Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=51

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/13/2019 10:22:01 AM

So Nesta refuses to accept the validity of Rastafari both Ancient and Original in this trod who put fire under any Jesus story?

InI who created this trod need not validation from any man

Rastafari come in many different forms of belief and spirituality as Rastafari is not a belief system or religion. I ancestors created this world's first religions which without there would be no Jesus story. I ancestors Always knew the difference between reality and mythology. Stories of which characters are created to give the illusion of reality no different to Ausar and Auset only the purpose was to convey a message and the meaning and never to be taken as literal. I and I have since trod through many many many different forms of mythology and parable since then; how foolish it would be of I to get caught up in 1 paradigm of ignorance to the rest.

I am an ancient original man who trod long before any book bible biblios. I long before Jesus or Abraham and Abrahamic denomination. Overstand with whom you speak. Original man on this earth is I Garvey's Africa and I deal with nature and African livity under the ever lasting ever ruling King Haile Selassie what can anyone come to tell I about religion and 2000 year middle east story which couldn't make up but a punctuation mark in the 200000 year history across this globe of I. I am an Ethiopian Kushite and I have an original way of life long long long before foreign man came into Ethiopia and tricked King Ezana. Foreign influence is not originality. Don't mix carbon with copy. Before any of I ancestors say Rastafari is Christ I did say Rastafari is the Almighty. This is chronological fact of I trod which name Rastafari.

For years now this forum has accepted the globally accepted truth among Rastafari that In personal belief systems whether God fearing or God rebuking have no baring on the validity of InI as RASTAFARI. There is no misunderstanding. As an original man there is no possibility of I relying on Bible just come story of parable mythos and historical innacuracy.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/13/2019 11:17:58 AM

"God" is man. "God" in man. Rastafari is I.

These are all concepts that Irignally come from I. Long before any such concept was introduced into the Bible. I am a one who connect to the SOURCE and not the outlier.

If you overstand this you will overstand why the Bible is nothing to I. The parts of the Bible which some Rastafari choose to accept and seek refuge in are concepts which do not originate with the Bible. Again, I am not here to deal with tertiary sources. Just because one puts fire On Jesus story and Bible is not to say that one disagrees with all of the messages of which the stories contain (some yes!). Put another way, the author of a book in the Bible need not read the book in which he wrote and partially plagiarized.

An original message always is higher than a Chinese (GrecoRoman) whisper

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/13/2019 11:51:33 AM

G.A., you wrote:
"So Nesta refuses to accept the validity of Rastafari both Ancient and Original in this trod who put fire under any Jesus story?"

i'm not even certain exactly what you're trying to say by that (i.e., i don't believe i've made any comment regarding "the validity of Rastafari both Ancient and Original in this trod"). Nevertheless, just to keep these reasonings clean & respectful:

I&i will try not to paraphrase, re-interpret or re-state in my own words my perception of your perspective and/or what you've written (which i may have inadvertently done already and if so apologize) if you'll please extend to me that same courtesy.

The reasoning is already quite spirited and interesting without such distraction.

JAH LOVE PROTECTS US

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/13/2019 1:43:52 PM

The Bible is an African book, the middle east is part of Africa. Christianity was in Ethiopia from the begining, with the baptism of the eunuch by Philip, long before King Ezana. Long before the eunuch, Menelik I brought the Ark of the Covenant to Ethiopia. Israelites been in Ethiopia long long time. Iyesus Kristos is original man, there from the begining, the Word became flesh. Iman original man same way.

The stories been told many times, first written up in the stars. In the heavens and on the earth the stories are acted out again and again. No plagiarism.

Bless up
Give Jah the praise
RasTafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/13/2019 3:10:55 PM

The ark of the covenant? So you are relying on the Kebra Negast a book 600-1000 years old at a stretch with stories about what may have happened 1-2000 years before it's origin. You can't see any problems there? If somebody in 4019 writes a story about you Jahcub?

The Bible is not an African book. That is simply incorrect. Half of the Bible the NT originates in the Greek language, and the Old Testament from Greek translations of Hebrew script via the Septuagint. And THEN the Bible of course was assimilated by the Council of Nicea throwing and omitting what they like and adding what THEY choose. What is African about this? NO African country adopted Christianity as their National religion without foreign influence.... what is originally African about this?

There are no historical references for the baptism of this Eunuch outside of the Bible. You can't reference the contents of a story for validation of that same story. I can show you real life evidence that the national spirituality of Ethiopia pre Ezana was directly descended from Aksumite religion. Ezana replaced symbols of natures divinity with symbols of the cross. Some of the pieces before hand and after which I have images of. Punt and Aksum draw their inspiration dirrctly from that of Ancient Kemet or African Kemet and the surroundings. Quite different to that of Frumentius.

There is no satisfactory historical evidence for any Iyasus Jesus. As much circumstantial evidence exists in favour as there is against. In I viewpoint Jesus was a fantasy created from the affairs of Marian and a Roman Soldier. The story was elaborated to create a savior of pacifism in order to subdue the uprisings which were taking at the time. Give them a pacifist saviour and promise them rewards after death and they will remain passive and enslaved. Give them a saviour of might and revolution and the opposite will happen. It's well documented the effects of religion in the control of the masses.

Either way for ANY message conveyed in the Bible which we see as valid or important I guarantee I can show you the SAME message in older, more original, African spiritual systems

Finally and the most important point. If the entire story of the Bible were true. It would still be irrelevant as it only covers a 6000 year period and focuses on a geographical location between the middle east and most north eastern part of Africa. Compare this to African history which stretches 200000+ years and several times over the geography of the Bible. For me, to focus on the former and largely ignore the latter is blasphemy and an insult to I race. I am all about black ipremact and originality and I cannot find that with the Bible. If you can, then more power to you.

I am aware and perfectly fine with the acknowledgement that some righteous Rastafari brethren and sistren hold the Bible up to the highest esteem; and some don't. Who cares what tools the individuals use to come to the light of Rastafari and African ipremacy if we both reach the same destination (and I am talking to the I as though the I is an African, my mistake if not)

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 1/13/2019 8:26:17 PM

I rely on the Most High, not any book. The first scrolls were written in the heavens, long before man walked on this earth. Those stories from the stars are reinacted again and again in the heavens and on this here earth. Man has written those stories down over and over again, from Incient times, to biblical times, to modern times and man will write them again in future times.

The bible is African because it takes place in Africa. The stories in it and most the characters in it are African.

The fact that Rome wants to take claim of giving Africa the bible or christianity doesn't make it so. It's just like when they tried to teach I in school that Greece was the cradle of civilization, which we both know is not so. It's funny, because if you study what the Greeks said, they will claim that they learned from Africa. The Greeks were proud to learn from Africa, because Africa is the craddle of civilization not Greece and it was the highest honour to study in Africa. It's said that Pythagorus spent 20 years just in preparation so that he could study in Kemet.

Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/14/2019 2:53:26 AM

[Reproduced from an earlier post:]
The Bible is a very old and confusing Book. It contains incredible and beautiful Truth and also contains a lot of superfluous material that is confusing and largely irrelevant (and often unintelligible) to the modern reader. Non-essential. One need not know the Bible cover to cover to know JAH or to know Truth. See, JAH is inside everyone and speaks to you directly. You need to listen. JAH also sent to us song prophets who distilled the Truth and give it to us with His New Song, new music (reggae). So see, JAH has many way to communicate the Truth to His Idren.
I have a favorite passage from an interview with Bob Marley. Bob said: “Well, I've been a Rasta from ever since. You know. But, is not how long I've been a Rasta, is how long it takes you to grow up. Cause, what you is what you is, from beginning to the end, you can never change 'cause even if you adopt things, later on they filter right out. So I was Rasta from creation, you know…… Me is a common sense man, that mean when me explain things me explain it in a very simple way that mean even when me explain it to a baby the baby will understand too, you know.”
The baby will understand too. Well, of course. Because if the baby can't get it, how can it be JAH LOVE? Beware of men in robes and on video tapes who offer to "interpret" the Bible for you because "it's very complex". "Complex" is how the devil deceives people. The Truth is simple and fresh like a baby's breath or the scent of a flower blossom.
---------------------------------------------------------------

JAH Truth and Wisdom are archetypal, and recur over the history of mankind throughout many mythologies which have been used to convey them. This is why we cannot simply exclude one man's perceptions as irrelevant or untrue simply because he does not share our particular faith.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/16/2019 6:31:29 AM

1 day I was scrolling thru family pictures with my nephew about 4 or 5 years old.
So, 1 by 1 I was teaching him the names of his kin, by asking him each of their names (which he could bearly pronounce), as we perused thro the photos. A photo of HIM Enperor Haile Selassie I came up, and I asked him Who This One Was. Confidently, knowingly, he said that This One Was God.
Truth is not about facts or evidence, for then it would be present in courtrooms, national asemblies, museums and police stations. Truth is found in faith, instinct and vybe.
Mind you dont follow your heart, as it is the same as saying you will follow the vehicle, no! Find the Right Driver, as I said; faith, instinct, sound mind.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/16/2019 6:50:41 AM

That said, I man have so much Respect for the bible. When I first read the words of HIM concerning the Bible my heart was filled with joy, casting out any doubts I had heard debated about its validity.
I man have so much respect for the Quran. I have read the Gita and there is so much obvious truth in it, yet I cannot scientifically prove it so to say but time will tell.
The words of Bob Marley quoted on this thread are so obviously true they resonate with a concious heart.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/16/2019 7:28:18 AM

Respect, RasTafarIWork. It's nice to see you make mention of the Quran in your reasoning. i have only read small excerpts from the Quran and am no authority on its content, but I&i have many Muslim friends and acquaintances. Each of them are warm and kind, and are sincerely devoted to their worship of Allah, their families, their hospitality to visitors of any faith, and their charitable works (some who i know are women, but, contrary to malicious stereotypes, none of the Muslim men i know none treats women with anything but the utmost kindness and respect). As i've mentioned elsewhere in these reasonings, my impression of the Muslims i know is very favorable and i don't abide the negativity of people who tar Islam with one big negative brush and disparage it. I&i don't see the need to disparage the faith of another.
Your positive commentary is revitalizing and refreshing.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I