Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6077&start_row=11

'Black' and 'White'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/6/2015 9:42:13 AM

'Black' and 'White' -- very simple.

To burn bible is to reject H.I.M Word is to get burned.

"Unless he accepts with clear conscious the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation."

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 5/6/2015 10:13:11 AM

Selassie support and spoke as what HIM is, an AFRICAN and a Christian!

As a Christian the King will speak of and have those views of the bible, its HIM culture and lineage but not so for all Africans

As an African, African liberation and Inification isa priority which shows in HIM speeches and actions

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 10:26:49 AM

Or was he only referring to making Union with Africans who are inna Bible? When a majority of Africa is not.....

Hail up VDR

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 10:31:29 AM

We don't put down the Bible and pickup anti Bible. We actually went to the ROOT. And found a doorway opening up our eyes to an entire untold world of our Ancient history and relations with divinity. And that's without leaving Ethiopia. Don't try and take RASTA fe fool

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/6/2015 10:53:59 AM

Right, beautiful. Supplement and advance knowledge of and within the Bible with new discoveries. The Bible is the rallying point of all Humanity. Yet on this site I read 'Burn Bible'...

Rasta no fool. Does every RasTafari follow THE most correct path? The path H.I.M pave(glorified in the Bible)

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 5/6/2015 12:12:21 PM

wise words. to conclude my feelings about that pagan or bible follower thing, i actually do agree with garveysafrica and see his point. (just like him) i'd personally never say "burn bible". jah is our almighty god to me. trying to praise him without no apology. thank you all for all the arguments regarding this complex thing.

i already wrote something about "blacks" and "whites" in the thread regarding black supremacy.

great quotes. always inspiring

Messenger: Humble one Sent: 5/6/2015 12:28:46 PM

Not all white people are the same! Not all black people are the same!

You might like to think that they are, but they are not.

---------------------

If you understand that they are not, then why do people still use "Black" and "white" to identify people.

---------------------

It seems that when it comes to King Selassie's views about racial equality, people will happily recite the exact words that he said parrot fashion, but when it comes to practicing them, there is not so.

All the best,

Joe

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 5/6/2015 7:03:45 PM

In post #11 on this thread, I used 'Black' and 'White' as a figure of speech.. Saying that this issue is Black and White[i.e. very simple].. The first post on this thread explains IandI view of 'Black' and 'White' as terms of describing race.. -- H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "I must say that Black and White, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging Mankind, should be eliminated from Human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be." 1 Samuel 16:7 -- But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Also, GARVEYS AFRICA does say to burn the Bible, the same as many other people on this forum do.. This directly goes against the teachings of H.I.M.. If a one feels that the Bible is not sufficient in information and wants to supplement Biblical knowledge and description with further ROOT examination, I have no problem with this. I encourage working to validate the message, but to 'Burn the Bible'[to I] means to completely disregard and reject the message, which is NOT AT ALL what H.I.M teach.. So IandI purpose here is to iterate and reiterate these seemingly ignored teachings.. To defend the Faith..

H.I.M Qedamawi Haile Selassie: "Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

If any of the I's use the Holy Bible as a foundation of Faith and evidence of Iyesus Kristos in H.I.M. Kingly Character and want to further study and grow with this eternal document; I send invitations to join www.rastafarigroundation.com -- Give Us The Teachings of His Majesty!

Bless
One Love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 8:34:36 PM

His Church doesn't declare HIM as the Almighty nor as the Christ figure or redeemer. Therefore no Rastafari share the official 'religion' of HIM. You do realise the conundrum your placing yourself in with your own logics

Are you going to share the same religious philosphophy of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church or are you a RasTafari and declare divinity with HIM?

Rastafari have a number of things Whe we might do or look on differently than our King. Food and diet being another topic.....

Your picking at things to plug your website

I n I say Haile Selassie I the first Black Supreme ruler of African liberation Royal Ethiopian bloodline of I ancestors unconquered by white society.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/6/2015 8:48:11 PM

Fire is to purify (to remove contaminants wickedness or falsehoods) and burn out confusion

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 94

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I