Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=71

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 12:38:54 PM

I know many Muslims who state the hijab is optional and do not wear such. I know many Muslims who wear a Hijab yet wouldn't be punished by death for not doing so. Yet I am aware they may be some who do face such punishment.

Abrahamic law get a blow from I. Whether dressed as Muslim or Christianity. The two of them ordain slavery

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 12:46:23 PM

Respect, G.A..
This thread is about “RESPECT for Muslim women who continue to hold firm to their faith and its Teachings in the face of... ignorance-based ridicule and mocking", not about tearing down Islam.
Hemphill conveniently ignores the words of Aisha in an earlier post when she said: “nobody ever beat me or women in our community to wear a hijab.” She was a seemingly sincere soul trying to express her opinion & Hemp chased away quickly by indiscreetly pulling the unrelated topic of rape out of thin air for shock value. He claims to stand for those poor oppressed Muslim women unless one of those poor oppressed Muslim women challenges him then it’s okay to disrespect her by bringing up a sexually explicit topic that he knows (or should know) no self-respecting Muslim woman is going to get into with a male stranger online.
i suppose that's one way to "win" your argument with a Muslim woman, but it doesn't seem like "reasoning" to me.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 1:01:36 PM

I didn't see that part. Although it can't be denied ... Mohammed and his paedophilia!

The Bible however states that from a woman reaches puberty which can be as young as 10 or 11 for women, she is "of age" for sexual maturity.

In Ezekiel we see:
"You grew and developed and entered puberty. Your breasts had formed and your hair had grown. . . . Later I passed by, and when I looked at you and saw that you were old enough for love, I spread the corner of my garment over you”

Also:

"If a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant ... If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed ... If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish."
Exodus 21:7-10

I don't like when ones criticise the Bible in an attempt to glorify the Qur'an or vice versa. Both come from the same dogma. And I know Hemphill is a devout Bible follower

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 1:03:06 PM

But freeup Aisha. People who have an outward visible cultural expression often ridiculed such as the hijab should be respected. For their perseverance and refusal to bow to babylon standards in the face of adversity and mockery.

ESPECIALLY the Congo locks tribe who walk through Rome without any apology.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 1:34:45 PM

I&i really have no solid historical contextual basis upon which to understand the relationships between men, their wives and age in 7th century AD Saudi Arabia. There are some very interesting explanations written by scholars about that singular episode Muhammad's life to which so many anti-Islam people refer. There are some very good points raised by scholars who have studied the matter in some detail; which i'm sure are of no interest whatsoever to those who simply seize upon what appears to them to be a salacious event in order to excoriate Muhammad and the whole religion of Islam. I&i refrain from passing uninformed judgment since i am neither an expert on the subject nor have any way to gauge the accuracy of the commonly recounted version (e.g., As Thomas Mann would say: Was the wife 10 years old or 13 years old or 15 years old when they consummated the marriage; all we really know for sure is that she was young and that his other wives were much older).

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/21/2019 2:42:02 PM

The way Garveys Africa presents the words from the book of Ezekiel makes it look certaintly bad, but as often he is out of context with the passage from where he quote, here as if the orator indeed had a view of taking advantage of his subject. Quite a dangerous perspective of the narrative (from my point of view) but I wish he could tell of more of what was happening in that passage, or where he quoted that from, and what intention the orator had and what then were his wholsome actions to his subject (the girl).
I dont know if the Quaran says beat sinners to death, but i dont think so. I certainly do not approve of violence it never achieve desire without damage and injustice.
I neither fight against Islam or the Hijab, I let people, afterall there are consequencies for their choices.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/21/2019 2:57:07 PM

Jesus Christ demonstrated on how to deal with sinners, remindind us of what we have been.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 3:00:56 PM

I often take the Bible out of context?

Ok don't run.....

You are against violence
Yet
The law section of your Bible indicates capital punishment for a number of sins or crimes.

I don't know how one takes LAW out of context

And your Jesus said he is here NOT to abolish the Old Testament laws.

Is this a mistake? Do you disagree with the Bible here? How will you duck and jive your way out of this one while still claiming I am out of context and the Bible is without folly?

Give thanks

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/21/2019 3:05:34 PM

When I see the Bible talk about slaves should love their slavemaster and slavemaster can beat their slaves as long as they don't kill them

And women should serve their male masters....

And now a man wants to talk to me about context??

Somethings context is neither here nor there as it says what it says. If you see a man chop his locks curse profanity toward Haile Selassie beat his woman while chewing a pork rind...... I hope you don't first ask for the context.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/21/2019 3:14:34 PM

Yea you do, like right now about that passage.
There are capital purnishments elsewhere not only in the bible, try the contitutions of solverein states.
And I will not go arguing with you, you seem to have prepared a list of negative things, which we should deal with, esp when you are out of context, and our perceptions are different.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I