Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7090&start_row=51

NO BLACK & WHITE LABELS - LOVE IMANITY

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/8/2019 11:21:44 AM

HUMAN FAMILY MEMBER:

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/8/2019 11:58:20 AM

I'm never quite sure how a racial supremacist makes the "in" or "out" call in those tricky borderline cases. I guess that's where a chart like the one below can come in handy. I don't need one of these to verify who's a member of my family (i.e., my family membership spans all categories). Do you?

FELIX VON LUSCHAN SKIN COLOR CHART

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2019 12:50:27 AM

Nobody does?

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/9/2019 7:32:21 AM

Let Us say, first of all, that Ethiopia considers herself a member of ONE GROUP ONLY - the AFRICAN group. We will join in any deliberations, we will consider any plan, we will debate any proposal anywhere, and at any time, provided that it contributes to the maintenance of world peace, the development of AFRICA’S human and material resources, and the protection of this continent's legitimate interests."

Haile Selassie

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/9/2019 11:07:04 AM

WHITE CITIZENS ARE AFRICANS TOO

By Tatenda Gwaambuka
The African Exponent
Aug 4, 2016

Who is African and who is not? Inconsequential question? The reality of the matter is that the wrong answer has been proffered over and over again. This is the reason why there is such prejudice and racism in the African continent even now. A controversial answer was given by Sentlese Diakanyo for Thought Leader when he said, “No white person can either through birth or naturalisation assume an identity of African.” He stirred up a hornets’ nest, of course, and in the process started a discussion Africa needs to have. In response to Diakanyo, one Khaya Dlanga said, “We are Africans. All (of) us. Black, white, Indian, mixed, Chinese.”

THE FALLACY OF AFRICAN-NESS DEFINED BY SKIN COLOR

African Holocaust is one of the most radical sites that anyone will stumble upon. Its definition of what an African is obviously the expression of radicalism. It goes something like this, “‘African’ refers exclusively to the historical people of Africa and their descendants in the Diaspora. In plain language, no one is an African unless they can also be considered a ‘Black’ person. But not every ‘Black person’ is an African.”

This definition is deliberately coined to exclude other ethnicities from the definition just as Diakanyo intended to do with his blog post. The idea is akin to what scholar and filmmaker, Alik Shahadah said, “African identity is not an open door, it does not have open membership. You cannot just come in like that. It does not work like that. It is exclusive because it has to be, it is exclusive because our experience is exclusive.” The unfortunate reality of all these profound observations is that they promote fragmentation of African society on the basis of skin colour. The African experience that is used as a benchmark for determining whether one fits the bill to be “African” is something exclusive to black people thus meaning anyone else though identifying with the continent is denied of the identity. Diakanyo for example uses the argument of how during the slave trade there was never a demand for an African to be any colour but black and yet now there is a huge drive to “redefine the colour scheme of an African”. This essentially means because other ethnicities particularly whites do not share the history and experience of the blacks, they cannot claim to be Africans. It is an emotional understanding of what it means to be African and yet emotions are rarely ever progressive. Is this scholastic understanding of the African identity what Africa needs? It is one thing to write an impressive blog post that proves one ascribes to a unique understanding of Africanism and another to have a progressive mind-set that embraces the possibility of a united continent.

THE PROGRESSIVE DEFINITION OF AN AFRICAN

The progressive definition of an African is a politically correct understanding that encourages integration of society. Where people cling to academic definitions that support their own prejudice, it is hard to unite the people. As Khaya Dlanga says, “If a white person is born in a particular country in Africa, that white person is a native of that country. Since they happen to have been born in a country in Africa that means they are African.”

That is a simple definition that is straight to the point. There is a fear that such understandings steal away from the history of the black people in Africa but history should never be the justification for exclusion and veiled prejudice. There are so many white people in Africa who would not feel at home anywhere else in the world. Are they not Africans if Africa is their home? It has been said that every struggle that forgets history repeats but also true is the fact that an obsessive focus on history inhibits movement to the future. Surely this continent is more than just its history. It is very possible to include everyone who identifies with Africa: every citizen of an African country regardless of skin colour in the definition of African without downplaying the continent’s history. This flawed understanding that tells people that acknowledging the white citizen’s African identity is selling out should be discarded. The future of Africa should not be determined by complexion. If race defines being African, what makes the modern African better than the authors of apartheid and even the slave-trade?

Messenger: Levite I Sent: 3/9/2019 12:15:55 PM

Tyaad ah dis labba labba. All who a try excommunicate the CENTRALITY of Black consciousness and the Black liberation struggle and PanAfrikanism from Rastafari dem is not Rastafari.

You know who you be.

You mussy don't live around Afrikan people. Yuh nuh care about Afrika past nor present. Yuh nah go a reparation meeting. All unuh do is a smoke ganja and listen two two Marley riddim and tink seh yuh is Rastafari scholar and elder. Be yourself.

How dare yuh tink seh yuh can come here and come try revise the foundations and cornerstone of BLACK people cultural expression. How dare you.

Fiyyah bun all a unuh weh tink seh yuh is qualified to Quote the King but not the Context. Like Rasta Goddess did a seh....why did HIM haffi talk so?HIM was talking out as an Afrikan to the nations...HIM was a proud Afrikan in the Blackest sense of dat deh statement of fact...if HIM was like dis yah bwoy Nesta ah try depict den wouldnt it stand to reason that today Ithiopia and Italy would be one and sharing the same language as HIM woulda seen Italians as far far far removed Afrikans returning home to their own vine and fig tree and not have put up one dreadful resistance and wudda never gaan league of nations and addressed dem deh people who did snigger and jeer at dat deh prophetic admonition. Dropping all labels and accepting one Imanity is great amazing fabulous rhetoric. But if you ah Black Wombman or Black Man connected to fi yuh roots and culture dem deh ideals is a myth as fi wi day to day existence is shows us dat, even in dis forum, other nations waaan use fi dem power and agency to define ini potentiality of existence, revise ini cultural narratives and subversively try control wi life.

Once again

All who a try an debate or discuss in the attempt to excommunicate the CENTRALITY of Black consciousness and the Black liberation struggle and PanAfrikanism from Rastafari DEM is not Rastafari.

You know who you be.

Reggae enthusiast and ganja partaker = Rastafari sympathizer

RASTAFARI IS A BLACK POWER MOVEMENT WITH A SPRIITUAL NUCLEUS

You can quote all whoever you want but you cant come and reinvent di bc wheel. Guweh widd yuh argument and debate...Nesta is people like yuh who ah say him dont see race or race is inconsequential that is thee most dangerous people in dis yah website existence cah den weh me a medz from dat is yuh nuh see the history of I culture, yuh nuh care about the contemporary multidimensional social inequalities that affect INI people on the continent and ina Diaspora while yuh a live stress free enough to chat seh u is Afrikan

We nuh want no separatist ting, don't get I wrong. I just ah find it very very offensive dat people from outside I culture ah come online and walk to di front of fi wi classroom and try school I pon RasTafari culture in 2019 wen dis trod older than dem mummas mummas great grand madda.

Yuh never had no elders which Iman gathered from u nah answer mi question dem repeatedly. Cah plenty Rastafari elder wud ah tell yuh dat dis ting a lived experience....is not a study yuh can come study and den fight fi yuh argument and personal feelings to be part of and an authoritative voice.

Once again

All who a try debate and discuss in the hope of excommunicating the CENTRALITY of Black consciousness and the Black liberation struggle and PanAfrikanism from Rastafari dem is not Rastafari.

You know who you be.

HAILE

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 3/9/2019 1:21:35 PM

InI don't think yuh haffa be Black to be a conscious Rasta but to take the centrality of Blackness, Afrikaan principles and progression away fe it all is just more cultural appropriation. Ini tried explain before that black supremacy isn't the same as white supremacy. To deny history because some few have not played a part in it is to deny reality. And to by that act then take a part in it. Racism is not a thing of the past and to deny its present existence is to be blind to truth.

Levite has said it fully so Ini won't reiterate.

To teach that we are all seen as equal is idealistic but does not teach truth. We are not all seen as equal by society and the best thing we can teach all children of all colours is truth. Teach Black history, not because we want guilt but because it is fair. To rebuild a stolen nation and peoples isn't racist it is rightness.
The denial is either overly idealistic or willfully ignorant..

Maybe a bit of both.

And the pic of the white wombman in Africa is from a documentary, if InI remember right, she was very happy to leave and had a tough time adapting.

With love and blessings (and the best of intention)

Haile Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2019 1:48:57 PM

I gwine quote Levite post deh fe de nex 100 years

Yuh tink a joke?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/9/2019 1:58:30 PM

Give thanks to my pops for introducing me to this Ras Military-man

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/9/2019 8:51:56 PM

What a boatload of sadness. All this man Prince Ea is doing is pointing out a very problematic reality, but you'd think from all the push back that he was speaking some great heresy. I know people who define themselves by the cars they drive. This is very common in America. But I would expect people who have read His Majesty's utterances, heard H.I.M. speak, and know His firm position on such matters to be able to get out of their car (not be defined by them) and step up to the consciousness Our Father spoke of & visioned (e.g., "the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"). It all seems like such childish rebelliousness that plays so perfectly into the hands of Babylon. What could be more delightful for the devil man than to come to this website and see these petty arguments over race...Rastas arguing over race, defining themselves by race instead of their awesome gift of Life through Love.... in the 21st century. JAH have mercy.

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean,
make way for the positive day."

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I