Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=41

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/12/2019 7:10:30 AM

The tragedy of bloodlust is that satisfying it (and it is never fully satiated) does nothing to weaken or defeat the Babylon System (to the contrary, it just emboldens & strengthens it). Instead, the evil mentality remains more powerful than ever and the perpetrator of “justice” just ends up maiming or killing some other poor, lowly fellow who was recruited by the Babylon System and duped into fighting for or defending it.

One must always ask: Am i really sufficiently wise & divinely-inspired to be sure that my selection of the victims of my violence are actually genuine spiritual enemies? To delude ourselves into believing that we have the divine inspiration & judgement in our actions that Haile Selassie exhibited in His historic actions is the pinnacle of hubris (e.g., defiance of JAH); and i am certainly mightily wary of anyone who claims to speak as a leader FOR His Majesty in directing me to murder. Most of the human targets of righteous indignation placed before us for the imposition of “justice” are nothing more than stooges duped by the Babylon System (e.g., Did the Iraqi seeking “justice” for the murder of his family and destruction of his country achieve any “justice” by shooting that 19-year-old kid from Nebraska who was naively duped into the devil’s service by the likes of Dick Cheney? Or did he just delight the devil by creating yet one more tragedy and another victim of the System?).

In order to realize the Power of JAH Love to win battles against the Enemy, one must not only pursue the secular personage of Haile Selassie, but also (and especially) His Divine Oneness within us. There is no “school” for that nor for spiritual warfare employing the Power of JAH Love, and these are no more intuitive to the secular, earthly mind than is “the Art of War” by Sun Tzu. Victory requires us to look within and commit to unwavering faith in the Divine Power of His Majesty. To misconceive that wielding the Power of JAH Love as a weapon is to “do nothing” about a genuine affront, betrays an absence of spiritual (divine) context in one’s relationship with JAH RastafarI and an immersion primarily in the process of secular intellectualization.

I&i harbor no illusions that my feeble words will persuade or motivate anyone to change who is at a different stage along the trod through Babylon. My writings are only intended to present concepts. A person must choose or reject the spiritual (Divine) Power of JAH according to one’s own frame of mind and stage in the journey. I&i accept that.

JUST KEEP SEEKING H.I.M. IN EARNEST.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/12/2019 8:41:22 AM

If God is man. The Devil is man too.

Anyone who talks to me about being "duped by the devil" is just using an external locus of control and afraid to acknowledge their own role in fukkery. Every man has a choice. There is no devil only devilish acts.

"It wasn't me the devil made me do it" Cannot work. And I want to see where you get these ideas from because it isn't Haile Selassie or the trod of Rastafari.

And once again, it's a failure of understanding maybe even a purposeful ignorance to label self defence and the fight for equal rights and justice as bloodlust.

MEANWHILE Nesta ponders over the devil and pacifism

Halle Selassie and Ethiopia housed and sanctioned the training of African leaders including Nelson Mandela the art of Guerilla warfare even how to utilise explosives in the fight against colonialism. So please dont tell me about pacifism and then tell me to SEEK HIM IN EARNEST. It seems some have a pick and choose attitude to the example of His Majesty

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/12/2019 1:16:25 PM

Our Father, H.I.M. Haile Selassie I, understood the essential nature of peace and promoted it tirelessly. We can follow His Exhortations to peace if we seek not just the personage of His Majesty, but His Divine Oneness within us.

“I worship Jesus Christ.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“To win the War, to overcome the enemy upon the fields cannot alone ensure the Victory in Peace. The cause of War must be removed. Each Nation's rights must be secure from violation. Above all, FROM THE HUMAN MIND MUST BE ERASED ALL THOUGHTS OF WAR AS A SOLUTION. Then and then only will War cease.”--H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“The Charter of the United Nations expresses the noblest aspirations of man: ABJUGATION OF FORCE IN THE SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES BETWEEN STATES; the assurance of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion; the safeguarding of international peace and security.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“Mahatma Gandhi [champion of the power of nonviolent action] will always be remembered as long as free men and those who LOVE FREEDOM AND JUSTICE live. The name Mahatma Gandhi has become synonymous with RIGHT and JUSTICE; towards this end it has become an inspiration to millions of oppressed people and has kindled the light of liberty. Today, when world peace is threatened with atomic and nuclear weapons capable of annihilating the human race, Mahatma Gandhi's TEACHINGS OF LOVE AND TRUTH AND OF RESPECT FOR OTHERS' RIGHTS have become even more meaningful than at any other time.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

The proclamation that “JAH Love protects us” is not merely a beautiful song lyric chanted by the I-Threes; it embodies the Truth of the Power which protects all of us continually. Why obsess over the power of violence by one’s own hand when we have the Lion of Judah as our Protector? "O ye of little faith." If the need comes for self-defense then so be it, but why vision & obsess over it while pushing aside and scoffing at H.I.M. and His Love which actually do protect every one of us each and every day?

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/12/2019 6:56:39 PM

One can never seperate the teachings of Haile Selassie from those of Iyesus Kristos. Many of His Majesty's teachings speak of Iyesus Kristos, one would have to disregard many of Haile Selassies teachings to do so. So much of what His Majesty teaches and the example that HIM gave was inspired by Iyesus Kristos. To deny one is to deny the other, they are one.

Iyesus Kristos taught to turn the other cheek, however we humans only have two cheeks. Iyesus Kristos also had His disciples carry swords. Would a pacifist have his followers carry swords? Would a pacifist take a whip and use it to remove the corrupted priests from the temple? Will it be a pacifist that slays the wicked? Iyesus Kristos is not a pacifist.

Both Haile Selassie and Iyesus Kristos are for peace, love and the Inity of humanity. They will fight if they must, but they do it as a last resort, only when it is truly necessary. That is the teachings and example that they both gave.

Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/12/2019 8:47:11 PM

It seems some have a problem understanding the word UNTIL.
Also, His Majesty went to war and thanked others from other countries joining him in battle.
Also, His Majesty sanctioned the training of soldiers and leaders from other countries to fight revolutionary war.

These are the examples of His Majesty

This is very repetitive

All you have proven is that Rastafari see violent acts and warfare as a LAST RESORT. Which we all would agree.jahcub - not all RASTA Infact a large proportion of RASTA see Jesus as separate from His Majesty. Many RASTA don't deal with Jesus at all or even believe in the story of Jesus. I won't get into this now but this is a fact. Rastafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/12/2019 9:10:26 PM

African Americans and Carribean RASTA who travelled to Ethiopia to help fight the Italians should be praised and uplifted as Rastafari HEROES. Whether we personally believe in pacifism or not whether we believe in Jesus or not the fact people have put their life on the line for His Majesty and killed the enemies of Ethiopia in order to defend Ethiopia should be regarded as nothing short of miraculous righteousness.

Ones should look into JOHN C. ROBINSON one of the first African Americans to travel to Ethiopia to join the Ethiopian army in battle. Halle Selassie was so pleased with his work and dedication he made him one of the Ethiopian armys highest ranking lieutenants

It must be said. Condemning the actions of these men is highly offensive.

War is a LAST RESORT. Nobody is arguing violence. We are all proclaimed Rastafari. Of course violent acts are not a way of our trod. We are only talking about self defence and the most last resort of circumstances. But the examples of history are very plain and very simple. Please do not deny history.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/12/2019 10:44:55 PM

I know there are RastafarI bredren and sistren that don't deal with "Jesus" His Majesty (as far as I know) never used the name "Jesus", He always refered to Jesus as Iyesus Kristos and much more can be said about that. The two (Jesus and Iyesus) are different people, in name, color, birth date and birth place...

And yes, there are ones that don't deal with Iyesus Kristos, nor the bible.

Even still, it cannot be denied that Haile Selassie loved and took refuge in the the teachings of Iyesus Kristos and the bible and that HIM prescribed it to all mankind. So if a follower of His Majesty also finds joy, guidance and comfort in the same teachings as His Majesty, it does not make them no less a RastafarI. How could it? They are more fully following what RasTafarI taught and practised.
To deny the bible and Iyesus Kristos, one would have to deny much of what Haile Selassie taught and the example He gave.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/12/2019 11:48:26 PM

If this site had a 'like' button.. You sir would get one!

End of the day, its the example of Haile Selassie that is the most relevant for us to follow.. The perfect culmination of all of it.. Just beware of those who say to not follow H.I.M.. Like when we read this:'..i would emphasize that we must not ever confuse the authority or actions of H.I.M, with the Law that we, His Idren, are required to follow.'

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/13/2019 12:55:28 AM

Are we going here?

Jahcub I agree completely. But I speak for the Rastafari who don't come to the light of Rastafari through any Bible story. It's not because of ANYTHING in the bible why I and many like I declare Haile Selassie as I nucleus. The bible stories are so irrelevant to I might aswell be fairytale. And much of what I know tells me it largely is.

The fact Haile Selassie is a Christian is no problem for I whatsoever. If he was Muslim, i still say Rastafari. If he was Mormon, I still say Rastafari...and so on: I know WHY he was a Christian. I know who taught him Christianity. I know who brought Christianity to Ethiopia. I know what was the ORIGINAL spirituality of Ethiopia pre Christianity. I know WHY the king at the time decided to make the people convert. I know the differences between Ethiopian Christianity and Western Christianity. I know those differences are the subtle remnants and practices which have trickled down into Ethiopian Christianity through the 'old time religion' more ancient spirituality of Aksum/Kush. I know how to extrapolate them from the mythology. I know mythology is mythology. I know that as an African member of the Diaspora, Haile Selassie is I ever reigning ever living KING. I know that I people in Africa in America in Jamaica were prophesizing his coming and championing Ethiopia before his crowning again for reasons NOTHING to do with the Bible. I know many many many of the very first Rastafari never read a Bible or dealt with Bible in any shape or form. I know Rastafari is the original man. I know the original man never born with Bible in hand!

Finally, a Rastafari who uses the Bible and believes in the Bible DOES NOT share the same religious beliefs of Haile Selassie. Halle Selassie was an Orthodox Christian. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church has some profound differences between themselves and the Rastafari community. One being, they do not class Rastafari as the Almighty. If one was to FULLY EMULATE the ways of His Majesty and wanted to include religious mythos and practice one would be an Ethioian Orthodox member and NOT a Rastafari. Many people have cut their locks to do this. THEY can claim they are fully emulating His Majestys spiritual practice. But RASTA can't anymore than I. But a man's spiritual belief has no bearing in Rastafari because RASTAFARI IS NOT A RELIGION!

My mother is of a different belief then I. That doesn't make me any LESS of a devout follower of my mother's teachings and examples.

And so on and so on

Hemphill has de ja vu at this point lol

Rastafari

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/13/2019 5:35:17 AM

While we can conform our cognitive belief system to anything we want it to be, this does not alter the fundamental Truth which will Idureth forIver regardless of attempts to alter it through intellectualization. The acts of RastafarI viewed through the limitations of human cognition are subject to wide and varied interpretations. In the absence of a realization of the Divine Oneness of His Majesty within us, the history of His Majesty, and its significance, depend mainly upon the cultural and experiential background of the person assessing them, and hence, convey a secular message subject to individual interpretation as opposed to a Divine Truth upon which righteous and moral living can be founded.

Be wary of a wolf in sheep's clothing who cites His Majesty's acts as an example and a justification while rejecting (and even scorning) His Majesty's own self-proclaimed Christian spiritual underpinnings. They would lead you to believe you can reap a good fruit perpetually without regard for the tree from which it was harvested or its cultivation.

I&i will reiterate: We rely upon recorded documentation of His Majesty's worldly exploits. What His Majesty did during His Life involved Judgement, Wisdom, and Divine guidance which, as a general rule, differ vastly from those we we access as His Idren in our everyday lives. To delude ourselves into believing that we possess the Divine motivation & Judgement in our actions that Haile Selassie I exhibited in His historic actions is the pinnacle of hubris (e.g., defiance of JAH). His Majesty articulated to us the root of His Own Morality and Guidance: Jesus Christ and His Teachings. Rejecting those while simultaneously invoking His Majesty as an example, is to rely solely upon one's own understanding or misunderstanding.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I