Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7058&start_row=11

True Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/11/2019 8:02:04 AM

When I read through this thread, I don't see any malice coming from Garveys Africa. Nesta in this last comment you seem far more angry than he does in all GA's recent posts combined.
And also you bring up the racial debate more often than he does. GA might comment or defend his position, but almost never have I seen him bringing up the black/white argument out of no where. Because it is a topic that has been talked about time and time again on this and other forums. Just because GA doesnt agree with you, that doesnt make him spiteful.

Not that anyone needs to defend Garveys Africa. His years of rational and thoughtful reasoning on this forum have shown him to be one of the more level headed, often humorous, ones here.

Wishing Black Heart was here to chime in on some of these threads and let others know that Garveys Africa is not the only RastafarI chanting Black Supremacy unapologetically. Nor will he ever be. Because Black Supremacy and Black Liberation have always been a cornerstone to Rastafari.

Heart of Love

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/11/2019 8:51:12 AM

Maybe you've not been targeted or on the receiving end, JAH Child. I grow weary of GA's constant undertone, when I've felt the sting of his racism bite. It is True, however, that I embrace the the Oneness of Imanity and do not abide well doctrines of racial supremacy.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 10:35:05 AM

"Black man black people black InI "

"The Whiteman white society white supremacist system"

None of the above has ANYTHING to do with colour

Nesta is really struggling here let me give him the definition of race 1 more time

"1.2 A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc.; an ethnic group."

Black Is synonymous with African / Maafa
White is synonymous with European.

No colourism I man burn colourism.

It's semantics when I say Black/ White and representative of colloquial dialect more than actual COLOUR

One has to be careful here because there ARE people on this EARTH who do believe in the power of Shade and colour. I man said earlier Haile Selassie is the blackest I. Clearly not! Haile Selassie I is a light skinned African. Yet when I say he is the blackest I ..I man do not mean colour!

Give thanks Jah Child. Some times a separate pair of eyes is of much help for I to explain I intentions then I could do I self.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 10:50:36 AM

Nesta your reactions are more of a reflection of a deeply rooted sense of hurt shame or guilt, an old wound so deeply entrenched in your psyche you fail to see logic when the topic of race arises. And your normally a logical person.

Nothing I have said suggests RACISM in that one race is superior to another. Similarly nothing I have said has anything to do with colourism.

I don't deal in undertones. I man very direct. And consistent.

What has anything I have said strayed from the philosophies of Garvey? When you start to criticise Garvey then I will admit I get very blunt and defensive.... to Criticise Garvey to I is like a man criticise Selassie I so you must understand.....

Blessed I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/11/2019 12:34:05 PM

Except that Rasta wants to see all people together not apart. I don't see RastafarI embracing bygone-era doctrines of racial separatism or racial purity. We love to see people get together and love one another, right? If a dark-skinned man born in Africa loves and marries a light-skinned girl from Norway that's a wonderful thing in all of our I's and we celebrate their union and we celebrate the lives they create together. Neither they nor their union are repugnant to us, they are more joining of our people -- so the racial purity aspect of old Garveyism has gone by the wayside. Similarly, if a light-skinned a surgeon from Canada wants to move his light-skinned family to Nairobi to practice medicine, no RastafarI is going to say that he's unwelcome, doesn't belong in Africa and should stay out --that's also archaic thinking that has gone by the way side and been replaced by our loving embrace and welcoming of all people or all colors, backgrounds, languages, cultures, religions or whatever ANYWHERE they want to be in JAH world. This, of course, is today's vision of RastafarI - we have grown wiser and better with time, we've progressed forward. I'm just saying that some of the old ugliness that people associated with RastafarI or accused us RastafarI of is no longer valid. We are not racists and I just think it would be helpful if you would integrate articulation of that more clearly in your reasoning GA. "Black" and "White" are colors and (particularly when applied as modifiers) they're very racially charged words, so even if you try to use them in an esoteric and uncommon way they can still be interpreted as containing hostility and bigotry. We don't need to denote what color my skin or your skin is when we reason and present opinions. That's taking cheap irrelevant shots that make us look like it matters to one RastafarI what the skin color of another RastafarI is. What quicker way to open the door to perceptions of others of division among the ranks of us as RastafarI? Showing our Inity and speaking in unequivocal terms of Inity is important when we all share the Most High values of Love, Inity and Freedom of Movement of All People, All Imanity.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/11/2019 5:51:55 PM

Garveyism is just as relevant in this time as it was back then. Until the until has been reached. Until the effects of white supremacy colonailism and African underdevelopment have been completely reparated. Africa for Africans

The example of black to white union is as repugnant to I as it was to Garvey 100 years ago. While we don't chastesize ones for such a choice, InI promote black love and a Black first mentality for the foreseeable future.

And there is nothing racist about that.

I oppose ones completely who come to this trod of I ancestors and claim RASTAFARI has "CHANGED" from its original cornerstones. Black Progress and black supremacy being one example. I man chant so un-apologeti-cally

Once more. I sole purpose is to remove the effects of white supremacy and chattel slavery from the psyche phsyiology and economy of I African/ black family. Being the definition of righteousness. I don't seek validation in that nor do I expect or seek ones from other races to share my moral compass. Similarly I will not criticise ones from other races for not sharing I ideologies. But Rastafari provides a necessary and undeniable 'black space' for other Africans who wish to progress along the same road of redemption as I.

One cannot comprehend the psychological effects of a young black child growing up sighting conscious black Rastafari in full African cultural expression of black supreme. For I as a child there was no more mystic and wonderful sight among the social backdrop of babylon

Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/12/2019 4:16:12 AM

I respect your position and especially your frankness about it, G.A.

I hope you will also respect my position when I assert that all of my foundations in RastafarI are predicated upon JAH Love & Power to bring down the Babylon System through I-niting all Imanity by erasing the boundaries that Babylon promotes (and fans the flames of) to keep us apart from one another and our consciousness/efforts divided. For me and the RastafarI with whom I have trod to date, aligning Imanity along racial boundaries and promoting separate camps distinguished by perceptions of one's race, mimic a favorite mentality promoted by the Babylon System -- a divide-and-conquer mentality which has created so much suffering and death over the millennia for all of our ancestors as well as for our present day brethren and sistren. Just as Jewish people cannot balance or repair the world from what happened during the Holocaust by hating German people or murdering 6 million of them, we cannot balance or repair the suffering of our ancestors (or present day brothers and sisters) through disdain for or isolation from another group of humans being who we perceive to be "representative" of our oppressors. We RastafarI are all Africans and the common oppressor which we I-nite to fight is the Babylon System (which is a demonic mentality not monopolized by any particular race, nationality, or religion).

RastafarI are not chained to the past -- we do forward in this generation triumphantly.

I hope you'll understand and forgive me if I've not known anyone before who represented himself as a RastafarI (i.e., following the Teachings of His Majesty and seeking H.I.M.'s Vision of a Peaceful Global Reality) who espouses the beliefs that you do, G.A. I apologize if I am a very sensitive person who is astonished and taken aback at being accused of being "privileged" as "a white skin man". No Rasta brother has ever spoken to me in that way before (quite the opposite, in fact). I don't even know what to make of a person who thinks that my bi-racial unions have been "repugnant". There are no words to respond to that other than to be thankful that you did not express how you might feel about my bi-racial daughters.

At any rate, G.A., people who read your words can choose for themselves whether yours is the creed and vision of our future world what they seek and embrace. I don't regret calling you on the carpet for what your beliefs represent, G.A.; but again I do respect you for your candor in the post above, just the same as one may respect Marcus Garvey for unapologetically embracing the Ku Klux Klan rather than denying the similarities between his system of beliefs and theirs.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/12/2019 5:13:03 AM

I'm glad we have reached this point.

I'm glad you used the Jew as the example. I'm sure there are Jews out there who like to see the unity of all of humankind. Yet within this there is a duality that while all men are equal, the Jew still would wish to identify both as a human AND specifically and uniquely as a Jew. This is not to promote seperatism, but to acknowledge the historical and cultural bond the Jews as a people share, among the global sense of the human race in totality. Now replace the word Jew with the word BLACK (and by this you know I mean Continental or Diasporal African more so than colour) and I think you may see my stance a little clearer.

Now......Jews have recieved monetary and land reparations of which the African has not. So to speak of Reparations in any comparative sense between Africans and Jews is a very touchy subject.....But in terms of INTERNAL Reparations - the Jews have adopted a Jew - first or even Jewish-supreme ideology. The Jews largely spend their money among their own community first before branching out. There is a saying that the dollar circulates within the Jewish community for a month before it leaves into the general population. This has helped re-soldifu their economic offsetting from the effects of the holocaust and actually propelled them to a very respectable economic standpoint as a community. I don't see this as Jews being racist or not respecting the oneness of humanity.. But as a necessary reparatory effort.
The black community especially in the western hemisphere.... The African community which have descended from slavery... their economic base is a huge contrast then that of the Jews currently, and far less centralised. I believe by adopting a black first mentality in terms of economy that I and I too can defeat the economic damage of 500 years of slavery and 100 years of post slavery oppression among I community. Meaning black businesses supporting other black businesses and black consumers buying from such businesses where possible as a FIRST choice. The system as it stands is naturally set up in the OPPOSITE manner meaning a perpetual underdevelopment of the black-descended-from-slavery community's economic base.
Without a conscious effort to adopt this black first approach this may never be corrected. I use this as but one example of how black first (I.e. black supremacy by InI definition) is not from a racist standpoint but from a necessary reparatory standpoint in the hope of achieving equality among communities such as that demonstrated within the Jewish community after the holocaust.

I think I do respect your expressed viewpoints more So than you give me credit for. I simply state a duality within I reasoning. I too will stand with you and say every one is one within the human race; and even further, every living thing is one, the life force within me is no different to that within the Tree in my garden. The singularity of the I. Yet and Still, i also will attest to the individualism of the My. I am unique, i have a nationality and identity, culture, native language family, history etc which may be different and separate to other people on earth as they do to. I don't see any problem in these two ideas. I think they can coexist harmoniously within the duality of life. Which is why I believe ones like Bob Marley can chant One Love One Blood and then chant Black Supremacy African Progress in the next song. There is no oxymoron and both ideologies are needed.

As a black man...or to be correct, as a displaced African man descended from slavery, further descended from a rich African history and culture which has been taken from I; here in the West. Surrounded and outnumbered by European culture, European women, European food, European owned business...and from the overstanding that others in my same position are generally from a lower socioeconomic position (due to our shared recent history) than our European counterpart.... I man have a right to react. I chose to react by adopting a black-first ideology(PanAfrican). In terms of cultural expression, woman, diet, consumerism and business.... In a similar way Jews have done the same among their community.... As A sense to counteract the inequalities of the world that I and others who identify similarly were born into. Not because I believe my colour is superior to another or I am better than another.

Haile I I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/12/2019 6:03:02 AM

Yes, it's nice to reach some kind of peaceful understanding despite our differences.

The Jews are an interesting example, but the tragic irony (and perpetuation of human suffering) there is the latter-day "Holocaust" that the officialdom of Israel and Zionists (i.e., a secular movement regarded by many Jews as contrary to Judaism) are visiting upon a whole other population of non-Jewish people. That's such a huge subject that it could be the topic of one or more other threads here.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/13/2019 7:01:53 PM

In my opinion "Garveyism" is the complete opposite of what Rasta is trying to teach through the teachings of his imperial majesty.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I