Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7058&start_row=81

True Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/18/2019 2:23:58 PM

Sorry

A black hero among black people

I hope that clears it up.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/18/2019 2:32:16 PM

Nope, it still comes nowhere near to clearing it up.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/18/2019 3:21:34 PM

Thoughts on Winnie from South Africans and songs of South Africa from Rastafari...

As Winnie Madikizela-Mandela is laid to rest, South Africans share how the anti-apartheid campaigner changed their lives - some in very personal ways.

Nolwazi Duma

"Winnie Mandela meant a lot to me, she was an inspiration to the nation and the whole of Africa. She put a mark on how strong women are in South Africa.

"She empowered us and taught us that you should never give up in anything that you do. No matter what the circumstances are you need to do what you feel is right."

Buyima Jola

"Everything that I do, I do because I learned it from her, including being stubborn. I know that stubbornness carries women through when men think that they can suppress us.

"I want to say to her: 'You are mama, I am mama Africa. In your absence I will represent you in every principle and value that you stood for.'"

Paballo Chabedi

"Mama Winnie donated things to our school in Orlando West, not far from where she used to live. Her two last birthdays she spent in our school.

"She cared about young people, she donated pads to little girls in our school also."

Mercy Sidyiyo

"Mama was like a mother I never had. She made us to be brave, to stand up for our rights.

"I remember in 1986 when I first met her. There was a death in the area and the police wanted to stop the funeral but she came, picked up the coffin and pulled it along alone. Then everybody stood up and had the courage to carry the coffin, and we had the burial.

"It was difficult as there was tear gas and we faced being arrested because the police said nobody except the family would attend the funeral. But she did it."

Tshepiso Maleswena

"Mama Winnie was the first feminist icon - other than my grandmother - that I encountered. For me she symbolised strength, the smashing of patriarchy, a rule breaker, a badly behaved woman, a woman who coloured outside the lines.

"To young black women her legacy is that you need to live your truth and fight the beast that is patriarchy."

Mpho Matidze

"My brother was already in exile when I was born in 1979, and Winnie fought so that our family could be reunited. I finally saw him again in 1992.

"She is a woman who stood against all odds. She gave her life to the struggle of this country, against the apartheid government, so that people fighting for liberation could come back and we could all live in a democratic and liberated South Africa.

"We are celebrating the fruits of Mama Winnie's work today in South Africa."

Pamela Ndenmde

"Mama Winnie taught us respect - to respect our neighbours and love your neighbours as you love yourself."

Sihle Sithole

"Many people say Mama Winnie is the one who kept the fire burning when Nelson Mandela and others were still in jail.

"But I say she didn't just keep it burning, she collected the firewood - in fact, she made the fire even hotter. To us she is the definition of liberation."

Faith Mazibuko

"Winnie Mandela made sure that we understood the role of women in South Africa - the need for our emancipation, mobilisation, organisation and unity.

"She used to say that as women we are victorious because it is us who hold the knife at its sharpest point.

"We should see to it that there are more and more Winnie Mandelas within our communities."

Sikhumbuzo Moloi

"Her legacy is that she pushed women into the political scene. They had been left behind for too long."

Me stating Winnie as a black hero needs not any validation from the likes of the man in the previous post. This theme is hilarious. The opinion of none blacks on black heroes is relevant how?

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/18/2019 3:34:59 PM

Give thankhs, Garveys Africa. Most of those words are in the lyrics of Hero, by I Jah Man LevI.
Let us not forget that Babylon schemed against Marcus. That Mandela was held back in his youth. That Kimathi was denied life in his prime.
The struggle for Black Supremacy is an on going war.
I man come from the heart of Africa, a pre village and honour, and I apprecilove that I never signed up to be born a black and in I mama land, it all Is Jah Will, and I give thankhs for this. I give thanks that Jah made all people and all animals and all vegetation and all life and I have to learn to respect them all. Keep your culture!
1 LOVE.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/18/2019 6:42:31 PM

I wouldn't get into the South African political struggles with you G.A. for one, I've never lived there. And I can't be sure how i'd react if I was a black man in them Aparthied times - one thing I do know though, if I was someone who was tried in the same way - by some kangaroo court - the way 14 year old
Stompie Seipei and hundreds of others too who were murdered by her say so, I wouldn't be calling Winnie Mandela any kind of hero. I've only ever had one hero in my entire life and he didn't set fires to car tyres round peoples necks and burn them to death. That's not a hero, that's someone who's mentally deranged.
But, we're all different :)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/18/2019 11:30:45 PM

We certainly are.
Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/19/2019 2:31:57 AM

"Give us the teachings of His Majesty, we no want no devil philosophy."

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 12:39:27 PM

Bless Nesta.. A quote I and I love
Sums up so much

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 4:24:13 AM

Lioness. How do you feel about the role of black supremacy rooted within a large element of Rastafari?

Interesting to see your thoughts, not knowing your cultural and national background....

Haile

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/23/2019 5:12:30 AM

Blessings, Garveys Africa,
I and I will give I opinion here, but with preface that these are my own conclusions at present and as iself studies more my opinions do change, so this is where Iandi stand at this time.
Being of mixed race and heritage, iand I don't believe in one race being superior over another, there's bad and good in all races. That said, iself believe that all hu-mans come out of Africa but not all of Jah seed. Iandi also believe there is a certain Form of superior mentality in dem that reside in the mother land, connected to her. And also that there are spiritual (perhaps other too) advantages of Melanin. Iself believe in the ideal of repatriation. Also, there's no denying that European have created Babylon system, but not all European peoples would agree with it and most are victims of it regardless of colour. I self believe that we shouldn't deny that Africans created mathematics, writing, engineering, music and much more, the earliest civilization were African and they were superior by far. Iandi believe it is a deep topic that requires a love of Jah, an overstanding of the knowledge of HIM Haile Selassie I words and intentions and a grasp of history but not the history taught by Babylon. AS Ras Nesta mentioned in a previous post, it is no easy find good sources, untainted by Babylon to piece true history together. Also, DNA shows we are mostly all mixed as race goes now. Iandi believe there is a Jah seed and a serpent seed, but that it transcends race. Iandi hope this answers what was asked. With love for the most high. Bless. 1love

(and within Rasta community , Iandi believe we should admit certain forms of supremacy but see too that hate has no place in our temples,"bodies and mind" it hurts the iself to hold negative thoughts and feelings and that spills into the idren) Jah bless

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I