Christ? (Eleazer 1234 quoted at length His Majesty's Word on that subject) And even more what are you saying of Sellasie I if you say Christ is Lucifer? And who is 'YAH of Yisrael' you keep hailing?

And then you call atonement a Babylon tradition - atonement and sacrifice are ancient religious rites in both Christianity, Islam, Judaism etc. God asks this of Jacob, David, Moses and many others if you go back to the OT. And Babylon is a Godless system so why would atonement and sacrifice be practiced in a system where there is no religion? You say,
"Now being how we took the young kid and allowed him to live, then where do we get this Babylonian custom that JC had to die for the atoinment of our sins? That custom is nowhere in our history."
And I say to you, our history is recorded in JAH word, again read Sellasie I's teachings and you'll find reasonings on sin and forgiveness. And even in our own ancient African customs these practices are there. On the Afro-Asiatic continents how many shrines have been unearthed as places of offering and sacrifice? How many tribes have practised rites of atonement and sacrfice? From BC to AD, the list is endless so I don't know what history you've been reading but I certainly know this practice exists in I custom and still exists to this day.

Finally Sister what people have made of Christ as a religious symbol is to their demise but it doesn't take away from who Christ is. To reduce Christ to people's petty power struggles and materialism is to misoverstand what Christ symbolises, for I n I its follow Christ's humble example and to obey the teachings of Sellasie I. The world is in turmoil because people turn away from JAH word and neither should they expect God to grant them every wish simply because they are religious. That is false teachings of the pastors and ministers not the teachings of Christ. Above all HIS Majesty teach I n I to work for this life and do the best of our own potential.
Bless

Messenger: Eboni Yehuda Sent: 10/2/2008 8:33:58 AM

Wahadah

You are correct, Satan was YAh's favorite. So much so that he put all truth in him. It was this knowledge why that fool known to us as Satan tried to take YAH's throne. Satan was intrusted as the guardian of the earth realm. He was to lead humanity in all truth towards YAH.

Satan went agianst YAH and belived himself to be YAH or equal to YAH. That is why from then on, YAH never again gave all wisdom to one man. He divided his all knowing knowledge among prophets. That way no one man would have the complete all knowing truth of the living God YAH.

Bredren I can not stress this enough. If any man tell you to put away the laws of YAH, then that man is of the devil and he is an enemy to our prople. He is a deciever from the pit.

That was the same mistake in the garden of Eden. YAH told Adam not to eat of the tree. But Lucifer told the woman to eat. When are wqe as women and men of Yisrael going to listen to YAH. Can't you see that our YAH who created us know what is best for us?

I wombman must give the truth to the people of Yisrael. we are the womb of Judah. So how can we continue to bring foirth life in a state of slumber and decieit.

WAKE UP BLACK MAN

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 153

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I