Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=61

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/16/2019 7:44:51 AM

I havent read that much of the Quran. It doesnt completly agree with the bible esp the new testament, yet shares the same principals and values esp with the old testament.
The truth in the Quran is such that I cannot disagree, neither can I disagree with the New Testament books, just that the half has never been told

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/16/2019 7:58:19 AM

Yes, books like the Bible and the Quran are so complex and subject to widely disparate interpretations that i put more stock in my firsthand experiences with how the adherents to a given religion conduct themselves than i do in anyone's specific interpretations or generalizations about the scriptural texts.
i agree that one will find Wisdom both in the Bible and the Quran.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/16/2019 12:03:26 PM

The truely beautiful, valuable, precious things are usually hidden. For example; a flower's perfume and bleauty is only appreciated when it blossoms, Money in the bank. Fresh fruit in the kernel. The exposure of this things risks diminishing their value.
Now hair is a valuable thing, most of it grows on the top of our heads. I think is is meaningful to cover our hair and bodies approprietly.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 8:08:00 AM

Interesting observation, RasTafarIWork. Islam regards a woman’s hair as one of her special charms and teaches that viewing it should be reserved for her husband, male members of her close family, and other Muslim sisters. The point being to protect her honor by not inciting unfamiliar men to lust after her because of her physical appearance. Many women find covering their hair and bodies empowering – seeing that men tend to treat women dressed modestly with more respect and view them more like people than like objects. For example, it’s interesting to note that Rastawomban JAH Child says here that she also chooses to dress modestly, covering her hair and body in public.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/21/2019 9:40:11 AM

It has NOTHING to do with modesty. It has EVERYTHING to do with oppression and sub-human treatment / control. The major difference with Islam and other cultures, is that in Islam it is not optional. Not wearing the Hijab is punishable by beating and death.. Islam is truly despicable. The most evil ideology ever devised.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 9:59:52 AM

Yes, Mr. BANNED, we're all aware of your stereotype position with respect to Islam. Now do you mind if those if us who want to exchange our less hostile ideas share them with one another without being disrupted by your now well-establish vitriol? Yes, we get it. You don't like Islam. My comment was specifically addressed to RasTafarIWork in response to his comment, not to you.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 11:53:40 AM

Crimes in Christianity and Judaism punishable by death:

Deuteronomy 22:20 says that if a bride can't prove her virginity "she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death."

Also "for every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death,"

Let's not forgot Deuteronomy is LAW.

"Exodus 31:15: "For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death."

Blasphemy or the worship / prophecy of any other God then Bible God also punishable by death. Garveys Africa is guilty!

That is if ones are following the true LAW as given to Moses! ANew Testament warriors and Jesus Dreads should not be as weak as other Chrsitians concerning this Law as:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 12:23:19 PM

Yes, the Bible says some crazy things. To me, it's quite obvious that it has been tampered with and corrupted many time over by people editing and inserting text to suit there own agendas. It was written by men, who were purportedly divinely inspired, but has passed through many hands and opportunities for adulteration. I&i find some beautiful poetry & teachings of Wisdom in the Bible which have been very useful to me personally in coping with the spiritual challenges that one faces in their trod through Babylon; but there are many parts of the Bible that are either enigmas to me or just plain nonsense (e.g., Levitical laws, 'ya gonna burn is hell', etc.).

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/21/2019 12:29:39 PM

Lol forget about the new testament.. And the reformation brought by christ. Or Haile Selassies CLEAR teachings on following christ..

And that MIGHT be a historical set of examples.. Islam is doing this NOW

Big difference

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 12:33:32 PM

Nesta. Brace yourself for some intense criticism. Lol. Of course your right but not every Ras here will so openly admit critique of the Bible!

I was only referring to these punishable by death crimes in relation to the brethren Hemphill mentioning similarly mundane "crimes" in Islam being punishable by death for those living by the letter of the Qur'an. This is the problem of living by Abrahamic religions in literalsim and fundamentalism. And considering such as "God's word"

Hemphill....there are MANY sets of people still living today in 2019 by fundamental Old Testament Law. Don't just think of commercial Christianity and their lackadaisical adherence to scripture

Similarly, there are many Muslims who do not follow the letter of the Qur'an in reference to capital punishment and will use there discernment when addressing such matters.

The point being ALL Abrahamic religious dogma are very similar including in the topic of capital punishment.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I