Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7058&start_row=1

True Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/9/2019 8:16:55 PM

Now ive spent a good 35-40 years trying to work this out. Marcus Garvey, might have been seen as a prophet amongst people who took his Christain biblical word but he never claimed HIM majesty through the lineage of Solomon and Sheba. HIM did.

So that must mean Garvey did't believe Selassie. N0? I feel moving towards this idiology every year goes by. Do's truly, that no matter of the colour of your skin you share thoughts via herb and there's nothing except total respect between us all.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/10/2019 7:45:51 AM

Marcus Garvey was a prophet of Rastafari there is no question about it. That. doesn't mean he was a Rastafari in trod just as Jesus wasn't a Christian or how Haile Selassie is Ras Tafari but isn't Rastafari....

For many he is more than a prophet and his philsophies are a cornerstone to the trod. For some he is a diety or God.

Marcus Garvey is one of the most important black people among black people to have lived the past 500 years. No matter what faith or ideology you claim.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/10/2019 8:09:09 AM

Unfortunately, Marcus Garvey believed wholeheartedly in the fallacy of biological racial distinctions–in there being such a thing as Black blood and White blood. He thereby joined with eugenicists and Klansmen in looking down on biracial people. What Garvey could NOT know in his time was that the DNA of all people is nearly identical. With that scientific knowledge we shed our prior ignorance and laugh off the bigoted racial mentality (including Garvey’s judgments predicated upon shades of skin color) that Babylon could previously use to hold us in bondage and keep us apart from one another.

Messenger: Chalice User Sent: 2/10/2019 8:14:50 PM

@ Nesta1 couldn't that very music , that message, those certain bands, be the music that gets bigger amd bigger and finds it people.. as it gets bigger and Bob said?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/11/2019 1:07:23 AM

When Bob said the music (reggae) would find "its right people" he was referring to them that "hath an ear to hear" -- referring to those who were meant to receive and to know His New Name: Haile Selassie I, JAH, RastafarI (i.e, those to whom would be revealed His Majesty's I-dentity).

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 5:10:04 AM

Garveys philosophies are perfection incorporated. Peak righteousness among the black races. heaven sent man. God in flesh. Anything critical is foolishness and Babylon

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 5:14:35 AM

Nesta you are making such a pseudo argument it's shame. The DNA of ALL LIVING SENTIENT things is majority identical. The small percentages of difference are HIGHLY significant though. Maybe you should learn more of the significance of but a single helix strand change in DNA code and resultant phenotype. Monkeys elephants and humans have a majority similar DNA pattern and we are one in the same yet we are clearly and significantly...ominously, different at the same time.

Cooyah joke sinting..

Nowhere in the dictionary has race ever been defined solely by 'DNA' lol race in its conception has always been multi faceted. I invite you to revise all limbs of the definition including people with shared genetics such as ones family and extended family and ALSO and equally people's with shared common HISTORY and CULTURE GEOGRAPHY and so on. You stuck on this 'same DNA' argument. Garvey knew exactly what he was talking about

Oxford: points if anyone sees the word DNA anywhere....

"1Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

‘people of all races, colours, and creeds’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.1mass noun The fact or condition of belonging to a racial division or group; the qualities or characteristics associated with this.

Example sentences

Synonyms

1.2 A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group.

HENCE PEOPLE OF THE AFRICAN CONTINENT WHO SPEAK AN AFRICAN NATIVE LANGUAGE GROUP WHO SHARE AFRICAN CULTURE AND A SHARED HISTORY OF THE EFFECTS OF COLONIALISM AND CHATTEL SLAVERY. THATS WHO GARVEY AND HAILE SELASSIE IN MORE THAN 1 OCCASSION MADE REFERENCE TO.

‘we Scots were a bloodthirsty race then’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.3 A group or set of people or things with a common feature or features.

‘the upper classes thought of themselves as a race apart’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.4Biology A population within a species that is distinct in some way, especially a subspecies.

‘people have killed so many tigers that two races are probably extinct’

More example sentences

1.5 (in non-technical use) each of the major divisions of living creatures.

‘a member of the human race’

‘the race of birds’

More example sentences

1.6literary A group of people descended from a common ancestor.

‘a prince of the race of Solomon’

More example sentences

Synonyms

1.7archaic mass noun Ancestry.

‘two coursers of ethereal race’ "

SOME OF UNUH TRY PLAY FOOL BUT CANT KETCH WIZE

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/11/2019 5:50:39 AM

Anyone can talk & talk 'til they're blue in the face, but I&i NEVER countenance RACIAL BIGOTRY in any form -- the same mentality of racial divisiveness (no matter how insidiously disguised) that has led to millennia of humans alienating & mistreating one another over differences in skin color (color which, yes, is in fact TRIVIAL from the SCIENTIFIC AND SPIRITUAL perspectives when considered in light of all that we human beings share in common).

I'm blind to skin color and always will be. The Jamaican RastafarI who were my mentors were Holy men who were also "afflicted" with this same blindness to the color of a person's skin. We will never countenance the propagation of a doctrine of racial divisiveness by those who desire (overtly or covertly) continued segregation of the races and/or strife based upon racial differences.

Shame is upon them that continue to sow the seeds of racial discord even while feigning otherwise.

MANY WILL CONTINUE TO TRY BUT NO ONE WILL SUCCEED IN DRIVING A WEDGE between the Righteous Children of JAH based upon our racial differences.

Maybe it's having heard the grotesque disease racism spouted by people when I was a child that makes the spouting of anything that resembles it so odious to me without a clear and overriding disclaimer that we are all brothers and sister of the same flesh and blood.

Bless His Majesty:

"the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes"

JAH BLESSES THE INITY OF ALL INAMITY.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 6:05:51 AM

The fact you are set on colour colour colour shows your ignorance of the very definition of the word Race. Lol. I burn colourism in totality. You seem confused. What the hell does colour have to do with the part of which I put in bold above.

You either didn't read or refuse to comprehend

Black Supremacy I continue to chant

How foolish to think that's a colour argument.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/11/2019 6:49:11 AM

Garvey's Africa: Like a chameleon, you pretend to be one thing but not another as it suits the moment. Your angry anti-white [skin-color-based] racist venom keeps periodically oozing out at the surface and you keep jumping back from it, pretending that it isn't there. But as ANYONE, regardless of color, who is on the receiving end of racial bigotry knows: it carries an ugly feeling with it and its victims feel its sting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garvey’s Africa: "Typical white Rasta sympathizer”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garvey’s Africa : “The Whiteman was not born in Africa.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garvey’s Africa: “I'm used to the knee jerk response from white Rasta sympathizers”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nesta: “Isn't it great that RastafarI have survived & surpassed the 1000 years of racially-motivated division and abuse, and have in our own hands (first individually, then collectively) the power to finally make this the first truly Inited generation when no race looks upon another as someone different; as we finally bring to reality the fact that we are all brothers and sisters of One People of One Flesh. It's an exciting time to be alive.”

Garvey’s Africa Reply: "How privileged of a white skin man to claim to black people that racial division or oppression is over. “
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man with chalice: “Garveys Africa. The I seem quite anti-white to me which is against the teachings of the messiah the I claims to follow. But I can understand all that but it gets tedious at times man. How long until you let go?”

Garvey’s Africa reply: “I talk history i tslk [sic] liberation i talk the black self reparative effort not anti white..Now you gone into ‘anti white’.....lol...”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if you wrap the stench of racial bigotry in the rose-petals of "culture" and "language" and "history"; your hostility, resentment and antagonistic feelings beneath the surface cause the stench to keep on surfacing -- and it's malodorous.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I