Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=11

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/7/2018 3:06:29 PM

Muslim men are raping thier way across Europe and you wanna talk about respect.

Wow

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/7/2018 4:46:43 PM

Aisha, as an American, please accept my apology for the disrespectful vulgarity and ignorance of Hemphill who i am ashamed to have to admit is a countryman of mine. Clearly he's ignorant of the significance of the name "Aisha" in Arabic and the importance to Islam (and to Muslim women in particular) of the wife of the Prophet who bore that name. His unimaginable disrespect for the Prophet is born of mean-spirited, ignorance-fueled stereotyping and scapegoating, and an complete absence of knowledge -- and respect for -- other cultures and the long history of the Arab
people.

In short, he's an offensive buffoon of the worst type.

Although you encountered him on this website, he is NEITHER a Rastafri nor do his hateful rantings have anything to do with Our Faith; the Teachings of which mandate respect for those of differing faiths.

Among His Teachings, Emperor Haile Selassie I instructed:

"Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths."

MAY WE ALL LIVE IN PEACE & HARMONY, AISHA

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/7/2018 5:08:41 PM

Pedophilia is despicable.

A 53 year old 'prophet' should never rape a 9 year old... According to God that is..

Messenger: Aisha Sent: 11/8/2018 1:30:49 AM

nesta1
thank you for your message, its so nice of you and it means a lot to me

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/8/2018 2:49:24 AM

Aisha, You are quite welcome. You seem like a kind and gentle soul, and i'm very sorry that you have had to be exposed to such foul-mouthed, disgusting perversion on this website. This fellow Hemphill is a hateful, ignorant troll bent on undermining the spiritual fellowship of the RastafarI posting on this forum.

i am grateful to you for trying to point out to him that he was missing the point of my post entirely, but he is a mentally & spiritually ill individual, and you obviously did not know that when you tried to correct him. That he has spoken to you the way that he has and about the kinds of subject matter that he has demonstrate no respect at all for you as a woman or as a person with a Muslim background (which, ironically, is the very topic of the original; post).

i don't know where you are from or what you know of the U.S., but i can assure you that most Americans are not as vulgar and hateful as that man, and that most Americans who i know are respectful of Muslims even though they generally understand very little about their culture & faith.

Again, i apologize for the disgusting & inappropriate things that man has written here. There are pigs everywhere in the world and one of them has found his way onto this page. This is not the first thread he has polluted with his trolling and perversion.

Nevertheless, I&i can see as clearly as pure clean water the virtue in what you say and sense the sincerity in your heart. No wicked one can detract from such virtues, Aisha.

BarakAllahu feekum

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/8/2018 5:33:13 AM

The facts say otherwise nesta...

Oh and

Not enough virtue in this signal. Must try harder.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/11/2018 12:53:02 AM

More Love

Brother Nesta I can overstand what the I is saying here. There is a lot about Islam that relates to Rastafari, and probably for that reason, I and other sistars on this site have mentioned before how we are sometimes mistaken to be Muslim.

About the Hijab in particular, I know that this is a choice for most Muslim womban. For some it's not, and this we all know. We also know that there are groups or individuals within all religions that practice brutality against their own, for all sorts of non compliance. So I think most of us realize that Islam is oppressive only as much as other religions are.

For I as a Rastawomban, wearing modest clothing is my own choice, proudly and honorably so. Through experience I know that modesty does earn respect and at the same time it does not encourage negative attention. So I am very happy to cover my hair and body in public.

I have been thinking about another aspect of this headcovering practice.. more than just a visible protection. We know that sweat contains pheromones, which are like "behavior-modifying agents" to others of the same species, and we also know that the head is where most heat escapes the body, therefore also probably the most sweat. This is just my own reasoning, not sure if it's true. But if it is, then a significant amount of pheromones escapes the body through the sweat glands on the scalp. To cover this portion of the body, and other parts also, limits the amount of pheromones reaching the other's olfactory system. This can prevent us womban from sending out signals of sexual readiness, signals of fear, or other signals moderated by pheromones. Simply put, covering is a way to keep what is happening inside our bodies private, on a chemical level. A womban can cover herself from neck to ankle, but if her head is exposed, she can still be sending out extreme chemical signals of ovulation to all men she passes, attracting their sexual attention without their own control. This thinking has become my main reason, aside from simply keeping the locks clean, for wearing headcoverings. It also may explain why most religions, not only Islam but also Judaism and orthodox Christianity, and other sects of Christianity such as Mennonite, and also Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, and so many more include headcovering for either women or both women and men.

As I said there's a lot Rastafari shares in common with Islam.. There's also a lot about Rastafari that does not relate to Islam, for example Ital eating which differs drastically from Halal. So I for one am proud to be Rasta and live up in the Ites, freely choosing not according to any set of rules but according to I&I own intuition what is the best Livity for I.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/11/2018 10:09:11 AM

Jah Child,
I&i give thanks to you for your thoughtful & respectful observations here. Your thoughts are consistent with many of those expressed by Na’ima Roberts, a UK-born Muslin convert (or “revert” as Muslims say) reared in Zimbabwe who wrote the book “From My Sister’s Lips”.

I&i live in a part of Asia where Muslims and Christians co-exist in an environment of peace and mutual respect, and i'm acquainted with many Muslim women who are very proud of their religion and voluntarily follow the practice of covering themselves in accordance with its tenets. As you so correctly observe and substantiate, many religions and denominations promote the practice of women dressing modestly, and many women find solace in this inasmuch as people judge them more for their thoughts and their actions, and not so much their physical appearances. It also cuts down on unwanted advances from men who seem to unconsciously treat covered women with more respect.

I&i been a Rasta from ever since Creation, but heard the Song Prophets who led me to His Holy Name back in the early 1970s. RastafarI has been the Righteous path for me to trod and grow spiritually upon, and I&i continue to grow on it. While doing so i’m ever more impressed by His Majesty’s words exhorting us to “tolerate and live side by side with those of other faiths”.

The longer I&i have lived among Muslims, the more impressed i have been become with their piety, their righteous conduct and contributions to the community, and their generosity to those in need. The fact that they get down on their knees without fail to worship Jah (who they call “Allah”) five times a days is a very beautiful demonstration of humility and reverence.

Islam is not the path for me as I&i long ago found that path in Jah RastafarI, but I&i very respectful of others who seek Jah & His Righteousness via different paths. JAH shows each of us truths in a way that suits the person and his/her own culture and environment. Respect for one another is one of our highest callings.

ONE LOVE. WE ARE ONE PEOPLE.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/8/2019 2:14:40 PM

Brutal Warning to America From Egyptian Woman: Wake Up or Be Wiped Out

An Egyptian woman under the pen name Magda Borham wrote a letter to Western countries, warning them of their immediate danger from Islamic invasion via “immigration.” And she has a brutal message for Americans.

Having lived in Egypt for more than 30 years, she states:

“Nobody else in the world knows Islam and the mentality of Muslims more than those who have suffered by having Islam as a part of their life.

“If you listen to the cries of the Copts of Egypt, the Christians of Syria, Iraq, Sudan, Pakistan and all the other Muslim countries, you will hear the descriptions of the horrors of Islam.

“See and feel the tears of the minorities in every Islamic society. These tears will tell you the true stories of Islam. Hear the blood of the ex-Muslims pounding. It’s their blood that is shouting out every single second, asking the rest of the world to ‘Wake up!'”

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 2:33:26 AM

"Protecting U.S. interest" takes on a whole new meaning:

I recently learned a bit of new information about Islamic law from a new Kashmiri friend, Owais, while we were travelling through Kashmir: Islam forbids the charging of interest on loans of money by banks or individuals. [The Bible also contains severe restrictions on the application of interest, but these have been "interpreted away" or ignored for the most part by so-called "Christian nations, just as the governments & big banking institutions of Islamic nations tend to ignore the Islamic prohibition ".] Compliant Islamic banking is based on fees for services rendered, not charging interest. When I heard that a big light bulb came on over my head as to why Islam and Muslims are so aggressively demonized by Western governments rooted in usury (e.g., Israel, the UK, the U.S., etc.), financial institutions and broadcast/print media: Creating fiat money (out of thin air) and then charging interest on that money is the single most potent means by which (1) the world’s elite leisure class legally harvests goods and service from the working class for free, (2) smaller nations are maintained in perpetual debt slavery by the West’s international banking monopolies, and (3) Washington exerts coercive power over the world’s governments. Wikipedia (not the best CIA-edited source, but okay for some basic statistical information) states that: “As of 2015, $2.004 trillion in assets were being managed in a sharia compliant [no interest] manner according to the State of the Global Islamic Economy Report.” Two trillions dollars isn’t just a drop in the bucket -- that’s TWO TRILLION REASONS for Washington’s and Tel Aviv’s wars, regime changes and genocides. This is why I like to travel and meet people. You can’t help but learn more about the world we live in and how it really works.

SOONER OR LATER JAH TRUTH ALWAYS COMES TO LIGHT. RASTAFARI!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I