Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7006&start_row=51

Slavery by Another Name

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 143
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/7/2018 5:07:28 PM

Circle jerk from a racist

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/7/2018 6:07:44 PM

Nastiness... Keeping the ILL in hemphILL

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/7/2018 7:27:19 PM

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/7/2018 9:47:51 PM

Jahcub Onelove,

Yes, you have got the right interpretation here. It is a fact that there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of black brothers and sisters still held bondage TODAY in America. They are victims of racist American police state policies which TARGETED them for incarceration based upon their skin color, and are precisely the type of slaves contemplated by the architects of the 13th Amendment exclusion. Their mass incarceration & forced labor provide enormous profit margins for some of the largest corporations in America. Most of them were convicted of non-violent infractions.

SET THE CAPTIVES FREE!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/7/2018 10:06:43 PM

It is evil people using illegal means and programs -- the democrat plantation -- to set up a corrupt 'for-profit' prison system..

When applied legal amd lawfully, the 13th amendment is not in its self corrupt. It ended slavery and established a work relationship until the debt to society for the particular egregious crime is paid. It is not constitutionally intended to apply to petty crimes of drug use or any non violent crime. Again, that is when it is not being twisted and used illegally. The only reason the 'loop hole' exists is because evil people twisted privet intrest money schemes into the application of the clause. Not because the amendment is fundamentally a backdoor for slavery.. It is a false to think otherwise.

Whole truth and research over first glance and emotion.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/9/2018 10:28:48 AM

13th amendement is just slavery under another name, no where does it say that it does not apply to petty crimes, it just turns "criminals" into slaves so slavery could continue. Lets take a look: The 13th amendment "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

No where does it differentiate between petty or violent crimes, just says crime.

Usa was then and is now built and fueled by slavery.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/9/2018 11:40:56 AM

THE UGLY TRUTH

i'm afraid that you are precisely correct, Jahcub Onelove. The language crafted for the 13th Amendment was the subject of intense debate among the members of Congress, the Executive Branch, and the nation's wealthy business interest and landowning elite. The importance of slavery to the unified nation's economy (and especially that of the South) was considered to be far too great for it to be banned outright. Dissent against a law which would absolutely prohibit slavery and require that all labor be compensated in some way was so strong, especially from agricultural interests, that such an abolition amendment would have been politically dead on arrival and never would have been passed without an "escape clause" that permitted continued slavery under the flimsiest of pretexts. It was well understood that "except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted" was a green light for American business interests to use legal means to maintain a Post-Civil-War African American slave labor pool to continue to be used whenever they deemed it to be expedient (read: profitable).

It was no coincidence whatsoever that laws such as Virginia's Vagrancy Act of 1866 were quickly passed immediately following the December 18, 1865 adoption of the 13th Amendment. Approved by the Virginia General Assembly on January 15, 1866, the Act forced into employment, for a term of up to three months, any person who appeared to be unemployed or homeless. So-called "vagrants" were forced to work for no compensation while wearing balls and chains. More formally known as the Act Providing for the Punishment of Vagrants, the law came right after the American Civil War (1861–1865), when hundreds of thousands of African Americans, many of them who had just been proclaimed "free" by the 13th Amendment, wandered the country in search of work and displaced family members. As such, the act criminalized freed African Americans just as they were supposedly starting to build new lives as freemen.

And last but not least, let's not forget that right now as we are writing these posts in 2018, we still have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of African Americans convicted of non-violent offense (like involvement in the CIA-engineered "crack" cocaine epidemic) incarcerated in the U.S. for ridiculously long terms under Draconian sentencing laws and forced to work as virtual slaves, with de minimis or no compensation, for the benefit of corporate America. This is not happenstance or the by-product of some crime epidemic; it's by design.

Truth: Our African American brethren and sistren have never really been freed at all from downpression.

JAH COME BREAK DWONPRESSION, RULE EQUALITY, WIPE AWAY TRANSGRESSION, SET THE CAPTIVES FREE!

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/9/2018 4:38:18 PM

Right on Nesta1, break it on down!
The republicans were no better then than they are now. Same way with the demoncrats. No babylonian party freed the slaves, just change then name of slavery to criminal.

The truth about the emancipation procolation and how the north and Abe Lincoln really felt about black people.:

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/10/2018 12:47:50 AM

Jahcub Onelove, I&i confess: i'm something of a "history nerd". i find history to be fascinating for what it teaches us about the past, but more importantly for what it reveals to us about the world we live in today.
i love the name of the website in your posts: The Great Griot. Many years ago i read histories transcribed from West African griots in my comparative mythology & literature classes at the university. If others don't know what a griot is, i'll leave it to them to look it up.
Keep up posting the Truth, Jahcub.

JAH LOVE & PEACE

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/10/2018 3:09:34 AM

I too find history to be fascinating, Nesta1. I think InI should overstand our history, as rootsmen and rootswomben, and InI should ask Iselves, "History? Whos story?" And then ask Jah for the real eyes, to see and realise, the real lies that we have been told. And the story is all our story, what happens to one peoples affects all peoples, for we are on this one earth and we are one people, one race, the hueman race. RasTafarI!

Jah Love and Guidance

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 143

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I