Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=31

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/10/2019 6:16:39 AM

Yes, embracing enemies is a concept taught and exhorted of us by Jesus and His Majesty JAH RastafarI*. Of course, if all people waited to embrace others until (and only on the condition that) those others were ready to embrace them, we'd have...well, we'd have the rule of the Babylon System on earth we have today. The righteous man has to follow the Teaching of His Majesty and take the first step with arm out-stretched. Call it taking the High Road, making the first gesture toward Peace or whatever, it's the harnessing of the Power of JAH Love and the rejection of foolish pride.

There are so many different interpretations of religions by their adherents that i hesitate to try to make any generalization about what any particular adherent (or group of adherents) of a religion believes. I&i experience people one by one and I&i never cease to be amazed by how incredibly different people are from the commonly accepted stereotypes applied to them.

*Lest we ever confuse the actions of H.I.M, Emperor of All Creation, with the Law that we, His Idren, are required to follow. If i could Create a man, then i could destroy him, but since i can't Create a man (only JAH can do that), i must follow the Commandments.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2019 7:19:15 AM

Please don't confuse the teachings or actions of His Majesty with Jesus. Jesus was the cheek turning pacifist created in order to keep people from uprising or engaging in any revolutionary thought. Again, turn the other cheek and your reward will be given after death etc.

His Majesty said WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT

Being righteous and being loving with a peace first attitude does NOT mean that one has to love their enemy nor roll over for their enemy. InI don't come here to be crucified without a fight

Ethiopia has always been victorious over it's enemies give praises to Jah

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/10/2019 10:26:04 AM

I&i think we've been down this path before, G.A. -- Naturally, His Majesty's Teaching harmonize with His prior incarnation's Teachings. Unless His Majesty personally hands a person a gun and directs him/her where to point it and to pull the trigger, then we, His Idren, are all beseeched and admonished to follow His Law & Commandments. What His Majesty did or did not do with His Own Hands or how he personally directed others during His incarnate exploits is completely irrelevant since it's not His Actions or Authority that we are talking about here, but our own.

Neither you nor i can Create a life, hence, neither you nor i can rightfully destroy one based upon our own judgment & motives. Such a mentality has been the source of all of the atrocities and war crimes ever perpetrated, and, therefore, is why JAH's Commandment exists.

Only JAH has the Divine Authority to make the ruling and take the action that terminates the human (YouMan) life that He has Created.

As RastafarI, our supreme Power, and the only weapon against which the Enemy has no defense, is JAH Love. This is the magnificent strength and wisdom that JAH has bestowed upon us, and this is what distinguishes us as warriors who cannot be defeated: The Awesome Power of His Love. Not everyone understand how to deploy and use this unparalleled and unstoppable weapon, but to those who seek H.I.M sincerely and for righteous purposes, it will be revealed.

Suggesting that RastafarI and JAH Love have anything to do with granting license to commit violence and murder is really disturbing. That is a serious misinterpretation which can potentially mislead people to sin and to commit horrific wrongful acts which cannot be undone.

While a man is given the free will to make the choice whether or not to follow JAH's Law and His Commandments, choosing to engage in potentially lethal violence in defiance of His Commandment to accomplish one's goal is never, despite whatever deception is invoked, done in the Name of JAH RastafarI; it's done at the behest of (and to the delight of) the Enemy.

"If you get down and you quarrel every day, you're saying prayers to the devils, I say"

"Would you let the system make you kill your brotherman,
No dread no"

- Bob Marley & the Wailers

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2019 9:25:01 PM

WE AFRICANS WILL FIGHT

Is a direct instruction to InI Africans.

It gets no simpler and no more direct

There is a time for everything even war as shown by the EXAMPLE of HIM and his instruction to I as an African

Whether you know it or not you are corrupted by Jesus teachings. Jesus is not I ruler. HAILE Selassie is. And again, it gets no clearer

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/11/2019 3:31:36 AM

We are all fighting against Babylon, Garveys Africa. Theew's no disagreement about that: As RastafarI, it's what we do. The question is not one of whether we fight or not. The question is of whether we choose to use the mightiest weapon which JAH bestows upon us (i.e., Love) & against which Babylon has no defense, or instead pick up the weapons of Babylon to use. Choosing the weapons of Babylon ensures our defeat before the battle is even waged. Choosing JAH Love ensures that the battle is already won. Wielding the sword of JAH Love is not weakness, but instead the ultimate demonstration that we are in control and cannot be co-opted to serve the devil and his Babylon System. It takes far more strength to be a man of Peace than to succumb to using violence.

"I&i no come to fight flesh and blood
But spiritual wickedness in high and low places
So while they fight you down
Stand firm and give Jah thanks and praises"
- Bob Marley & the Wailers (reference Ephesians 6:12)

The devil is the great deceiver who dupes even the cleverest of men to take up arms against one another. I&i sad that you appear to be a victim of this, G.A. It's not a condemnation of you because even the wisest of men seeking righteousness has succumbed to the devil's deceptions. Resisting & overcoming the devil's seductions is a battle that every one of us fights every single day. That you cling to a predilection toward violence over brotherly Love does, however, sadden me greatly.

The one thing i can admonish you with, based upon the direct testimony from the mouths of every person i've ever known (and there have been many) who has ever taken a human life, including my own father, regardless how glorious or righteous the cause supposedly was: The horror, guilt, shame, and mental torment of having taken another human's life follows you every day for the rest of your life. It follows you to the grave. i cannot think of a single person i know who has taken a human life who does not wish that they could undo it, nor can i think of one who of them would ever recommend doing it, for whatever justification. They all regret it and would advise anyone professing a desire for vengeance (aka "justice") through violence to rethink their position.

JAH RastafarI is the embodiment of Love, which is the greatest power against evil conceivable. As anger and desire for vengeance burn within you, G.A., there must be some part of you that tells you that it is unholy -- an emotion born of the devil's desire to manipulate you into acting against JAH Idren. The bullet fired cannot be recalled. The bomb dropped cannot be unexploded. The lifeless body of the child -- an unintended victim of your weapons-- cannot be revived and reunited with his mother.

That you fail to equate H.I.M. Haile Selassie to his former incarnation bespeaks a rebelliousness within you against the personage of Jesus Christ. i am intimately familiar with such a rebelliousness as i myself harbored it for many decades of my life. The sullying of Christ's name by all of the evil that has been perpetrated in the Name of Jesus Christ makes it hard to see how anything Holy could be associated with Christ or Christianity. i cannot alter your way of thinking. I can only point out that Christ's own Teachings also condemn the very atrocities that have been committed in (and blaspheme) His Name.

His Majesty's Love and Teachings clearly harmonize with those of Jesus Christ, and there is such an abundance of Truth in that that it hardly seems necessary to press the point. While i'm not given to using His Words to try to persuade people, i think Haile Selassie said it beautifully during His 1968 Christmas interview:

H.I.M.:

"When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him."

"It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek Him shall find Him. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ." - Haile Selassie I, December 25, 1968

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/11/2019 12:08:13 PM

You quote Bob Marley
Bob Marley is not Jah
You quote Jesus
Jesus is not Jah

Give thanks for the many African brothers from outside of Ethiopia and all of the Jamaican and Carribean Rastafari Africans who fought as Black Lion warriors in the ItalioEthiopian war and slaughtered the enemies of Ethiopia in the name of HIM. His Majesty thanked them. As do i. Of course love is preferable to war. But war in the name of equal rights and justice when necessary is directly blessed and ordained by Jah himself for I as an African. There is no debate. Maybe you are not aware of His Majesty works in the housing and training of GUERILLA warriors from other African nations in the name of independence and the OAU

Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/11/2019 12:42:27 PM

To those who would cite His Majesty's worldly exploits as some sort of justification or license for us, His Idren, to use violence i would emphasize that we must not ever confuse the authority or actions of H.I.M, the Emperor of All Creation, with the Law that we, His Idren, are required to follow. We do not have the infinite judgement, authority or Righteousness of H.I.M. If you or i could Create a man, then you or i might have the authority to destroy him; but since you or i cannot Create a human (only JAH can do that), we must follow JAH Law and the Commandments.

As quoted above, His Majesty cited the life of His prior incarnation, Jesus Christ, as "exemplary" and one to be emulated.

JAH LOVE, RASTAFARI.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/11/2019 1:05:53 PM

You see him GARVEYS? Of course you do.. This man Nesta1 literally told us to not follow the example of H.I.M...

Context: Justification of violence

Nesta1: '..i would emphasize that we must not ever confuse the authority or actions of H.I.M, with the Law that we, His Idren, are required to follow.'

Now hes gonna say I'm misquoting & out of context. Lol

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/11/2019 5:36:21 PM

Yes. It's clear. Some people use His Majesty as a reference point but when it all comes down to it it is JESUS teachings and example which takes priority if any conflict of interest occurs.

And then there are others who solely rely on the example of His Majesty as their nucleus. If His Majesty went to war and ordained physical defence of what was rightfully his. And thanked those who fought for him. I can only hope and pray that I can follow his same example and learn when to utilise warfare if necessary and how to be victorious as he was. And also, when to show restraint and when to show compassion toward ones enemies when the victory has already been won - with the many Italian captees which he allowed safe passage and removal from Ethiopia after the war was over. But best believe when it was time for war, it was war. Same with Menelik to the Incient Ethiopian royalty and ancestors and so on. This is the example I follow more than any Bible story

I man done on this issue. Each to their own.

I just find it DANGEROUS and OFFENSIVE when people tell the MAAFA tribe to turn the other cheek in the face of physical threat and oppression. No more shall we be lamb to the slaughter

Give thanks

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/11/2019 9:06:40 PM

Breath of fresh air!!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I