Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7058&start_row=61

True Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/16/2019 11:19:35 AM

My paternal stepgrandfather also had some ugly race-based beliefs (e.g., he was not a fan of interracial couples). I told him he could keep those ugly beliefs with his generation and that I would let them die out with his generation while I would be led all the way in my heart by the goodness & beauty of JAH RastafarI and His Love. Ugly's ugly. No way to beautify it or make it noble.

Being pro-Love & celebrating it regardless of the races of the people involved. What a wonderful thing for RastafarI to get up, take a stand on, and fight for.

"We forward in this generation triumphantly"

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2019 11:55:57 AM

GA has known about and never said anything against my interracial family. In fact, he has shown respect for me here as we have long reasoned with each other..

I have no problem with people being 'against' interracial families when they, at the very least, are cordial enough to hold their tongue.. And especially so when we keep in context the reason for promoting the sanctity of a strong black family unit.. I find no problem at all.

I do have a problem with people throwing around 'white supremacy' at me when they have no idea what they are talking about.. I say 'problem' but really I just think its hilarious because it shows the degree to which those ones are programmed by babylon media.. You really think my black wife would be with a white supremacist? Hahaha.. Y'all too much

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/16/2019 12:18:53 PM

Despite your support for Trump, who's pretty clear about his race positions, I don't characterize you as a white supremacist. In fact, I recently chimed in to say that I thought such a characterization of you was too "black and white". I think you're extremist in many of your views and I've seen what appear to me to be hints of racial bigotry when it comes to Latinos, but no ardent white supremacy.

I still reiterate that being pro-Love & celebrating it regardless of the races of the people involved is a righteous thing for RastafarI to get up, take a stand on, and fight for. There is no couple that is "repugnant" because of their racial composition.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2019 12:52:41 PM

There are white Rastas
There are mixed races Rastas

There are also black Rastafari (of mixed or none mixed backgrounds) who chant Black Supremacy and Garveyism as a part of their Rastafari trod.

Ones need to stop being so offended.

It doesn't matter if I find something disagreeable. I have said 5x already that I do not criticise others for their choices in this matter.

The very idea of this thread is ridiculous. The idea that Garvey Rastas are not 'true Rastas'. Well ok then..... by whos authority?

Let's move on

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/16/2019 1:01:17 PM

My point exactly: Let's move on, and forward in this generation triumphantly

I don't know any white Rastas.
I don't know any Black Rastas.
I don't know any mixed Rastas.
I just know Rastas - all of African lineage, all of the same race, all of the same flesh, all speaking the same language (but I did hear somewhere that some of them have different color eyes from mine!)

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 2/16/2019 1:32:37 PM

"Ones need to stop being so offended."

Brings a smile to my face.

Yes, hyper sensitivity liberalism is a major problem the world over..

I just read an article about how German police are being instructed to not record heinous crimes committed by migrants becaise the statistics are offensive...

Journalist Dieter Wonka, who met with police to confirm the story, says that crimes such as “honor killing or sexual offences….should not appear in reports” and if they do appear in police reports, higher-ups will ask for a “review,” which is a euphemism for removing the information.

“This is a signal to alert the police officer who wrote the report to remove certain terms which are provocative and could have a negative influence on the statistics,” said Wonka, meaning that “statistical accumulations are differently weighted and presented differently as what the clear insights in detail would reveal.”

According to one police officer quoted in the report, migrant crime stats are downplayed or hidden so as to “preserve civil peace.”

This BS needs to stop.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/16/2019 7:26:05 PM

G.A quote: "There are white Rastas
There are mixed races Rastas
There are also black Rastafari (of mixed or none mixed backgrounds) who chant Black Supremacy and Garveyism as a part of their Rastafari trod.

Ones need to stop being so offended."

Do you have any evidence of this G.A?

G.A quote: "It doesn't matter if I find something disagreeable. I have said 5x already that I do not criticise others for their choices in this matter.The very idea of this thread is ridiculous. The idea that Garvey Rastas are not 'true Rastas'. Well ok then..... by whos authority?
Let's move on"

Yeah, let's move on. :)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/17/2019 1:52:05 AM

Did someone say "that Garvey Rastas are not 'true Rastas'"? I missed that one.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/18/2019 7:37:39 AM

I've just had a quick read through the thread, and no, I don't think anyone did. I think the worst was when I said I don't believe Marcus Garvey was a prophet. I mean, he might be as I've never met one =P but in my eyes if a prophet predicted some event like this...as important as HIM from the lineage of King Solomon from biblical texts from millenia ago.
And then because, Jah himself is not good enough in the eyes of Garvey, likes white men too much, then "garveyism and black supremacy" become dead to me like the white supremists.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/18/2019 8:45:43 AM

With
All
Due
Respect

Garveyism and Black Supremacy have N.O.T.H.I.N.G. to do with you. So far it's foreign. You need passport and visa to visit upon Gaveyism and Black Supremacy. Application denied.

And as far as this likkle ideology whe Dem call Rastafari......

New broom sweep clean but the old broom know every corner...

SeeLahSeeI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I