Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7006&start_row=131

Slavery by Another Name

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 143
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/15/2018 2:27:19 PM

Haha no no Mr. ILL you got it all twisted. If trump does good then it is good plain and simple. I do not hate trump I just don't like the bad that he does. You may claim all the bad he has done and is doing is just lies from the left, then group I in with the left and say all kinds of nastiness to I; truth is I'm not on the left or the right. I am in the center. I just things differently than you.

All those things that you have posted I have researched into. Long time I've known about them. I just don't care to comment on all your links and rants. The evil that the left does is evil, yes. So is the evil on the right.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/15/2018 2:27:19 PM

I read the "act" posted a section of it that I question, then a link that gives a fair list of pros and cons.

Two of the cons that concern I are:

1. POTENTIAL TO FACILITATE MORE PRIVATIZATION OF PRISON PROGRAMMING AND REENTRY SERVICES

Mr. ILL you vlaim that your not for the private prison system? Does this not concern you?

2. GRANTS SIGNIFICANT DISCRETION TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

If you read the bill you'll see that it give too much power to the attorney general.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 6:35:02 PM

First off, that list you linked to is someones personal opinion of the 'pros and cons'

THEY feel it promotes those things..

I linked to the ACTUAL congressional text of the bill.. Says a lot about the veracity of our reporting right there.

Anyway, yes. I am against the privatized, for-profit prison system.. If the bill is even passed, and comes to be that it increases this privatized system, then I will agree with you that it was not in the best interest.. But as I said earlier, this is the FIRST STEP in a direction that has been ignored by multiple administrations.. One felt swoop wont fix these glaring issues.. It most definitely wouldnt pass the senate anyway.. Too many swamp creatures with private interests to allow that.. So, realistically, we must start somewhere and take a first step in this direction.. I think this is it..

It is definitely NOT reinstating slavery as you make it out to be..

A prisoner who has been convicted of a serious crime and sentenced to labor is not slavery.. not even close.. Are people wrongfully imprisoned? Are there corrupt laws that discriminate and lead to these wrongful imprisonments? 100% yes!... Sooo, lets take 1 small step in the right direction and work with bipartisanship to make it happen.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/15/2018 10:13:22 PM

The link I posted is a non-biased list of pros and cons. The concerns the link addresses are valid. If you read the first step act, you would see they are valid.

The usa has the largest prison population in the world and this act will allow the usa to "employ" more of its prisoners. The FPI already is a billion dollar industry. This act will allow the FPI to capitalize on their industry even more. Making more money more money more money, from prison slave labor.

You posted a good link, now go and read it.

"Are people wrongfully imprisoned? Are there corrupt laws that discriminate and lead to these wrongful imprisonments? 100% yes!"-Hemphill

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/15/2018 10:36:41 PM

I did read it.. Well the summary as the ACTUALL bill is extremely long..

Creating a work relationship to re-enter society is not slave labor.. You can simplify it down to giving 'more power' but really it is allowing more avenues for productivity that can lead to reduced sentencing..

A con from the list you used; was that it might not get passed! Lol argument done right there!!

But lets continue..

Prison slave labor -- as you put it -- in this since is demonstrably false.. People are not snatched up and forced to work -- like they are in China -- they first have to have committed a serious crime and been convicted of it before any sentenced labor can begin.. Literally your perspective is like saying: "I got a ticket for egregiously breaking the speed limit law and now I have to do community service.. F***ing slave labor!!".. Uhmm no.. Thats not how it works there frank.. Since you like to over simplify things.. Here's another one.. Being forced to do extra house work because you disobeyed your parents, is not slave labor.. Not even close..

Now if the law that is being broken is in itself unjust, then I'm in with you.. Like petty marijuana possesion.. Good thing is, 1st and 2nd time offenders do not go to prison.. 3rd time offenders do.. Unless you got like 300 pounds then yeah.. Not a good idea..

In any case. Your fundamental premise is extremely flawed. A CONVICT who is working to repay his debt to society is not a slave. They are being paid with reduced sentencing.. Pretty simple..

"The bill modifies the computation of good time credit to allow a prisoner to earn a maximum of 54 days per year of the sentence imposed"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/15/2018 11:42:09 PM

Jahcub Onelove,

As i read the back and forth between you and Mr. H (i.e., your sincere insight versus the nonsense of a poser who comes to this website to try to undermine the Inity of RastafarI), i'm reminded of the last Chapter of Revelation.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still" - Revelation 22:11

Mr. H is not trying to enlighten anyone or stimulate reasoning with sophistry and deception. A RastafarI is already walking in an abundance of Truth that is far above the pig sty in which Mr. H is wallowing. You have been given a white raiment by His Majesty and are witness to the Truth of His Teachings. You needn't soil yourself by entering into the mud and feces of Mr. H. Oh I&i see that he uses the sophisticated deception & temptations of the Old Serpent to draw us in to his pollution, and it's easy to fall in. He infuriates me so by using the Holy Name of His Majesty in his blasphemies that i succumb to answering him also, but the very fact that he blasphemes His Majesty by juxtaposing HateDread with His Holy Name tells you precisely who Mr. H is serving.

Jahcub, you are absolutely correct that our brothers and sisters are held in bondage and slavery in America the Babylon, and that its gulag archipelago is very much an elaborate extension of precisely the slavery upon which the country was founded & through which it accrued its wealth. There's never been a need to reinstate slavery in America the Babylon because it's never ceased to exist.

"Babylon System is the vampire,
Suckin' the children day by day,
Me say: de Babylon System is the vampire, falling empire,
Suckin' the blood of the sufferers,
Building church and university,
Deceiving the people continually,
Me say them graduatin' thieves and murderers;
Look out now: they suckin' the blood of the sufferers"

i know that you know that you are right, brother, so i'm not concerned that your mind will be twisted by the Babylonian nonsense of Mr. H. The Babylon System has no noble intent whatsoever in imprisoning the falsely accused after they plea bargain away their freedom and are put into forced labor that has nothing to do with reforming people to re-enter society. America the Babylon officially gave up on rehabilitation of the incarcerated years ago and now emphasizes punishment for profit. America the Babylon has the highest recidivism rate among developed countries and rejects every potent programmatic societal reintegration measure demonstrated to reduce such recidivism because such reintegration measures are considered to be too human and not vindictive enough.

Anyway, I&i understand that i'm just telling you what you already know, Jahcub Onelove. i just feel like you you are casting your pearl before swine when i read your wisdom interspersed with alternating layers of pure bullshit.

BTW, as i sit here in Xiamen, China among wonderful Chinese brothers & sisters, i resent the type of person whose knowledge of all things Chinese comes from racists, and who repeats (like a bleating sheep) negative stereotypes and propaganda as if he actually understands anything first hand about this amazing 4000+ year old culture.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/16/2018 12:24:32 AM

Blessed love Nesta1, I give thanks for your words.

I say don't get baited and then I go and bite on some bait. Lol! I know better, yes I Nesta1, InI know better.

More love and life
Jah Guidance

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/16/2018 12:40:35 AM

The Old Serpent is very tricky. We spend our whole lives avoiding his traps and the better we get at it the more he intensifies the spiritual attacks. He despised the joy of the Rastaman immersed in JAH LOVE. i don't think Hemphill is the devil in disguise, but he is definitely serving as an agent for the devil (whether he's aware of it or not).

"If you get down and you quarrel everyday,
You're saying prayers to the devils, I say."

We need to seek JAH first and stick to the high road because:

"...whosoever diggeth a pit
Shall fall in it, fall in it"

YOU'RE RIGHT ON THE PATH, JAHCUB, GOING THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/16/2018 2:38:14 AM

The I speaks the truth Nesta1, I give thanks for the brotherly love!

Blessings to the I and the I's Asian bredren and sistren.

Heart of Love

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/16/2018 9:42:19 PM

Ya know, Jahcub, it's amazing how if you just keep His Majesty in the forefront of your thoughts you can put your vision to reality. In this trod thru Babylon, I&i mind is constantly pulled away from JAH Consciousness (i.e., in all of the drudgery the woes of the little "i" start to predominate and the big "I" becomes distant from thought). Every time there is any kind of lull or break that allows i consciousness to wander from the menial, i immediately revert to seeking His Majesty (who dwelleth in my Heart constantly), to merging the "i" with the "I", and to pushing H.I.M. to the forefront of my mind again. The ways in which He intercedes in this trod thru the rocks to Guide and Protect I&i is simply Awesome (a word that I&i reserve solely for references to JAH and His Creation; the only things in Reality which are truly Awesome).

JAH LOVE AND INITY AMONG ALL PEOPLE OF THE EARTH, BROTHER

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 143

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I