Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7010&start_row=21

Desiring Respect - Beneath Dreadlocks or a Hijab

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 5:42:32 AM

We must always recognize any message that seeks to divide and alienate us from another segment of humanity based simply upon religion, politics, skin color, nationality, tribal lineage, or any other physical. cultural, linguistic or ethnic characteristic, is a message originated by the devil intended to keep us JAH People separated. All people are mislead in certain ways and/or have some wrong-headed notions. After all, we're all human (YouMan). This is all the more reason that we must embrace them and demonstrate to them JAH LOVE by our example.

"They don't want to see us unite. All they want us to do is keep on fussing and fighting. They don't want to see us live together. All they want us to do is keep on killing one another."
-Bob Marley & the Wailers

JAH! RASTAFARI!

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 1/9/2019 6:06:05 AM

Really interesting Nesta! That is something I didnt know about Islam, but you're right, I have read similar laws in the Torah.
Right now I am in a Muslim country, have spent about 5 months here total... albeit not a country as strict as others. Some women walk around in shorts or crop tops, although most women are well-covered as am I but probably majority of women do not cover their hair. I see some of the women working in grocery stores chatting and having fun with their male counterparts. There are plenty of bars and clubs where people drink and party, not that I go to those places but it is allowed here. There is a Hindu restaurant that I go to often (because it is wholly vegetarian) and they have images of Radherani and Krishna all over the walls, they answer the phone saying "Hare Krsna". So it seems their religious practice is perfectly open and not limited due to their presence in this Muslim country. As far as I can see this is a Muslim country where people enjoy great freedoms and personal choices.
Not saying that all countries should become officially Muslim. Just saying that it is possible to have a Muslim country with non-Muslims in it who live happily alongside Muslims. The woman that wrote those things seems to be speaking from her own harsh experiences, and that deserves validation. It is absolutely true that some people suffer under Islam... just as some have suffered greatly in Catholicism. But am speaking from my experience here, and not all experiences are alike.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 6:43:39 AM

Jah Child, Your observations are testimony to the importance of experiencing and getting to know people and cultures firsthand as opposed to simply relying upon published/broadcast information which is almost invariably compromised by an agenda. My experiences with Muslims (especially Muslim women) and Islamic communities are nothing like what you would think they would be based upon many of the prevailing views and publications about Islam in the USA. As you can tell from my posts, my experiences with Muslims have been exceptionally positive.

Most of the sweeping disparagement of Islam comes from people with an agenda to serve and/or people who have had virtually no close and extended contact with people of the Muslim faith. Having spent a lot of time in a number of countries where Muslims constitute significant proportions of their populations, other than Israel, i can think of none where Muslims and people of other faiths don't generally coexist in harmony. In Israel, there is a lot of effort made by people with agendas to foment strain between populations of Jews and Muslim. Even in the former Palestine, the overwhelming majorities of Muslims and Jews coexisted in harmony (e.g., caring for each their children) for centuries. The devil had to invest a lot of capital there to foment the divisions & create the hostility that exists today. Even still, you'll find in Israel that most Jews and Muslims don't have problems with each other as people;instead they have problems with the politics of the Israeli & Palestinian political leadership.

Finally, it appears to me that you appreciate that women dressing and behaving modestly is not necessarily oppression, but often a choice they've made to signify respect for themselves and to place themselves above being viewed as "stock on the shelf" by the society around them. A woman honoring her faith and herself by choosing modesty is not always oppression as it is almost invariably portrayed as being in the West.

May JAH Bless you

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2019 3:51:30 PM

So this thread is about respecting ones who stick to their foundation in the face of ridicule and mockery? I agree.

I have to laugh at the way Hemphill entered this thread full of fire toward Muslim practice when it wasn't really what was being reasoned on. But he is right..... Hemphill, it's ALL judeochristianityislam I paint them all with the same brush. I could find a similar amount of problems / oppression/ inequality within each of the three doctrines as they ALL are rooted in the same mindset. But that isn't what Nesta was reasoning over lol

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/9/2019 4:52:00 PM

Yes I see your point. However, singling out this topic is out of context.. Nesta and I had gone back and forth for weeks at this point about a wide range of topics and islam + U.N perscribed forced mass migration was a chief amongst them.. Not only was it discussed 'in-thread' but it bled over into several smaller threads like this one..

As far as what you say "it's ALL judeochristianityislam".. I agree but disagree. Real quick... All three are used as tools of oppression by the beast system; the distinction being, the PC hyper sensitive -- liberal -- cultural establishment -- im sure you know what I mean by this.. The fashion, lgbtqrsp, everything is offensive, etc -- actively protects islam and Judaism -- by calling any critical commentary 'islamaphobic' or 'anti-semitic' which is a huge contradiction, with how islam is the most 'anti-semitic' lol -- while actively condemning Christianity... Look at germany or sweden or england where due to forced mass migration, it is punishable to criticize islam... Not only looking at the history of the three but how the establishment, the system, the New World Order, or better for here - babylon pushes and promotes while censoring and punishing others.. Like this - they push push push transgender and homosexuality while attack attack attack masculinity femininity and the nuclear family.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2019 5:19:52 PM

Christians have been punishing ones for criticising Christianity throughout history
Same with Jew'ish history

So if Muslims today are still practicing that. Nobody within the Abrahamic realm can throw a stone as their houses are full of glass

I personally attest to being antisemitic. 100% anti Semitic anti hamitic anti japheth. Anti Noahism. I agree with the I that people are afraid and encouraged not to openly criticise things in this time but as a critical thinker this could never work for I. At the same time man should be smart about timing his open criticisms in a public forum as some beliefs are worth fighting over some are too irrelevant. Which is where I am coming with Judeochristianityislam lately.... Going gradually from burning the bible at all opportunity to not giving it a care or thought whatsoever as I realise it's irrelevance in reference to I historically .

I didn't realise this argument came from previous threads I might have to search for them still.
Give thanks

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/9/2019 5:36:03 PM

We went round and round.. The thing is, my posts are hidden and will require much more digging to capture the fullness of what was discussed.. Pitty.

And I am coming more from the perspective of the over arching demonic world system that has been created. The hollywood / political elitism, the banking families, the eugenics programs, the a.i algorithms and police/survelince state, all working together to control the mind of man.. Commonly referred to as the New World Oder as coined by george h bush. A one-world-governement of unelected technological tyrants.. It 'creates' the accepted mainstream view point for the sheep masses pushed through the entertainment industries and dictates what is 'moral' or PC -- politically correct.. Islam is promoted, evident in the hesitancy and refusal to properly portray the identity of terrorist perps. Also in the 'hijab barbie'.. Christianity and more specifically the teachings of Christ have been deemed 'hate speech' and banned the world over. Social media bias is a good look into how that plays out day to day

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 11:58:01 PM

As a point of historical accuracy, George H.W. Bush famously used the the expression "New World Order" in his Sept. 11, 1991 speech before Congress, but he was merely invoking an expression that had been used (or "coined" if you will) by many before him; notably Woodrow Wilson and H.G. Wells.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/10/2019 1:01:29 AM

The big picture is: JAH People of Imanity themselves are JAH’s most precious creation and we mustn’t ever allow anyone to use a label based upon religion, ethnicity, nationality or whatever to promote separation and alienation and to keep us apart from one another. That use of stigmas and labels is how the Babylon System works to keep us apart from our brethren and sistren. Be wary of them that promote judgment, condemnation and HateDread. Embrace those of different faiths, nations and ethnicities. Learn and demonstrate tolerance, respect and understanding.
Embrace sinners (for we are all sinners) and them that you are told are your enemies.
That’s how we defeat the Babylon System.

“They don't want to see us unite
All they want us to do is keep on fussing and fighting
They don't want to see us live together
All they want us to do is keep on killing one another” – Bob Marley & the Wailers

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/10/2019 4:02:55 AM

This is true but ALL of the abrahamic religions which people attest to if being followed as a literalist or dogmatically, promote separatism and intolerance. It's written into the very corpus of each religion. Some people can claim a certain religion and still think freely and not necessarily have to stick to each written law but that doesn't negate the fact that those religions do not promote unity

I don't want to see InI embrace any group who are not willing to be embraced or unify with any group not willing to unify. No peace without justice and no peace "until." We are not here to be pacified. Embracing enemies is slave mentality, defeatist mentality, promoted by Jesus stories yet ultimately not by the example of HIM, who when necessary.... slaughtered his enemies, rightfully.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 92

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I